News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

Started by SlowPokemon, June 06, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of these games' announcement?

I'm really excited!
I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm still undecided.
I think it sounds pretty stupid.
I'm angry about it.

E. Gadd Industries

Spoiler
USE ALL THE SPOILER TAGS!!!
[close]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

WOAH OKAY I probably shouldn't be freaking out about this next thing BUT

ARCHIE AND MAXIE HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL RSE DESIGNS

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEEEEAN
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Wow, this is pretty neat!

Quote from: Dudeman on November 02, 2017, 10:04:40 PMWOAH OKAY I probably shouldn't be freaking out about this next thing BUT

ARCHIE AND MAXIE HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL RSE DESIGNS

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEEEEAN
it means that oras sucked
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dude

SlowPokemon

Damn, goodbye POC representation I guess

It probably has to do with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being an "alternate world" — likely the world that the original Ruby and Sapphire took place in rather than the one Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire took place in. If you remember, the Delta Episode has some mildly meta explanations and includes references to another version of Hoenn, implied to be the original Ruby and Sapphire.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 03, 2017, 05:13:46 AMIt probably has to do with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being an "alternate world" — likely the world that the original Ruby and Sapphire took place in rather than the one Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire took place in. If you remember, the Delta Episode has some mildly meta explanations and includes references to another version of Hoenn, implied to be the original Ruby and Sapphire.
I've read on other forums that the Team Rainbow Rocket villains aren't necessarily from the parallel universes of the previous games. Some even say that the Team Rainbow Rocket villains are from parallel universes where they won (though many other posters disagree with them and find the "recruited in medias res" theory to be better).

It's even possible that every single Team Rainbow Rocket villain was pulled from a different parallel universe (so none of them come from the same universe).

BlackDragonSlayer

HEAVY Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Spoilers; commentary in bold
UB Adhesive is named Poipole (tee hee) and evolves into Naganadel (and changes type to Poison/Dragon) when it knows Dragon Pulse.
Poiple has base stats 67/73/67/73/67/73 (420)
Naganadel has base stats 73/73/73/127/73/121 (540)

For being an Ultra Beast, Naganadel seems fairly balanced, which might be a good thing, or might be a bad thing. Right now, it's looking like it might be really good with Choice Specs, but then again, may end up having to use Choice Scarf so it doesn't get outsped and OHKO'd by stuff like Choice Scarf Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam. Poison/Dragon seems like a good typing too, or at least a "fun" one. :P

UB Assembly is named Stakataka (katakatakatakakatakakatakakataka).
Base stats 61/131/211/53/101/13 (570)

D-d-d-d-daaaaang. While its HP is a little disappointing, this thing looks like the ultimate Trick Room user. Slap a Choice Band on it to take advantage of its already-really-good Attack stat, while give it an Assault Vest to get massive bulk all around. Might also be good as a Stealth Rocker... but then again, might not because it doesn't have Sturdy.

UB Burst is named Blacephalon.
Base stats 53/127/53/151/79/107 (570)

Choice Scarf. I think that's all that needs to be said here. Vulnerable to Sucker Punch/Pursuit (and Accelerock lol), but aside from that, I get the feeling that this thing is going to be meta-changing. It's basically like Xurkitree and Kartana had a baby.

There is a new Mythical Pokemon called Zeraora, Electric type.
Base stats 88/112/75/102/80/143 (600)

GOTTA. GO. FAST. This thing takes speed to a whole new level, contrary to pretty much the rest of the Gen 7 Pokemon. :P I just wish it had 10 points out of its Special Attack to its attack. It would be perfect then, but... then again, I don't think we want another Marshadow, do we?

ULTRA NECROZMA IS A THING and it's a Psychic/Dragon (HYPE) type and is super powerful. I believe it has to hold a special Z-Crystal (Ultranecrozium Z; what a mouthful), but... that's not a bad thing as far as I can tell.
Dusk Mane Necrozma has base stats 97/157/127/113/109/77 (680)
Dawn Wings Necrozma has base stats 97/113/109/157/127/77 (680)
Ultra Necrozma has base stats 97/167/97/167/97/129 (754)

Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings pretty much look like more interesting version of Solgaleo/Lunala, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Them being slower is not a good thing, as is the fact that you probably won't be able to use both of them on the same team... or on a similar note, with Ultra Necrozma... which will probably get banned to AG anyway.

Also new Lycanroc form base stats:
75/117/65/55/65/110 (487)

*tweet*
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

I suppose I can't really put this in spoilers: USUM have been leaked, and the data miners have grabbed everything from it. Ultra Beast names, new move tutors, the entire storyline, whether Tapu Koko ever learns Play Rough...

With that being said, BDS hasn't relayed everything, so here's stuff I've learned from the leaks:
Heavy USUM Spoilers--this assumes you've read BDS's spoiler
Poipole
  • It's apparently one of the choices for Starter Pokemon in its home parallel universe.

Naganadel
  • This guy learns Nasty Plot. It has somewhat crummy defences, but if you can force a switch...

Zeraora
  • The newest Mythical Pokemon has a new move called "Plasma Fists". It's a physical Electric attack with 100 BP, and it apparently "turns Normal attacks into Electric attacks" afterwards (the words it says afterwards sound like Ion Deluge to me).
  • Hilariously, its ability is Volt Absorb (so is its Hidden Ability), so the Ion Deluge-like effect of "Plasma Fists" might actually do something pretty useful. I've read one comment that it's "the world's (worst) spinblock(er)".

Ultra Necrozma
  • This is a form change, and only Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma, in both cases with Ultranecrozium Z equipped, can assume this form. Poor old regular Necrozma doesn't get to.
  • This form change occurs mid-battle, a la Mega Evolution.
  • Ultra Necrozma's ability is Neuroforce, which increases the power of its super-effective attacks an unknown amount. Even if we assume it's Expert Belt: the ability, that still rocks often enough.
  • It has a new Z-Move, "Light that Burns the Sky". It's a Psychic-type attack, it has 200 BP, and it's based on Photon Geyser. It has both the ability-ignoring effect of Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam and the attack-or-special-attack use of Photon Geyser. That Z-Move already reminds me of Ormagöden from Brütal Legend and how that god-beast is "Cremator of the Sky".
  • If you want what I've pieced together about the lore surrounding (Ultra) Necrozma, go read the storyline spoilers below.

Storyline
Yeah, it's like SM but with a twist
  • Necrozma is so dangerous that Lusamine tries to take it down (for selfish reasons).
  • Necrozma once showered the homeland of the Ultra Recon Squad (the Ultra Megalopolis) with light, but their ancestors apparently wanted even more of its power and made it "lose a part of its body" trying to extract said power. (Man, this sounds like Kyurem all over again.) Now Necrozma's in a wild rage, ravenously devouring any light it sees and pining for massive light sources. The Ultra Recon Squad imprisoned it in a tower in an attempt to restrain it, but that clearly isn't working out.
  • The "part of its body" that Necrozma lost apparently turned into sparkling stones that people refined into Z-Power Rings. It seems that an Ultranecrozium Z crystal in a Z-Power Ring is a good enough substitute for that missing body part that Necrozma can attain its light-producing Ultra Necrozma form again. Well, that form change is only temporary, so maybe Ultranecrozium Z crystals with Z-Power Rings are indeed poor substitutes...
  • Necrozma absorbs Nebby (Cosmoem evolves only into Solgaleo/Lunala confirmed) and becomes Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma. As Necrozma hungers greatly for light, Solgaleo/Lunala is apparently nearly completely under its control, constantly emitting light that Necrozma devours.
  • Necrozma eventually absorbs Nebby further and transforms into Ultra Necrozma. It's implied that Ultra Necrozma is the form Necrozma used to have before it lost that "part of its body".
  • Afterwards, Team Rainbow Rocket appears. Apparently, Ultra Necrozma made enough Ultra Wormholes to bring them into Alola (quite possibly by accident in Ultra Necrozma's point of view). With the possible exception of Ghetsis and Giovanni, this team is made of villainous team leaders who were recruited just as they won. Faba wants to join.
  • Yes, Nebby and Necrozma are separated after you meet Ultra Necrozma for the first time.
  • The Solagaleo/Lunala you ride belongs to the Ultra Recon Squad.
  • Colress makes the N-Solarizer (for making Dusk Mane Necrozma) and N-Lunarizer (for making Dawn Wings Necrozma). (Man, this sounds like Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White all over again.)
  • Ultra Beasts are painted in a more sympathetic light, only wanting to go home again. Scientists aim to calm them down instead of forcibly restrain them this time.
  • Necrozma is painted in a more sympathetic light later in the story, especially after it attains its Ultra Necrozma form. The player character is depicted as someone who can calm it down and provide it large amounts of light peacefully. The Ultra Recon Squad presents itself and Necrozma as beings who were separated from light and who shouldn't have been.
  • There's a hilarious story involving a trainer and his/her Guzzlord, "Mr. Glutton", if you delve into the story dump hard enough. Apparently, on their home planet (I'm not kidding--the trainer says "their planet"), Guzzlords eat garbage and toxic waste (along with anything else). Thank goodness, as their home planet is a dump with hideously poor air quality.
  • Totem Pokemon auras apparently originate from (past? Ultra?) Necrozma's light. Necrozma apparently dumped the auras in Alola when it visited in the past.
  • While stories in USUM tell of how Necrozma was banished by light, one character speculates that "maybe people were just giving it the light it needed". Or maybe people just couldn't recognize Ultra Necrozma as the same entity as pitch-black, plain old Necrozma or even the Necrozma appendages on Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma.
  • Based on everything I've read, my speculation is that Ultra Necrozma is based either on a supergiant star or a naked singularity. The emphasis on Necrozma being Ultra Necrozma(-like) in the past leans towards the supergiant interpretation, but the fact that Ultra Necrozma is playable and Ultra Necrozma's ability being Neuroforce instead of Prism Armor leans towards the naked singularity interpretation. (Think of Prism Armor as clothes/an event horizon and the missing body part as something that helps maintain a naked singularity.)
[close]

New Z-Moves
  • Mimikyu's new Z-Move is "Let's Play Forever". It uses Play Rough as a base, it's 190 BP, and it's a physical Fairy attack. That's pretty much it. Boo, I thought it would repair Mimikyu's Disguise or something funky. I think it contacts the opponent.

More Details About Previously Revealed Attacks
  • Mind Blown is 150 BP, a Fire-type special attack, and predictably rips out 50% (rounded up) of its user's maximum HP upon use. I have a feeling the user can KO itself to pull off this attack. Its Z-Move power is 200 BP.
  • Photon Geyser, besides being a coolio Psychic attack, has 100 BP. It hits the opponent's special defence regardless of whether it uses Necrozma's attack or special attack.

Movepool Changes
  • New mons with Sticky Web include Araquanid, Ribombee, and Slurpuff. Screw Galvantula, I'm using new Webs setters instead.
  • New mons with Strength Sap include Victreebel, Jumpluff, and the Oddish line. Jumpluff's gonna get annoying.
  • Sadly, there are no new Rapid Spinners.
  • Thanks to move tutors, a ton of things know Defog now. I'm the most excited about Landorus(-T), Tornadus(-T), Thundurus(-T), Rotom(-W/etc.), Tapu Koko, Altaria(-Mega), Hydreigon, Whimsicott, Klefki, Silvally, Florges, Blaziken(-Mega), Xerneas, Yveltal, and Lunala getting this move. Poison Heal Gliscor and Multiscale Dragonite also being able to learn Defog is neat.
  • Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu still don't learn any physical Fairy attacks. Auuuuugggghhhh...
  • Ultra Beast movepools are still rather shallow. Kartana is still the only Ultra Beast to learn Defog. Celesteela still doesn't get good recovery.
  • Well, Kartana does learn a speed-boosting move now: Tailwind. Fear the speed-boosting Kartana!
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on November 09, 2017, 03:36:05 PMWith that being said, BDS hasn't relayed everything, so here's stuff I've learned from the leaks:
Heavy USUM Spoilers--this assumes you've read BDS's spoiler
Poipole
  • It's apparently one of the choices for Starter Pokemon in its home parallel universe.

Naganadel
  • This guy learns Nasty Plot. It has somewhat crummy defences, but if you can force a switch...

Zeraora
  • The newest Mythical Pokemon has a new move called "Plasma Fists". It's a physical Electric attack with 100 BP, and it apparently "turns Normal attacks into Electric attacks" afterwards (the words it says afterwards sound like Ion Deluge to me).
  • Hilariously, its ability is Volt Absorb (so is its Hidden Ability), so the Ion Deluge-like effect of "Plasma Fists" might actually do something pretty useful. I've read one comment that it's "the world's (worst) spinblock(er)".

Ultra Necrozma
  • This is a form change, and only Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma, in both cases with Ultranecrozium Z equipped, can assume this form. Poor old regular Necrozma doesn't get to.
  • This form change occurs mid-battle, a la Mega Evolution.
  • Ultra Necrozma's ability is Neuroforce, which increases the power of its super-effective attacks an unknown amount. Even if we assume it's Expert Belt: the ability, that still rocks often enough.
  • It has a new Z-Move, "Light that Burns the Sky". It has 200 BP and it's based on Photon Geyser. It has both the ability-ignoring effect of Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam and the attack-or-special-attack use of Photon Geyser. That Z-Move already reminds me of Ormagöden from Brütal Legend and how that god-beast is "Cremator of the Sky".
  • If you want what I've pieced together about the lore surrounding (Ultra) Necrozma, go read the storyline spoilers below.

Storyline
Yeah, it's like SM but with a twist
  • Necrozma is so dangerous that Lusamine tries to take it down (for selfish reasons).
  • Necrozma once showered the homeland of the Ultra Recon Squad (the Ultra Megalopolis) with light, but their ancestors apparently wanted even more of its power and made it "lose a part of its body" trying to extract said power. (Man, this sounds like Kyurem all over again.) Now Necrozma's in a wild rage, ravenously devouring any light it sees and pining for massive light sources. The Ultra Recon Squad imprisoned it in a tower in an attempt to restrain it, but that clearly isn't working out.
  • The "part of its body" that Necrozma lost apparently turned into sparkling stones that people refined into Z-Power Rings. It seems that an Ultranecrozium Z crystal in a Z-Power Ring is a good enough substitute for that missing body part that Necrozma can attain its light-producing Ultra Necrozma form again. Well, that form change is only temporary, so maybe Ultranecrozium Z crystals with Z-Power Rings are indeed poor substitutes...
  • Necrozma absorbs Nebby (Cosmoem evolves only into Solgaleo/Lunala confirmed) and becomes Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma. As Necrozma hungers greatly for light, Solgaleo/Lunala is apparently nearly completely under its control, constantly emitting light that Necrozma devours.
  • Necrozma eventually absorbs Nebby further and transforms into Ultra Necrozma. It's implied that Ultra Necrozma is the form Necrozma used to have before it lost that "part of its body".
  • Afterwards, Team Rainbow Rocket appears. Apparently, Ultra Necrozma made enough Ultra Wormholes to bring them into Alola (quite possibly by accident in Ultra Necrozma's point of view). With the possible exception of Ghetsis and Giovanni, this team is made of villainous team leaders who were recruited just as they won. Faba wants to join.
  • Yes, Nebby and Necrozma are separated after you meet Ultra Necrozma for the first time.
  • The Solagaleo/Lunala you ride belongs to the Ultra Recon Squad.
  • Colress makes the N-Solarizer (for making Dusk Mane Necrozma) and N-Lunarizer (for making Dawn Wings Necrozma). (Man, this sounds like Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White all over again.)
  • Ultra Beasts are painted in a more sympathetic light, only wanting to go home again. Scientists aim to calm them down instead of forcibly restrain them this time.
  • Necrozma is painted in a more sympathetic light later in the story, especially after it attains its Ultra Necrozma form. The player character is depicted as someone who can calm it down and provide it large amounts of light peacefully. The Ultra Recon Squad presents itself and Necrozma as beings who were separated from light and who shouldn't have been.
  • There's a hilarious story involving a trainer and his/her Guzzlord, "Mr. Glutton", if you delve into the story dump hard enough. Apparently, on their home planet (I'm not kidding--the trainer says "their planet"), Guzzlords eat garbage and toxic waste (along with anything else). Thank goodness, as their home planet is a dump with hideously poor air quality.
  • Totem Pokemon auras apparently originate from (past? Ultra?) Necrozma's light. Necrozma apparently dumped the auras in Alola when it visited in the past.
  • While stories in USUM tell of how Necrozma was banished by light, one character speculates that "maybe people were just giving it the light it needed". Or maybe people just couldn't recognize Ultra Necrozma as the same entity as pitch-black, plain old Necrozma or even the Necrozma appendages on Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma.
  • Based on everything I've read, my speculation is that Ultra Necrozma is based either on a supergiant star or a naked singularity. The emphasis on Necrozma being Ultra Necrozma(-like) in the past leans towards the supergiant interpretation, but the fact that Ultra Necrozma is playable and Ultra Necrozma's ability being Neuroforce instead of Prism Armor leans towards the naked singularity interpretation. (Think of Prism Armor as clothes/an event horizon.)
[close]

New Z-Moves
  • Mimikyu's new Z-Move is "Let's Play Forever". It uses Play Rough as a base, it's 190 BP, and it's a physical Fairy attack. That's pretty much it. Boo, I thought it would repair Mimikyu's Disguise or something funky. I think it contacts the opponent.

More Details About Previously Revealed Attacks
  • Mind Blown is 150 BP, a Fire-type special attack, and predictably rips out 50% (rounded down) of its user's maximum HP upon use. I have a feeling the user can KO itself to pull off this attack. Its Z-Move power is 200 BP.
  • Photon Geyser, besides being a coolio Psychic attack, has 100 BP.

Movepool Changes
  • New mons with Sticky Web include Araquanid, Ribombee, and Slurpuff. Screw Galvantula, I'm using new Webs setters instead.
  • New mons with Strength Sap include Victreebel, Jumpluff, and the Oddish line. Jumpluff's gonna get annoying.
  • Sadly, there are no new Rapid Spinners.
  • Thanks to move tutors, a ton of things know Defog now. I'm the most excited about Landorus(-T), Tornadus(-T), Thundurus(-T), Rotom(-W/etc.), Tapu Koko, Altaria(-Mega), Hydreigon, Whimsicott, Klefki, Silvally, Florges, Blaziken(-Mega), Xerneas, Yveltal, and Lunala getting this move. Poison Heal Gliscor and Multiscale Dragonite also being able to learn Defog is neat.
  • Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu still don't learn any physical Fairy attacks. Auuuuugggghhhh...
  • Ultra Beast movepools are still rather shallow. Kartana is still the only Ultra Beast to learn Defog. Celesteela still doesn't get good recovery.
  • Well, Kartana does learn a speed-boosting move now: Tailwind. Fear the speed-boosting Kartana!
[close]

I only skimmed this because I know nothing about Pokémon. Turns out, it made no sense to me. Whaddaya know?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

K-NiGhT

Ok I'm feeling a little bamboozled because outside of a few gimmicks here and there this is the same damn game.

Went into this with next to no knowledge of the game, and they didn't even bother to change most of the dialogue. I feel like most other 3rd versions have done a better job of making it feel like a fresh experience but this is kinda dumb.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

Echo

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 22, 2017, 08:23:11 PMWent into this with next to no knowledge of the game, and they didn't even bother to change most of the dialogue. I feel like most other 3rd versions have done a better job of making it feel like a fresh experience but this is kinda dumb.

now you know to read up on things before you purchase em

First island felt decently changed up to me (speeding up the introduction and getting your starter faster is nice). But yeah, it's a fair criticism that most of the exciting stuff is saved for lategame.

Now, Yellow/Crystal I don't think felt that different. Emerald was more discreet because they distracted you with FRLG in between releases, but just like USUM most of the good stuff was near the end. Platinum made the pace of Gen 4 feel bearable so that's the best 3rd version. B2W2 were great but also GameFreak's biggest mistake because now everyone's gonna expect them to put as much effort in making a fresh experience as those games. But yeah, I can tell why you'd be unmotivated to progress through the game if you've already played Sun/Moon, since it hasn't even been a full year since the original games came out. I've only recommended getting this game to my friends that skipped Sun/Moon myself.

Now if anyone wants my take on how the new stuff will play out for multiplayer (probably not, but i'mma do it anyways)
Spoiler
Keeping this with Singles/Showdown in mind because I don't think anyone here plays VGC format.

Dusk Lycanroc: Better than the other forms, but still not great. Best way to look at it is a Mega-Aerodactyl without Ice Fang.
 The lesser Speed is pretty much irrelevant, what it really needed was more type coverage. Ability's a waste too because even though Tough Claws is good, Rock is one of the worst types to go with it until something has it with Head Smash.

Stakataka/UB Assembly: Just use Gigalith. Pretty much the same thing but gives a free Sandstorm

Blacephelon/UB Burst: Too overhyped from what I've seen. Not bad, but no Focus Blast sucks (what I think people forget is that it can't get Hidden Power Fighting either), so it plays like a Gengar that can't get past T-tar/Heatran. I don't see it being comparable to stuff like Greninja or Kartana (tutors did well for them), but seems fun.

Naganadel/UB Adhesive 2: Probably my favourite of the bunch, it's what I wish Dragalge could've been. Concept is solid, just nuke with boosted Draco Meteors, then use STAB Poison or a Fire move to take out any Fairy/Steel-types. It wishes it learned Earth Power for Heatran, but otherwise it got everything it needed so I can see this being really good.

Zeraora: It's a fast Electivire without Ice Punch or Earthquake. Before you get too excited about its Speed, just remember that Tapu Koko's not that much slower if you need an Electric-type on your team.

Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma: Let's be real here you're just gonna use these to transform into the next form. Being so slow gives no reason to use them over Lunala/Solgaleo. For some reason people think that Lion Necrozma has merit to compare to Solgaleo since it's less outclassed by it than Bat Necrozma is outclassed by Lunala, but that just shows how relatively bad Solgaleo is compared to the other big legendaries that you'd use these against.

Ultra Necrozma: Shout-out to the hardest in-game boss in the series. If you get stuck on this, Zoroark with Toxic's a good strategy because you'll trick it into using a Psychic move on you. Only thing I'll say about it is that Neuroforce is a mediocre ability for it because of its STABs (so Lycanroc with Tough Claws problem), but the Z-Move coming off of that attacking stat is crazy.
[close]

SlowPokemon

Omggg in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, apparently if you go to the Game Freak office holding a transferred Pokémon from the 3DS port of Pokémon Silver, the director says this:

"When we were having trouble fitting all the data in for Gold and Silver, and we were really in a pinch, this amazing guy came along and made a program for us that solved all our problems. He went on to become the amazing president of a real big company soon after that, too."

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 23, 2017, 07:51:58 AMOmggg in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, apparently if you go to the Game Freak office holding a transferred Pokémon from the 3DS port of Pokémon Silver, the director says this:

"When we were having trouble fitting all the data in for Gold and Silver, and we were really in a pinch, this amazing guy came along and made a program for us that solved all our problems. He went on to become the amazing president of a real big company soon after that, too."
I am this close to crying that's amazing :D
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dekkadeci

Echo, I've been on Showdown and Smogon for USUM and I'll have to disagree with some of those evaluations:
Spoiler
Stakataka: Gigalith doesn't learn Trick Room and doesn't have a nuke 150 BP STAB. Stakataka has both (well, Gyro Ball has 150 BP against a lot of opponents given Stakataka's rock-bottom speed). It's a bit of a one-trick pony, as it doesn't have enough bulk to set both Stealth Rock and Trick Room, and not getting recovery sucks, but it tears holes in teams significantly more easily than Gigalith does.

Naganadel: Loads of people on Smogon are screaming that it should be banned to Ubers. I keep consistently being in "Do Not Ban" camps, but I do agree that Naganadel is powerful.

Blacephalon: I think you're looking at it wrong, Echo. I think it's more like what Victini and Darmanitan always dreamed they could be (well, except Victini has better bulk)--an absolute Fire-type nuke with a high-BP STAB. 107 base speed, while a flawed speed tier, is still better than Victini's base 100 speed and Darmanitan's lower-than-that. Blacephalon's frail enough that I don't tend to think of the first use of Mind Blown as having drawbacks.

Dusk Lycanroc: Mega Aerodactyl wishes it had powerful priority. Dusk Lycanroc has that in Tough Claws-boosted Accelerock, so it has a fairly good niche right there.
[close]