We have a Discord. We have a Skype room. Can we resurrect the IRC?

Started by Dekudude, December 14, 2017, 12:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekudude

Hey all,

A few years back, NSM had an IRC room. It was really popular for a while, but she's dead now. Would there be any interest in resurrecting her? I know we have a Discord and and Skype room, but for those of us who use neither, a bumpin' IRC would be kind of cool.

Here is the information for the old server:

Server: irc.nfnet.org
Channel: #NinSheetMusic
TWG Channel: #NSMTWG

BlackDragonSlayer

I seem to recall there being a specific reason for not continuing to use it (I think people from other servers kept showing up or something? Or maybe just because of the existence of Discord?), and I'm not sure if many people would want to keep using it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

I don't see a problem with people using the IRC again, but at this point Discord has gotten so popular that I don't see it being used that often. That said, if someone wants to jumpstart the IRC, more power to them.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dekudude

I've got my IRC client set to automatically login there, so if anyone ever wants to drop by and say hi, it's very possible I'll be around unless I'm asleep or working.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 14, 2017, 10:02:10 AMThe Skype room is dead and has been for a few months now
It would be dead IF YOU PEOPLE DIDN'T KEEP POSTING IN IT RANDOMLY
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.