News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Ice Mountain" by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, December 30, 2016, 10:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 30, 2017, 04:43:20 AMI updated the files with all of Deku's changes exceptCould I get a 2nd opinion on that? It sounds correct as D# to me.
Deku is correct. It's a D# E.

E. Gadd Industries

Wait, what? I thought Deku was saying it need to be Enat; in the sheet, it's D# already
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

E. Gadd Industries

I revised and updated the files with the E instead of D#. Everything look good now?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

-Again, this tempo marking (as inside-jokey as it is) is pretty much useless so far as I can tell. You can technically keep it if you really really want but I would sooner use the space to put in something that might actually help the player.
-Measure 13, LH: Move that F so it's in line with the Ab and Eb.
-Measure 14, LH: Is there a reason you're using two voices here? Looks to me like it would fit perfectly using just one.
-Last line: Because I'm an obsessive compulsive, I'd like to suggest you put those pedal markings in line with each other rather than being so vertically variable.

Pitch accuracies aside, I think that's about all I've got. Looks ok.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

E. Gadd Industries

The files have been updated with the exception of:
Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 09, 2017, 10:51:38 AM-Measure 14, LH: Is there a reason you're using two voices here? Looks to me like it would fit perfectly using just one.
Yes there is, actually (unlike my arbitrary self in most occasions ::)). That second voice is the same voice as the rest of the 2nd voice in the surrounding measures.
That was really repetitively redundant, but I couldn't think of a better way to explain it.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

final things (I think):
-Tempo is a hair too slow (sounds more like dotted quarter = 84)
-Measure 12 (LH) layer two should have a Bb on beat four and nothing on beat three.
-Courtesy naturals on the B's at the key change (both hands) would be nice.
-The B on beat four measure 21 (RH) should be a C#.

Here is a version with these changes:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59554832/nsm/NSM%20subs/Super%20Mario%20Galaxy%20-%20Ice%20Mountain123456.mus
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot