News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Levi's Snippets of Gaming Trivia!

Started by LeviR.star, October 17, 2017, 07:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 21, 2017, 01:56:04 PMI mean, Sonic Mania was a thing, so it can't be all bad, right...?

Yes! Sonic Mania is a perfect example.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dude

Then Forces happened and look how that went.

Terribly.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dude on November 21, 2017, 02:25:39 PMThen Forces happened and look how that went.

Terribly.

Well, Forces was developed just by the Sonic Team. Then again, I think they received from fan inspiration for the customizable avatars.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Apologies; I needed a break from this...

Day 23

- customer loyalty program Club Nintendo was discontinued 3 months earlier in North America than all other regions
- Zelda's Adventure composer Mark Andrade additionally portrayed Gaspra during the games' cutscenes
- primary atagonist of the Bomberman series Bagura has been named as Buglear, Bagulaa, Bugler, Buglar, Buggler, Bugglar, Burglar, and even Bagular
- the "Minor Circuit" remix in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is an edited version of the rendition from Punch-Out!!(Wii)
- The Walt Disney Company's famous "Hidden Mickey" mark can be found embedded within the circuit board of the Mickey Mousecapade cartridge

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 27, 2017, 10:52:32 AM- the "Minor Circuit" remix in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is an edited version of the rendition from Punch-Out!!(Wii)
Hey!

Oh yeah!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Very sorry for the lateness; I've got a lot of tests in college & non-college courses this week. Enjoy some trivia, along with my own extra stuff in red! (You don't have to agree with it)

Day 24

- Wario's losing statement from Mario Party 2 is not, contrary to popular belief, "D'oh I missed!", but "So ein Mist!", German for "Such a crap!". But let's be honest; we like to believe it's the first one.
- Special Tee Shot started as a game of its own, but then evolved into Kirby's Dream Course; the former eventually saw a release as a Satellaview broadcast. Why am I always trivia-ing about the Satellaview?
- unused code within Mega Man II (Game Boy) shows that a standard "Stage Select" screen was initially planned for the second set of Robot Masters. But then the brilliant developers turned it into an Teleport System guessing game.
- the Nintendo Entertainment System cart of Metroid contains a NES-SNROM-0x PCB, typically used for the carts as battery backup. You still can't save, though. Have fun!
- the Family Computer System version of Gimmick! contains a unique sound chip within the cartridge that allows for 3 additional channels of sound. No wonder North America was too cheap to produce it.

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 05, 2017, 12:49:24 PMDay 24

- Wario's losing statement from Mario Party 2 is not, contrary to popular belief, "D'oh I missed!", but "So ein Mist!", German for "Such a crap!". But let's be honest; we like to believe it's the first one.
damn straight
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 05, 2017, 12:49:24 PM- the Family Computer System version of Gimmick! contains a unique sound chip within the cartridge that allows for 3 additional channels of sound. No wonder North America was too cheap to produce it.
Seems like it couldn't beat the Konami VRC6 chip's also 3 additional channels of sound--that's the one Castlevania III uses, the Shovel Knight series uses, and arrangers like coatlesscarl use.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 05, 2017, 10:46:50 PMSeems like it couldn't beat the Konami VRC6 chip's also 3 additional channels of sound--that's the one Castlevania III uses, the Shovel Knight series uses, and arrangers like coatlesscarl use.

Precisely.

LeviR.star

As you can see, for now on I'll be adding trivia here whenever I find enough I feel like it.

Day 25

- purchasing Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels through the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console service will cost 100 more points if purchased outside of Japan. It's fine, Japan; we didn't want your Super Mario Bros. ROM hack anyway...
- the Entertainment Software Rating Board, or the ESRB, was first established on September 16th, 1994. Nope, not Mortal Kombat's fault at all...
- Mega Man 3 (PC) was named as such rather than 2, even while being the second title on the MS-DOS platform; this was purely for promotional purposes, as 2, 3, and 4 had already been released on the Nintendo Entertainment System. No one knows why the first DOS game even got a sequel anyway.
- Space Invaders was the first video game to feature simultaneously playing music and sound effects. 4 different notes looping, but it's still music.
- Game & Watch Collection and its sequel were both released as Club Nintendo exclusives for the Nintendo DS. Those snobby club members...

LeviR.star

Day 26

- due to its gameplay's reliance on a built-in cartridge accelerometer, Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble is one of the only games in the Kirby series to not be released for digital download
- by licensing request of Namco, Fury of the Furries was rebranded by developer Kalisto as Pac-In-Time
- Star Fox Zero, released in 2016, was the first Star Fox title to be released on a home console in over 10 years
- a line of headphone adapters designed specifically for the Game Boy Advance SP were created after criticisms concerning the lack of a headphone jack arose
- in the Spanish version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Hooktail's gender pronouns were mistranslated, and thus reversed, from female to male

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 13, 2017, 06:58:46 PM- in the Spanish version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Hooktail's gender pronouns were mistranslated, and thus reversed, from female to male
And in the English, or at least NA, version, Cortez says "mi amigos" instead of "mis amigos" when going from Keelhaul Key to Rogueport.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter