News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Done and done. Mael will go this Wednesday (August 9), and Noc, I've set you up to go on Saturday, August 19. (I'll determine your date for late September in the future.)

Make sure to check the schedule so that you all know when you're hosting.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

Should be Monday for most people.

WAH'S MELODY QUIZ NO.6

A few things about this quiz:
 - If there's a motif, I might want specifics (implying there is one, even though you don't necessarily know that).
 - There's one incredibly obscure melody in there, as there will be in all of the rest of my quizzes.
    - It does not follow regular difficulty order either.
 - As per usual, there is a bunch of Mario melodies.
 - Have fun.

I'll see some of you in the morning I guess.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

WaluigiTime64

4 people have submitted guesses.

The following melodies have not been guessed currently: 2, 12, 13
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

InsigTurtle

Whoops! Forgot to mention, results are out today!
Here!
There was absolutely no theme in this quiz. I don't know why anybody would ever suspect that.

This time, the winners are... Lat and MSF!

This was pretty fun to watch. At first, Dudeman had a higher score than MSF, but then MSF pulled ahead and matched Lat's score. And watching people having just the tiniest suspicion that the theme this time was ending themes? I wonder where such a misconception came from?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on June 10, 2017, 10:56:45 AM
#9 (1/12)
Ending Theme - Kirby's Adventure
Timestamp: 0:21
LeviR.Star guessed this correctly.
[close]

What

Literally the exact same part and I was the only new one to get it?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dekkadeci

Apparently, I sucked so much (with 1 correct song) that I didn't even appear on InsigTurtle's latest scoreboard despite having a number label there (824578).

WaluigiTime64

7 people have submitted guesses.

The following melodies have not been guessed currently: 2, 13

Of these two, one is the obscure melody. The other one is also an obscure melody, but from a notable game.

WaluigiTime64

Reminder to submit guesses in today, because I'll be posting answers very early tomorrow.

Stats are the same as above.

InsigTurtle

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 07, 2017, 06:12:09 PMApparently, I sucked so much (with 1 correct song) that I didn't even appear on InsigTurtle's latest scoreboard despite having a number label there (824578).
Oh, sorry about that! I must have forgotten to copy and paste it, because you were definitely on there before

mastersuperfan

I just finished transcribing and polishing up my next quiz and now I'm looking at the MUSX thinking "what the fuck have I just done"

Maelstrom

Mine's worse. The theme is "How to make everybody hate me."

Maelstrom

I accidently deleted half my quiz so it will be late coming out

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Well here we go I guess. Let's get the answers rolling. 7 people submitted guesses.

Hands-On Hall - Super Mario 3D World:

One of my favourites from 3D World's soundtrack, and hopefully this opinion is shared with the 2 people who guessed it.
[close]

Lady Cupid - Rhythm Heaven Fever:

Yeah so I guess I'm the only person who listens to the Rhythm Heaven Fever soundtrack religiously in-depth. Also I guess removing the middle voice might've screwed over some people.
[close]

Title Screen - Mega Man 4:

No, this wasn't because I like to be spiteful. I just picked this because it's a good underrated Mega Man title screen theme. Luckily that obvious 1 person got it.
[close]

Main Menu/Map - Hotel Mario:

HEY LUIGI! PLAY THE SAX.

Also 2 dank memers got this one.
[close]

Night Sakura of Dead Spirits - Touhou 13: Ten Desires:

Trying to confuse those few Touhou fans with this one, although I didn't suspect it would be hard for some of them. Well, only one of those participated, and only they got this one.
[close]

Fortree City - Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Versions:

Really this doesn't deserve a spot so high up in the difficulty, but I felt like picking a place with its own music that tends to be forgotten (or so I thought, if 4 people have anything to say about it).
[close]

And My Name's Booster - Super Mario RPG:

Have some good ol' SMRPG. 3 people got this one.
[close]

Yoshi Desert - Mario Kart: Super Circuit:

A difficult but not overly difficult Mario Kart melody (after W A R I O  G A L L E O N anything would've been fair but I felt like being nice to 3 people).
[close]

New-Age Retro Hippie - Earthbound:
Hippie Battle - Earthbound Beginnings:

Accepted either answer. I was kinda hoping to bamboozle people with this one, but 3 people are better than that.
[close]

Gruntilda's Lair - Banjo-Kazooie:

I picked a well-known song, just a less remembered section of it (as we do), but it was caught out by 3 people.
[close]

Sweden (Calm 3) - Minecraft:

brown bricks

Also this is a fairly well-known song and I expected more than 1 person to get it. Good nostalgia for me actually.
[close]

DK Isles (Crystal Caves) - Donkey Kong 64:

How to make people not get your melody:
 - Pick a less popular game.
 - Pick the latter section of a well-known motif from it.
 - Have an arrangement project of the game's soundtrack appear on the site. Something I still can't thank you guys enough for. Really, I don't deserve it.
 - ???
 - Profit.

Luckily Yug_Guy got it. Thank you, my good sir.
[close]

Great Edo Land - Chameleon Twist 2:

Yep. Here's the obscure one. I tried to be nice by picking one I have actually arranged (ages ago so that sheet is bad btw), but that didn't work lol. Listen to the song though, it's pretty great, like the rest of the game's soundtrack.
[close]

New Bark Town - Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal Versions:

A popular town theme. Again, with the less-popular section. 4 people got it anyway.
[close]

Main Theme - Pikmin:

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter15 Obviously Pikmin, but there's too many songs to go through.
Quote from: Yug_GuyAnd I know that #15 is based off of the Pikmin main theme, but I don't know what song specifically it is.
Quote from: mastersuperfan#15 is probably Pikmin something
really don't feel like looking for #15 at the moment
okay I just need to find #15 and I'll be satisfied
screw #15, I'm going to listen to Tooie music
Quote from: Static and WaluigiTime64S: #15: I know this is from Pikmin 2, but this is still just evil. I'll see if I can actually find the right track later. | wait a minute | wow | it | its just the map theme | gg | i expected it not to be so i searched everything but the map theme | well thats all i got for now | ill let you know if i find any more, but only like 2 others sound familiar rip
W: hey 2 would be alright
S: it would be lol
W: also when you say map theme which game are you referring to
S: 2
W: i'm pretty sure the motif is being used differently there
S: wait | hold on lemme check again | ok | yeah | in my head i heard it differently lol | ill keep searching | the rhythm is slightly different and its slower in world map compared to what you have | ill find it eventually
W: again the hint is you're overthinking it
S: hm
Quote from: Dudeman and WaluigiTime64W: Don't tell anyone else but you're the only person so far with #15 and I think that's absolutely hilarious.
D: Haaaaaaaaaa
How is that even possible
Even MSF was like "this sounds like Pikmin but I can't find it"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This didn't bamboozle a grand total of 1 person.
[close]

Air Man Stage - Mega Man 2:

It's in Smash 4, and from MM2, so I expected it to be somewhat known. 4 people got it.
[close]

Forest Frenzy - Donkey Kong Country:

A popular song from DKC. 2 people got it. Yug_Guy how did you not
[close]

Desert Hills - Mario Kart DS:

I'm not hugely fond of this song, but I think it's still pretty good. 5 people got it.
[close]

Title Screen - Sonic the Hedgehog:

If you remember one of THC's quizzes, you were fine, provided you didn't just know it already. 5 people got this one.
[close]

Yoshi's Island - Super Mario World:

So it should be obvious by this one that I flipped the layout of difficulty on this quiz. Unsurprisingly 6 people did get it.
[close]

And the Winner is...
MSF AND DUDEMAN!!!

With a score of 12/20. Nice work.
[close]

Everyone's Scores:
ThatHiddenCharacter: 1, 7, 18, 19, 20 [T=5]
mastersuperfan: 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 [T=12]
Static: 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 18, 19, 20 [T=8]
Dudeman: 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 [T=12]
Latios212: 6, 9, 18, 14, 20 [T=5]
Dekkadeci: 10, 16 [T=2]
Yug_Guy: 6, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 20 [T=7]
[close]

Guesses per Melody:
1: 2
2: 0
3: 1
4: 2
5: 1
6: 4
7: 3
8: 3
9: 3
10: 3
11: 1
12: 1
13: 0
14: 4
15: 1
16: 4
17: 2
18: 5
19: 5
20: 6
[close]

Thanks for playing.