Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Opening
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zeila

Dudeman

MY MEGA MAN SENSES ARE TINGLING

m.1/m.2: I'd drop the LH note on beat 4 entirely.
m.2: The first note of the RH second layer should be a D.
m.11-16: The LH is rather messy. I'd choose one of the channels to include instead of trying to dislocate your fingers in order to play both.
m.17: I'd put something in the left hand to simulate those classic Mega Man tom drums. I normally like to include those if they're used since they're played by the NES's triangle channel, separate from the percussion provided by the noise channel.

this is really really good :D
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

is it bad that once I got to measure 3 I heard Pollyanna and Snow Halation simultaneously
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zeila

Quote from: Dudeman on February 20, 2017, 10:09:26 PMMY MEGA MAN SENSES ARE TINGLING

m.1/m.2: I'd drop the LH note on beat 4 entirely.
m.2: The first note of the RH second layer should be a D.
I'm already used to it so it sounds a little weird without them. I left them there since that's what it's like in the original, but I changed the note lengths. The individual playing it could change it to the way they see fit. I also fixed the wrong note

Quote from: Dudeman on February 20, 2017, 10:09:26 PMm.11-16: The LH is rather messy. I'd choose one of the channels to include instead of trying to dislocate your fingers in order to play both.
I opted for the bottom one and got rid of the 2nd layer

Quote from: Dudeman on February 20, 2017, 10:09:26 PMm.17: I'd put something in the left hand to simulate those classic Mega Man tom drums. I normally like to include those if they're used since they're played by the NES's triangle channel, separate from the percussion provided by the noise channel.

this is really really good :D
Done, and thank you!

Latios212

- I'd raise and show the layer 2 quarter rests in m. 1-2.
- The accel. would be better positioned on measure 15.
- m. 3: last eighth notes in middle layer is G# not F#.
- You could afford to move the ped. markings down a bit. They're a bit close to the notes in places.
- Raise those eighth rests in m. 5 back to center staff.
- In m. 7-10 I would recommend flipping the top layer back up and displaying the rest in layer 2. Just looking at the PDF it's a little ambiguous which voice beat 4 belongs to.
- Keys from 11-end, it modulates from D->E->F->G, not A. You could write out the key changes, or leave everything in G perhaps.
- At the end, is it supposed to be a white key glissando? Also it overlaps the natural on the low G (currently).
- Check the composer spelling?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on March 14, 2017, 05:56:14 PM- Check the composer spelling?
Went back and looked at this and I agree. It's Takashi Tateishi, with two i's.

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on March 14, 2017, 05:56:14 PM- Keys from 11-end, it modulates from D->E->F->G, not A. You could write out the key changes, or leave everything in G perhaps.
Idk why I even put it as A in the first place, but I wrote out the key changes

Quote from: Latios212 on March 14, 2017, 05:56:14 PM- At the end, is it supposed to be a white key glissando? Also it overlaps the natural on the low G (currently).
Yep, since that's the best way I can think of to emulate the bend at the end. And since I changed the key signature there aren't any overlaps

Quote from: Latios212 on March 14, 2017, 05:56:14 PM- Check the composer spelling?
My bad...

It should be good now, thanks!

Maelstrom

Holy carp, this really does sound like Pollyanna.

Accepted; great job.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot