News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Post Your Bandwith Speed Here!

Started by KefkaticFanatic, July 07, 2008, 07:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

DO IT.

Also lets have everybody use www.speedtest.net and choose to test your best connection as well as the one I use.

EDIT: It seems some of you think you're getting a kilobytes per second result when you really are getting a kiloBITS per second result.  Go to http://www.speedtest.net/results.php and change the "speed measure" tab at the top to kilobytes or whatever you want to see.

me irl
[close]

Davey

Same picture I put in TPYTotMT2. I am going to unplug my mom's computer and put my computer directly into the modem tomorrow and then we'll see who gets 15k Download speed D=<

Egnio

<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

starpikachu

Hella slow compared to you people.

See?

Parker2334

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Beethoven II

Harvest

-

KefkaticFanatic

It seems some of you think you're getting a kilobytes per second result when you really are getting a kiloBITS per second result.  Go to http://www.speedtest.net/results.php and change the "speed measure" tab at the top to kilobytes or whatever you want to see.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

-

MetroidHunter26

I don't know if this is good or not :P

OMG I am the slowest person on this forum!?!? BLOODY *goes and swears his brains out and wonders why IN THE HELL DID HE GET A FRICKEN VISTA AND QWEST MODEM WITH GOD AWFULL WIRELESS COMMUNICATION AND...................."

Jamaha

chipmunk884

Here is my result:
How the heck do you first guys have speeds up in the 7000's?  And i have some questions about what the results mean.  First, when you say you have something like a 8 megabit connection, what does that mean?  And second, how come my results for the speed test is at 1200, yet when i download things it only downloads at 154 kilobytes a second?

Harvest

You need to look at Gamers post about 4 posts above yours.  You have yours set to see kilobits.  You need to set it to kilobits.
-

Jamaha

1 kilobyte = 8 kilobits

Divide that by 8 and you should see familiar numbers.

As in

1268 / 8 = 158.625 ≈ 154

generalmayo

okay okay I get it