News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Olimar12345's Big Band Arrangements

Started by Olimar12345, May 01, 2017, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Here are videos of three tunes I arranged. They were part of a CD recording session that took place in during the summer. I was very thankful and honored to be a part of the project.

Jubilife City

Love Like You

Emotion Sickness
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Just got the recordings back from our big band concert on 12/4, where we played my arrangement of "White" from Cave Story. It turned out alright:

White (Cave Story) for Big Band

Olimar12345

Here's the recording of my latest VGM big band arrangement, "Battle Against A Weird Opponent" from EarthBound. Recorded on 3/3/18

Battle Against A Weird Opponent (EarthBound) for Big Band

The Deku Trombonist

That's quite a happening chart! It must be pretty tough to get it sounding tight.

Loved the first solo section, it had a really cool feel (not to mention some nice pedals).
I really liked the build up to 4:05, I thought it worked well.
Nice work at 5:25! I was definitely getting some Dave Taylor vibes there.

Olimar12345

Hey, thanks! The chart really needs to sound as tight as possible to work, especially in the exposed sections. The recording wasn't perfect, but it was solid for a first performance, I think. Definitely have some cleaning up and fine-tuning to do. We'll perform it again in about a month, and at the rate we're going it should put this recording to shame.

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

OP updated. Since the last update, I've had two new additions: Wistful Wild from Pikmin 2, and the demo file for Gusty Garden from Super Mario Galaxy. Both are in the op.