News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country - "Cranky's Theme" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, April 28, 2017, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong Country
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Cranky's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on April 28, 2017, 03:35:07 PM
Quote from: Zeta on April 28, 2017, 03:33:04 PMLinks to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Easily one of the worst sheets on site. Blechh.
Agreed. Who even thought using a 4/16 time signature was a good idea?

Sebastian

More Donkey Kong Country. Yes!

As always, wonderful work. I just had a couple suggestions/questions:
- Is there a reason you left the tremolo out in M. 4? Maybe to give the right hand an easier transition to the melody?
- Same thing in M. 24. I just assume you left them out to make it easier. Having those two in makes it challenging. I assume that's why you left the tremolos out in the left hand?
- For all the Rare sheets we've been submitting (Banjo, DK, GoldenEye, etc.) we've been putting "Nintendo, Rare" instead of "Rare, Nintendo." I know that sounds really nit picky and stupid, but just thought I'd mention it. : P

But, yeah. Great work!
I'd love to see more DKC. ;)

Latios212

I'm not 100% sure which tremolos you're talking about in m. 4 and 24, but I did try to keep this sheet (relatively) simple and straightforward to play. But if you suggest a change, I'll be sure to take it into consideration! (sorry I'm a bit tired at the moment lol)

Hm, we should really standardize the copyright format sometime. I've updated that based on your suggestion.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

I agree with omitting the tremolo in bar four, but I think the one in bar 24 should be added. Bar 24 beat 2.5/3: change the right hand chord into a tremolo. I don't think it makes it any more difficult than it currently is and it stays true to the original. I also agree that it is pretty mellow, actually. The melody at the start reminds me of Anville Town from b/w. Good stuff!
innit

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2017, 07:01:14 PMI'm not 100% sure which tremolos you're talking about in m. 4 and 24, but I did try to keep this sheet (relatively) simple and straightforward to play. But if you suggest a change, I'll be sure to take it into consideration! (sorry I'm a bit tired at the moment lol)
Ah, that makes sense. Adding some of those would enhance the difficulty of those sections. With that, I think this sheet is good concerning those tremolos. : )

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2017, 07:01:14 PMHm, we should really standardize the copyright format sometime. I've updated that based on your suggestion.
Sweet! Yeah, it might be a good idea to standardize that. With my sheets I've been putting "Publisher, Developer, etc." in that order. Sometimes when the Publisher and Developer aren't available, we'll put the designer (For example, Undertale).

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on June 25, 2017, 02:02:52 PMAh, that makes sense. Adding some of those would enhance the difficulty of those sections. With that, I think this sheet is good concerning those tremolos. : )
Sweet! Yeah, it might be a good idea to standardize that. With my sheets I've been putting "Publisher, Developer, etc." in that order. Sometimes when the Publisher and Developer aren't available, we'll put the designer (For example, Undertale).
Thanks! Yeah hopefully soon we (the updaters) can have a chat to get that sorted out.

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on June 25, 2017, 01:41:17 PMI agree with omitting the tremolo in bar four, but I think the one in bar 24 should be added. Bar 24 beat 2.5/3: change the right hand chord into a tremolo. I don't think it makes it any more difficult than it currently is and it stays true to the original. I also agree that it is pretty mellow, actually. The melody at the start reminds me of Anville Town from b/w. Good stuff!
I wouldn't mind adding the tremolo in m. 24, actually. But I can't think of a good way to notate it.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Latios212 on June 25, 2017, 07:08:40 PMI wouldn't mind adding the tremolo in m. 24, actually. But I can't think of a good way to notate it.
how about with tremolo lines
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

I really don't like the way this looks. It just doesn't look right.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

I definitely agree with the gross and confusing look of that.

Latios212

Well, I got nothing else at the moment. The sheet's been updated with... that.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

This isn't conventional, but you could try writing them out as triple slash tremolos through the articulation menu instead of through TG tools so it looks like a roll. Or you could split the 1st one into two eighth note ones

Both options are still kinda gross though

Sebastian

It's not just notation that's an issue with that, but also playability. Those tremolos simply make it too hard.