News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG XCIII Player Sign-Ups

Started by davy, December 11, 2016, 01:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game will we play?

Nocturne's Manti Rules
0 (0%)
Dudeman's Get in the Fucking Bag
7 (70%)
FireArrow's Mystery
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 20, 2016, 07:59:06 AM

Dudeman

I'm gonna implement the "one private vote, one public vote" into my game. Given that the poll is up, this'll be the last edit I make unless a huge balancing issue gets discovered.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Congratulations, Dudeman.

If the other players don't mind, I'd like to take some time to see if I can make your game more balanced tomorrow, and then we'll start soon afterwards.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 20, 2016, 10:04:10 AMCongratulations, Dudeman.

If the other players don't mind, I'd like to take some time to see if I can make your game more balanced tomorrow, and then we'll start soon afterwards.
Shoot me a PM if there's anything you want to discuss, I'd love to get this thing as perfect as possible.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Sorry for the delay everyone, Dudeman said he was going to implement the changes I suggested, but I'm still waiting for him to update his game.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

lol oops sorry everyone, got sidetracked by le christmas season.

Here's the game with updated mechanics. There are some significant changes, so I highly recommend reading through it again.

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Game starts on a Day phase. Each Day phase, every player votes for a player to send to Looker for screening. If that player is a bad guy, Looker puts them in the Ultra Wormhole FOREVER (they ded). Otherwise, the player is sent back and nothing happens. At Night, the Bad Guys can try to capture (wolf) one player. At the same time, each player will vote via PM for two players to put in the Bag. Players put in the Bag will not be wolfed at the end of the Night phase, and will be publicly announced at the beginning of the next Day phase. Bagged players also cannot be sent for screening. Wolves start out with 0 Bagging votes, but will gain two votes collectively for each Human they capture. If they capture Lillie, the Bag will only have one open spot on the next Night Phase (this cannot occur two Night Phases in a row; capturing Lillie twice in a row will do nothing). Bagged Pokemon exit the Bag at the start of the next Night phase.

Bad Guys (Wolves):
Wolves know each other. Wolves cannot be Bagged; attempting to Bag a wolf wastes a Bagging spot.
1. Lusamine: Has memory problems and can't remember who Lillie is. She's a President-type human so her screening votes can count for two, but only if she PM's the host stating so each Day phase.
2. Ya Boi Guzma: Every Night phase, he can get Team Skull to check what Pokémon a player is. They're not that smart, so all they can get is the color.

Pokémon:
3. Exeggutor: Its neck is so long that it takes up an extra spot in the Bag and the other Pokémon is forced out (at random, if the Bag has three spots). The first time this occurs, the other Pokémon becomes so confused that it cannot be captured that phase.
4. Metapod: Metapod's just here to make the game harder.
5. Toucannon: Angry. Very angry. Angery reacts only.
6. Nebby: WON'T STAY IN THE FUCKING BAG. Pokémon lose if Nebby is captured.
7. Mimikyu: Mimikyu creates a realm of spoopy scary shadows inside the Bag that it hides the other Pokémon in (chosen at random, if the Bag has an extra spot). This protects that Pokémon from being captured if Lillie is captured, but spoops them so bad that they refuse to go in the Bag for the rest of the game. Unless it's Nebby, 'cause then the game would break.
8. Dugtrio: HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA
9. Popplio: The starter nobody wanted. Capturing Popplio causes Lillie to have an extra spot in her Bag the next Night phase.

Lillie:
Lillie cannot be Bagged; attempting to Bag Lillie wastes a Bagging spot and is also just wrong.
10. Lillie: Is told who Nebby is. She's a super important character with plot relevance so she's told how many of each color of player are left at the end of each Night phase.

Things that will be announced in the thread:
1. Popplio decided to go back to the "Pending Designs" pile where it belongs. An extra spot opened in the Bag! (Day after Popplio's capture)
2. [player] hid in the Bag's shadows and refuses to GET BACK IN THE FUCKING BAG! (Day after Mimikyu is Bagged)
3. Exeggutor's neck defies explanation! It forced a Pokémon out of the Bag! (Day after Exeggutor is Bagged)

Wolves win when Nebby is captured.
Humans win when both Wolves die.
Nebby wins if it never gets put in the Bag.

Everybody loses if somebody forgets to capitalize the words Bag, Bagging, Bagged, etc.

Game will go up in 24 hours-ish so that people have time to read the revised rules. A million thank-yous to davy for his assistance.

davy

Two small things:

Now that we have night phase bagging voting, we don't need to start on a day phase anymore. Starting on a day phase means humans can afford 3 mislynches, starting on a night phase means humans can afford 2 mislynches. Each time Lilly or a bagged human is attacked, that amount increases by one. Usually, humans get 2-3 mislynches, so I would suggest starting on a night phase. If you think humans need a little extra help this game, starting on a day phase is fine.

Lilly's seering power is not as overpowered as her guarding power, but is still perfectly accurate because all wolves are red and only wolves are red. This can be fixed by changing colors so that wolves blend in better with humans, but I'd prefer that you change Lilly's ability once again (give her a psychic ability for all colors for example).

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 25, 2016, 12:38:41 PMNow that we have night phase bagging voting, we don't need to start on a day phase anymore. Starting on a day phase means humans can afford 3 mislynches, starting on a night phase means humans can afford 2 mislynches. Each time Lilly or a bagged human is attacked, that amount increases by one. Usually, humans get 2-3 mislynches, so I would suggest starting on a night phase. If you think humans need a little extra help this game, starting on a day phase is fine.
Yeah, this was something I was uncertain about. Given that wolf victory hinges on a capture, I think a day of open discussion that includes a screening would be beneficial to kickstart the game. We'll see how that goes.
QuoteLilly's seering power is not as overpowered as her guarding power, but is still perfectly accurate because all wolves are red and only wolves are red. This can be fixed by changing colors so that wolves blend in better with humans, but I'd prefer that you change Lilly's ability once again (give her a psychic ability for all colors for example).
I'm open to this, provided I am reminded how Psychics normally function. twg rules oughtta be updated with some more special roles

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on December 25, 2016, 01:19:40 PMI'm open to this, provided I am reminded how Psychics normally function. twg rules oughtta be updated with some more special roles
Normal Psychic is told the number of wolves (or reds) at the end of the night phase. In this case, Lillie will be told the number of players for each color.

Also, I'd gladly update the rules if someone would officially promote me to TWC so that I can actually edit posts.

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 25, 2016, 01:25:31 PMNormal Psychic is told the number of wolves (or reds) at the end of the night phase. In this case, Lillie will be told the number of players for each color.
I like this. Added.

davy

One more thing that I just thought about: Lusamine's double vote should be changed (making it optional for example) so that we won't get stupid "everybody votes for themselves" thingies.

Dudeman

I mean, I intentionally made it so that only applied to the screening votes so that...hold on, what? Are you referring to Bagging? 'Cause how would changing Lusamine's ability change how people vote? And yeah, Lusamine's power only applies to screenings atm.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on December 25, 2016, 02:05:18 PMI mean, I intentionally made it so that only applied to the screening votes so that...hold on, what? Are you referring to Bagging? 'Cause how would changing Lusamine's ability change how people vote? And yeah, Lusamine's power only applies to screenings atm.

Day 1 humans agree to the plan that everyone votes for themselves. If everyone votes for themselves, Lusamine dies (since her vote is worth more than everyone elses.) If Lusamine doesn't kill herself, then she'll be the only person who didn't vote for herself revealing her identity.

Removing the ability to vote for yourself doesn't fix anything because then we can figure out who Lusamine is by voting for the person below you on the player list.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

Quote from: FireArrow on December 25, 2016, 02:54:30 PMDay 1 humans agree to the plan that everyone votes for themselves. If everyone votes for themselves, Lusamine dies (since her vote is worth more than everyone elses.) If Lusamine doesn't kill herself, then she'll be the only person who didn't vote for herself revealing her identity.

Removing the ability to vote for yourself doesn't fix anything because then we can figure out who Lusamine is by voting for the person below you on the player list.
Ohhhhhhhhhh got it got it got it. Okay, I can make it optional per davy's suggestion.

davy

Dudeman, could you start the game, please?

Olimar12345

If the game doesn't start soon I might have to sit out :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!