News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: Dudeman on April 28, 2017, 05:59:29 PMSee, for something to be a timeless classic, it kind of has to be...timeless. Ya dig?
Quote from: Maelstrom on April 28, 2017, 06:02:42 PMTimeless classics have to be regularly played today to be considered timeless classics.
I think you edged my first quiz in obscurity.

I see your point. Of course we aren't going to play the same games everyday. Wolfenstein 3D could certainly be considered timeless since almost every beginner computer graphics course/article out there that references this, but I have not played it in years. Same for Undertale, which even though it seems insanely popular now will eventually become one of those gems that we remember/play from time to time (just like it's predecessor Earthbound/Mother).

But yeah...
Quote from: Maelstrom on April 28, 2017, 06:02:42 PMCan we please tone it down a little? If you doubt at least 2 people will get it, don't put it on.

note taken.

mastersuperfan

By the way, that "resource" I used as a tool... was NSM.

Also rip I posted on the bottom of the page; probably doesn't make much of a difference but I hope y'all don't mind if I quote it here so people can see it at the top

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 28, 2017, 06:08:48 PMAnyways, though, without further ado:

MSF ROUND 2

This one has 15 melodies (yep, even more now), and I think it's a bit less obscure than my last one (you better get at least half of them Dudeman, you need to redeem yourself). All of these are from Nintendo games or from games published on Nintendo consoles.

As opposed to some of the recent hosts, I don't mind if the game you submit in your guess isn't the first game in which the melody appeared. This means that you can submit remixes in later games in the series or even from Smash; it doesn't make much of a difference since you can just search for the original track anyways.

When you PM me your guesses, I'll respond as soon as possible telling you how many you got right and, if any, which ones you got wrong.

Don't have fun! (As per Dudeman's order)

EDIT: One more thing: while the first 10 are relatively easy (at least, in my opinion), the last 5 are deliberately harder and less recognizable. Props to anyone who can get those ones (not that they're worth any more than the others).

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on April 28, 2017, 05:59:29 PMSee, for something to be a timeless classic, it kind of has to be...timeless. Ya dig?
I agree. Also, just as I thought, I only knew one of them. Even after finding out what they were.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 28, 2017, 06:27:31 PMAlso rip I posted on the bottom of the page; probably doesn't make much of a difference but I hope y'all don't mind if I quote it here so people can see it at the top
For once, I actually know a good few of them. Buuuut... since I can't figure out the specific songs that a lot of the ones I know are, I'm not going to bother entering. I am however going to guess one just because I want to know if I have it right. The version in the quiz sounds off-key and doesn't end right, but it's too close not to be it.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 28, 2017, 06:08:48 PM(you better get at least half of them Dudeman, you need to redeem yourself)
Ohhhhh yeah, this round is feeling really good.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on April 28, 2017, 06:16:07 PMSame for Undertale, which even though it seems insanely popular now will eventually become one of those gems that we remember/play from time to time (just like it's predecessor Earthbound/Mother).
STICK EM UP LETS GO
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Frick, solely from humming the PDF at the wrong tempo since I'm not at my desktop computer right now, I still only recognize two of them right now. And one of them is in Melodies 11-15, so it's supposed to be hard.

LeviR.star

I only got 3 this time...

Also, please check out the schedule. I had to put PetrifiedLasagna in and move Yug_Guy because of his finals. Let me know if you see any incorrect dates.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Update: All of the first ten have been guessed by at least one person. Of the last five, two have been found so far.

EDIT: Now, four of the last five have been found... and I imagine it might stay that way.

Latios212

I currently have six right but another couple I feel like I can get with some more thought
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Got on my desktop computer and recognized one more song (this time in Melodies 1-10). So far, I'm still on track for getting 0-20% of any given quiz I don't create...

braix

Man, y'all started a cool game without me that's so not fair
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book