[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Computer Virus Battle" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, February 16, 2017, 02:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Files updated now!

- new tempo marking. Hopefully this one is easier to understand and apply to a performance
- shrunk the size to 95%, like Static suggested
- edited m29 a little; used a 16th note instead of a 32nd

Also, GilvaSunner suggests that the title should be called Battle OS, but I dunno; I don't always trust this person's titles.

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Looks really good to me. Just two things from me:

Get those crescendo/diminuendo inside the staves because I can't tell when to play them.
Notes are solid the whole way through except for any iteration of bar 7. Change the F, Ab, Db pattern (under the lead) in the right hand to Ab, Bb, Db.
innit

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Ok, I fixed it with Andy's tips, and made changes to those rhythms in m2. One problem remains, though...

Even though the staves are split, bringing the decresc. down applies to both of them. Can someone figure out what's going on?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 19, 2017, 02:53:14 PMbringing the decresc. down applies to both of them.
Oh! I didn't realise you wanted it just on the treble stave, my bad. In which case you do want it above like before. I'm not sure how that would be made clear that it's not just a mistake.... You'll need a pro mod opinion on that.
innit

Maelstrom

A few bits of advice:
The shorthand for "decrescendo RH only" is just to put the decrescendo above the treble clef. Which I recomend doing, along with the mfs.

Notewise, it looks great.

LeviR.star

Fixed! But a couple things before I update the files...

- what does "mfs" mean?
- should I keep it as "Computer Virus Battle", or change it to  "Battle OS"?

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 19, 2017, 05:46:31 PM- what does "mfs" mean?
The "mf" dynamic markings?

I'm not too familiar with KSS, but I seem to recall not finding an OST with definitive names. It seems like the title as you have it now makes more sense, though.

Also, flip beats 1-2 and 4 (RH) of m. 7, 11, 19.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Latios212

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on February 19, 2017, 02:17:25 PMNotes are solid the whole way through except for any iteration of bar 7. Change the F, Ab, Db pattern (under the lead) in the right hand to Ab, Bb, Db.
You reverted this back to the wrong version by accident.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on February 19, 2017, 06:27:40 PMYou reverted this back to the wrong version by accident.

Oops.

Ok, there we go. Changed again for the final time.

Dekkadeci

To me, dynamics like Bars 12-13, where mf decrescendos into mf, are confusing and risk being ignored by sight readers who assume you don't know what you're writing because dynamic markings normally don't change volume into themselves. To ensure that those directions actually do get followed, I recommend stuff like putting mp or "piu piano" at the end of the decrescendo (to indicate what volume pianists should quiet down to) or putting "subito" next to the second mf (as an acknowledgement that the dynamics are supposed to quiet down, then abruptly return to mf).

Also, a sloppy sight reader can interpret the mf of Bar 9's RH as belonging to the LH of Bar 6, IMO. I'd like the dynamics to be unambiguously closer to the staves they're for.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on February 20, 2017, 04:54:08 AMTo me, dynamics like Bars 12-13, where mf decrescendos into mf, are confusing and risk being ignored by sight readers who assume you don't know what you're writing because dynamic markings normally don't change volume into themselves. To ensure that those directions actually do get followed, I recommend stuff like putting mp or "piu piano" at the end of the decrescendo (to indicate what volume pianists should quiet down to) or putting "subito" next to the second mf (as an acknowledgement that the dynamics are supposed to quiet down, then abruptly return to mf).

Also, a sloppy sight reader can interpret the mf of Bar 9's RH as belonging to the LH of Bar 6, IMO. I'd like the dynamics to be unambiguously closer to the staves they're for.

Thanks for the feedback, Dekkadeci! I think I made it easier to read now.

Anything else? Or is it good to go?

Latios212

You missed a pp at the end of m. 19, and it would be nicer if the dynamics were closer to the respective staves. Don't worry, I'll get it for you.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot