NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 12, 2017, 03:15:32 PMIt is Saturday.
Take your frickin' Austrain time zone and get the hell outta here!

Until tomorrow. When the answers are revealed.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dekkadeci

It's pretty late right now--wondering when LeviR.star's answers will be revealed and WaluigiTime64's melodies will be shown.

LeviR.star

Dudeman told me he'd be guessing when he had the chance. He was in the Skype chat today...

Someone ought to remind him, or anyone else wanting to participate.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Did somebody say... WALUIGI!!?

Yo. I got a thing. Here's the thing. Have a nice day.

Here's how this one's going to work. The first page is the standard quiz, and the second page is also a standard quiz, but a bit trickier. Considering one of these melodies is purely there so that no one can guess it, and another one is just being mean, the quiz will be marked out of 8 instead of 10. Those two mentioned will still be counted as 1 point each, meaning that if you're a super genius, you can get 10/8 (or 9/8 I guess). Most games were published by Nintendo and/or another company.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Diggity-done, let's get those answers

ninja'd by WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Wait since when was that #1 in 15/8... I always thought it was 4/4  :o

(Also, for the record, I didn't get any melodies stolen this time, but #1 and #4 were in my backup pool of melodies in case one of the ones on my quiz did get stolen. I was expecting someone else to do #1 sooner or later, though.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dekkadeci

Shoot, the only one I get is #1b. Given its sheer brevity and speed, is that supposed to be one that's just being mean?

(Also, so far, nobody has stolen any of my melodies. The one who's gotten the closest so far is LeviR.star, who used a warped portion of one of the songs I've currently chosen...that's actually from a third song, so I'm safe.)

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 13, 2017, 08:47:50 PMShoot, the only one I get is #1b. Given its sheer brevity and speed, is that supposed to be one that's just being mean?

Doubt it, because that one's still very obvious.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 13, 2017, 08:26:54 PMWait since when was that #1 in 15/8... I always thought it was 4/4  :o
It's only that part.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 13, 2017, 08:26:54 PM(Also, for the record, I didn't get any melodies stolen this time, but #1 and #4 were in my backup pool of melodies in case one of the ones on my quiz did get stolen. I was expecting someone else to do #1 sooner or later, though.)
I only steal from the supplies that aren't being used yet, so that the enemy won't have anything to fall on.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 13, 2017, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 13, 2017, 08:47:50 PMShoot, the only one I get is #1b. Given its sheer brevity and speed, is that supposed to be one that's just being mean?
Doubt it, because that one's still very obvious.
Bingo.

Bonus: There's a 3-way tie going on right now. You probably know who you are.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 13, 2017, 09:11:12 PMBy the way, shouldn't those be triplets in #4?
Oh yeah :U. I just took it from a transcription I made a while ago, but it's still very much discernible as the original song. I'll edit it anyway.

LeviR.star

Alright, here are the much-anticipated answers!

Spoiler
[GBA] Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World-e"

I submitted this sheet last year. Pretty catchy world map, if you ask me, even if it is 4 measures long.

Latios212 guessed this correctly.
[close]

Spoiler
[GBA] Game & Watch Gallery 4 - "Title Screen"

One of those games where you can see all the crazy things Mario & co. do in a non-canon game. Towards the beginning sorta sounds like The Amazon from DuckTales. (Looking at you, Waluigi).

No one got this one...
[close]

Spoiler
[PC] Undertale - "It's Showtime!"

This was my "easiest" one. Y'all complain when I put obscure songs and when I put songs from popular games. How am I supposed to know what's in-between?

Maelstrom, Latios212, Dekkadeci, mastersuperfan and Dudeman guessed this correctly. Jeez I made this one too easy.
[close]

Spoiler
{JP} [NES] Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise - "Megalopolis"

This was arguably my most obscure one in this quiz. Also, as Dudeman promised, he would recognize any Mega Man song, EXCEPT --

Quote from: Dudeman on May 04, 2017, 11:09:49 AMAlthough I will throw in the caveat that I'm less likely to know something from Battle Network, Star Force, or Legends.

He now owes me a little something...

Quote from: Dudeman on May 04, 2017, 11:09:49 AM10 bucks, if memory serves.

I'll just accept 1,000 Wii Points; that will work best. :)

No one got this one... not even Dudeman.
[close]

Spoiler
[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Battle Among Friends: Waddle Dee"

I'd say Crystal Shards is a pretty well-known Kirby game, but this song is only heard once in the story mode. Adeline's fight theme started to overshadow this one following the release of Kirby: Triple Deluxe, due to it being used in Kirby Fighters, and remixed again for the same purpose in Kirby Fighters Deluxe.

No one got this one...
[close]

Spoiler
[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - "Haunted Enigmansion"

Don't you guys dare complain about this melody just because it's from a game that wasn't the PMTTYD sequel everyone wanted. This is my favorite level in the game, and contains a wonderful tribute to Waltz of the Boos from Super Mario Galaxy. This game has great music.

No one got this one... and no, I did not accept Waltz of the Boos.
[close]

Spoiler
[NES] Spelunker - "Stage Theme 1"

Ahh, Spelunker; one of the best-known non-Nintendo NES games. This theme is also quite catchy, and of course, the game is good, too. I suggest you guys try it out sometime. Also Siiva recently remixed this into Crash Man's theme so I hoped someone would get this.

No one got this one...
[close]

Spoiler
[MUL] Bad Piggies - "Builder"

My favorite Angry Birds spinoff. When I was younger, I played the heck out of this game; hours and hours everyday. Puzzle/sandbox games can be quite addicting. If you have played this before, I'd be surprised that you didn't remember this one.

No one got this one... though, someone did say this sounded familiar to them... who was it?
[close]

Spoiler
[GB] Kirby's Star Stacker - "Hard"

Kirby's most famous puzzle game. This song's SNES remix was also used in Patched Plains' "6EX" bonus stage in Kirby: Planet Robobot. Tut-tut, I thought you guys played that game only a year ago. Also it really sounds like Batman '66's theme.

No one got this one... and no, I did not accept Mr. Batty Twist.
[close]

Spoiler
[BS-X] BS The Legend of Zelda - "Dungeon"

Alright, alright; I won't put any more Satellaview songs in my quizzes, jeez. Dudeman and mastersuperfan, however, were smart and efficient enough to do some research and find out exactly which version of the original The Legend of Zelda's Dungeon theme this was. Good for them.

mastersuperfan and Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]

Who is the winner? Let's see! *drum roll*

Spoiler
A three-way tie between Latios212, mastersuperfan and Dudeman! Congratulations!!
[close]

Welp, looks like I learned my lesson, huh? Don't worry, guys; the next quiz will be much, much easier. I'll just accept my 1,000 Wii Points via PM attached with a scratch-off code and be on my way
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 13, 2017, 09:23:21 PMLatios212 guessed this correctly.

Maelstrom, Latios212, Dekkadeci, mastersuperfan and Dudeman guessed this correctly. Jeez I made this one too easy.

two-way tie between mastersuperfan and Dudeman