The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 10, 2017, 05:08:17 AMAny possibility we can get the non-.zip version, or at least a version mobile users can play along with?

The .zip should have the .pdf. What do you mean?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

You can't open .zip files on mobile without external programs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 10, 2017, 09:44:42 AMYou can't open .zip files on mobile without external programs.

I see. I'm at school; can anyone share a link to a folder with the files rather than a compressed folder (.zip)?

Also, 3 of the quiz melodies have been guessed incorrectly so far. Remember to check the time and key signatures!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 10, 2017, 10:02:56 AMDekka v2.0
I am unfortunately inclined to agree. And if both MSF and I are saying that, that's a bad sign.

EDIT: Levi, if any of these turn out to be BS-X titles, you're gonna have a lot of upset people.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on May 10, 2017, 10:09:22 AMLevi, if any of these turn out to be BS-X titles, you're gonna have a lot of upset people.

There are no BS-X titles from any obscure franchises here.

Maelstrom

ARE THERE ANY BS-X TITLES AT ALL

BECAUSE THAT'S JUST AS BAD

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 10, 2017, 10:46:14 AMARE THERE ANY BS-X TITLES AT ALL

my instincts tell me #10
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Dudeman

Okay, guys, here's my pitch for why BS-X melodies should be excluded from future quizzes, apart from obscurity (because let's face it, obscurity is unavoidable in this game). When the Satellaview games were originally broadcast, they actually had a live orchestra playing the background music and live narration during gameplay. These recordings have been essentially lost to time, and so anything labeled as music from a BS-X title is either a recreation or files that were included in the game's ROM, which weren't played during the actual game. At least, that's how I understand it.

But for real nobody's going to know anything that's specifically from the Satellaview

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on May 10, 2017, 11:13:02 AMBut for real nobody's going to know anything that's specifically from the Satellaview

Hmm, I figured you knew #10... Also, is it fair to say that many people have never played some of the games from these past quizzes, yet still knew what they were from? That's because we have YouTube. Watching a longplay may not be the same as playing the game, but it doesn't mean you can't learn a soundtrack from it or find enjoyment out of watching it.

Maelstrom

Nope. If I know an OST and haven't played it, it's simply because I loved the OST. I never watch any sort of let's plays.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 10, 2017, 11:21:09 AMI never watch any sort of let's plays.

I only watch longplays and TASs. Anything else usually has an annoying commentary and I can't hear the music/sound effects over his/her annoying voice. Torkirby, though, is an exception.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on May 10, 2017, 10:46:42 AM
Quote from: Maelstrom on May 10, 2017, 10:46:14 AMARE THERE ANY BS-X TITLES AT ALL
my instincts tell me #10
Well, I think I'm allowed to say this: #10 certainly originated from a game that wasn't on the BS-X. Now, if he's only going to accept guesses from only that BS-X game (or whatever version he used), that's going to be somewhat of a problem.

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 10, 2017, 11:16:17 AMAlso, is it fair to say that many people have never played some of the games from these past quizzes, yet still knew what they were from? That's because we have YouTube.
While it is possible (I was certainly able to guess a few songs this way), it's probably best to assume this isn't the case. Most people's knowledge on soundtracks from games they haven't played are usually pretty scattered.

Also, you never actually said whether or not there were any BS-X games in this quiz. I'm pretty sure most of us would like a definitive answer.

Dudeman

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 10, 2017, 01:45:38 PMAlso, you never actually said whether or not there were any BS-X games in this quiz. I'm pretty sure most of us would like a definitive answer.
Quote from: LeviR.star on May 10, 2017, 10:44:11 AMThere are no BS-X titles from any obscure franchises here.
The wording is highly suspect