News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Results! I am very "tired" at the moment and not at all ready to write up a post! So! Let's do this!

melodies!
1 - Encounter - Metal Gear Solid
8 people got this one!

2 - Creative Exercise - Mario Paint
Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 09, 2017, 01:10:48 AMWelp. I wanted to listen to the "Creative Exercise" music from Mario Paint, so I searched it up on Youtube. I hate using the 30 minute extensions, so I clicked the second link, and my ears were greeted with "♪Who's been drawing, been drawing dicks? Who's drawing dicks? Who's drawing dicks?♫"

And then I resigned myself to my fate.
... This just happened to me. Again.
5 people drew, uh, picks

3- Title Screen - GoldenEye 007
3 people (only 3? sad.) got this one right. People didn't want to pursue it, I guess.

4- Driftveil City - Pokémon Black/White
3 people got this one too. Probably one of my favourites from B/W.

5- Main Theme - Final Fantasy VII
Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 28, 2017, 03:39:18 PM...

._.

y u do dis

is there a Final Fantasy one in here
Yes.
2 people got this one!

6- Corridors of Time - Chrono Trigger
7 people got this one. Good thing, too.

7- Looming Darkness - Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 28, 2017, 03:35:25 PMmelodies that represent the looming darkness of the inevitable heat death of the universe (couldn't do because of Kirby)

Teehee. 2 people got this, I think. I just deleted the number by accident without looking at it and I'm too lazy to undo and I'm pretty sure it's only 2

8- Burned Tower - Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
One of my favourites from G/S/C, probably because of the Japanese scales they use and the sudden tempo change. I like that game's music in general. 5 people got this!

9- Outset Island - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
This music really wakes my wind. 9 people got this right

10- Eight Melodies - Earthbound (others with the same melody were accepted!)
7 people got this one. I was really tempted to make this #8 and #9 buuuuut that wasn't funny.

11- Faron Woods - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
7 people also got this one.

12- Chainlink Charge - Super Mario 3D World
Y'know, I've actually never played this game past the first two levels. I got bored of it quick. 9 peeps got this one in the bag

13- Katamari on the Rocks - Katamari Damacy
Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 26, 2017, 10:44:51 AMReminds me of Tim Hortons.
Geddit? Because you roll up the rim to win here in Canada!
3 people rolled this one up.

14- Celestial Valley - Kirby Air Ride
4 people got this. I'm getting sleepy.

15- Green Hill Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog
Only 5 people were fast enough to catch this one. Everyone else was too slow.

16- DK Rap - Donkey Kong 64
7 people are part of the DK Crew. I mean, with the posts in the Siivagunner thread and the Listening thread, along with straight up mentioning it by name in my last post, I'm still happy how many people's coconut guns can fire in spurts.
Creds to people who got this without seeing my posts and realizing!

17- Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2001 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Three people got this one. Not too easy, and it shows.

18- X-Naut Fortress - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Fuck I just clicked on the Siivagunner link again instead of the actual music. 3 people got this one. I thought this would mess people up, since there isn't really a melody and it's the combination with the bass line that makes it distinctive.

19- Northern Desert - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
3 people got this one. Everyone else doesn't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. One of my favourites from what's it called this game.

20- Flower Fields - Kirby's Epic Yarn (others were accepted too. i don't discriminate.)
7 people got this one. I don't like this one actually, it feels too carefree.

21- Hyrule Castle - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (any other variants were accepted too!)
10 people got this one. I like that intro.

22- Ryoshima Coast - Okami
bark bark. msf woof woof pant pant shake shake pat pat good boy

23- Forest Maze - Super Mario RPG
there are many secrets in this game, many of which drive some peeps insane
4 people got this one. teehee

12 people participated this time! Let's look at the top 3.

mastersuperfan - 18
Yug_Guy - 17
Dudeman - 15

What a surprise.

A lot of people made funny comments but I'm just way too "tired" to search them up and quote them so uh if you thought you said something funny you can go ahead and quote yourself or something idk

oh shit my formatting is wack and so is my life
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I would love if you could finish that wonderful sheet of yours, msf...

Just another South Park reference
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Oh, it's finished. I just never bothered to submit it. Probably because I'm not completely satisfied with how it came out...

Also, I feel like Dood Man will wreck me again on Static's. But at least I can take comfort in the fact that I know two that he (probably) won't get.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThatHiddenCharacter

I just realized that Yug didn't put a funny quotes section. Kinda makes me sad cause I said Goodbye in Russian to him.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Yug_Guy

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if your next quiz was a full-on ARG, where we have to go through your entire post history to find one specific reference while you bombard us with vague, cryptic clues as to what the songs could possibly be. Actually, that'd be kind of fun...

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 28, 2017, 07:40:33 PMA lot of people made funny comments but I'm just way too "tired" to search them up and quote them so uh if you thought you said something funny you can go ahead and quote yourself or something idk
u got it dude:
Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 26, 2017, 08:18:09 PM13. NAAAAAA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA KATAMARI DAMACYYYYYYY
Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 26, 2017, 08:18:09 PM16. WALNUTS PEANUTS PINEAPPLE SMELLS
Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 26, 2017, 08:18:09 PMAnd I saw what you did in the "What are you listening to right now" thread... you cheeky walnut
[close]

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on June 28, 2017, 07:59:50 PMI just realized that Yug didn't put a funny quotes section. Kinda makes me sad cause I said Goodbye in Russian to him.
BECAUSE Y'ALL DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING FUNNY

Fine, have your quotes section:
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on June 24, 2017, 01:18:05 PMПрощай.
Quote from: Dudeman on June 24, 2017, 01:34:07 PM#2: Mudamudamudamudamudamudamudamudamuda Kingdom - Super Mario Land
Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 24, 2017, 06:25:09 PM
Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 24, 2017, 05:34:47 PMDid you know? Some fun facts are left incomple
Well, that's quite a bu-
Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 24, 2017, 09:33:13 PMPretty sure #3 is Pokémon. #8 is also driving me up a wall and a half.

That's it. No more.
[close]

Static

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 28, 2017, 08:18:49 PMThe first one is molgera

I know that's like the easiest melody on here anyway, but I'd appreciate it if you don't give away answers like that...

EDIT: I will still be making this quiz out of 20 points, but everyone gets melody #1 as a free point.

mastersuperfan

Noc bruh

Can I join in

#15 is from Love Live School idol Festival

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 28, 2017, 08:24:20 PM#15 is from Love Live School idol Festival

How am I supposed to have these melody quizzes with people like you giving away all the answers lol

Yug_Guy

Hey I'm having a bit of trouble with some of the melodies, could someone tell me what they are?

Specifically, I need help with two #9's, a #9 large, a #6 w/extra dip, a #7, two #45's, and a large soda. I'd appreciate the help :)

Static

ThatHiddenCharacter

That seriously brightened my day! Well... night.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 28, 2017, 07:40:33 PM13- Katamari on the Rocks - Katamari Damacy
Geddit? Because you roll up the rim to win here in Canada!
3 people rolled this one up.
not the high-quality rip
dislike
Quote20- Flower Fields - Kirby's Epic Yarn (others were accepted too. i don't discriminate.)
7 people got this one. I don't like this one actually, it feels too carefree.
QuoteI don't like this one actually, it feels too carefree.
Quotefeels too carefree.
QuoteKirby's Epic Yarn
u wot
Quote23- Forest Maze - Super Mario RPG
there are many secrets in this game, many of which drive some peeps insane
4 people got this one. teehee
AGH FUCK

woohoo third place good job msf and yug

EDIT:
Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 28, 2017, 08:29:59 PMSpecifically, I need help with two #9's, a #9 large, a #6 w/extra dip, a #7, two #45's, and a large soda. I'd appreciate the help :)
Quote from: Static on June 28, 2017, 08:31:30 PMall of those are from the 7 Grand Dad series
it's time to  S T O P
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book