Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Minigame
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Beta

[attachment deleted by admin]

Beta

I've had this done for ages and finally got around to submitting it ::)

Olimar12345

Hey there Beta, nice to see you. Do you happen to have a YouTube link to this piece?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Beta

mikey

I can't hear all triplets in measure 20, to me it sounds more in line with how measure 24 looks
unmotivated

Beta

Quote from: mikey on January 12, 2018, 09:42:42 AMI can't hear all triplets in measure 20, to me it sounds more in line with how measure 24 looks

Something more like this?

Maelstrom

I ... uhhh .... may have got carried away
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9lkr6qqkvt3v0a/Minigame.mus?dl=1
Here's what I fixed:
Fanfare: swapped 1st and 2nd note of the RH triplet set in m1.
added F to RH chord

Intro: Redid how the voices were divided to give it a much fuller feel and make it fun to play. For the first half, I swapped the RH and LH. For the 2nd half, where the flute comes in, I put them back where they go, but added in the droning F in the LHto give the song more flavor. Also added a bit more room between the staves.

Section A: I straight up rewrote all the chords here. For one, the first hit of each measure is 100% a single F, and it doesn't move. I also beefed up a few chords to give it the nice omph it needs. Also, that offset chord is definitely an Eb major.

Section B: M19 RH - changed last note (c) to a d
Rewrote all the chords here

Ending: Rewrote this completely to not sound weird and kinda match up with the percussion of the original

General: Resized to 90%, redistributed measures and systems
Made the repeat work
Made the tempo mark from text into a dynamic

Latios212

Bump for arranger?

Also while I'm here, I think this would be better written in 12/16 with note durations halved.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Beta

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 04, 2018, 12:23:31 PMI ... uhhh .... may have got carried away
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9lkr6qqkvt3v0a/Minigame.mus?dl=1
Here's what I fixed:
Fanfare: swapped 1st and 2nd note of the RH triplet set in m1.
added F to RH chord

Intro: Redid how the voices were divided to give it a much fuller feel and make it fun to play. For the first half, I swapped the RH and LH. For the 2nd half, where the flute comes in, I put them back where they go, but added in the droning F in the LHto give the song more flavor. Also added a bit more room between the staves.

Section A: I straight up rewrote all the chords here. For one, the first hit of each measure is 100% a single F, and it doesn't move. I also beefed up a few chords to give it the nice omph it needs. Also, that offset chord is definitely an Eb major.

Section B: M19 RH - changed last note (c) to a d
Rewrote all the chords here

Ending: Rewrote this completely to not sound weird and kinda match up with the percussion of the original

General: Resized to 90%, redistributed measures and systems
Made the repeat work
Made the tempo mark from text into a dynamic

I felt all the changes greatly helped the piece, so this is the most current submitted version.
I credited you as a co-arranger, because your changes were pretty significant! Thank you for all the help!

Quote from: Latios212 on February 25, 2018, 06:50:35 PMBump for arranger?

Also while I'm here, I think this would be better written in 12/16 with note durations halved.

I only have Notepad, so I can't do much with the timing.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Beta on February 27, 2018, 03:38:02 PMI felt all the changes greatly helped the piece, so this is the most current submitted version.
I credited you as a co-arranger, because your changes were pretty significant! Thank you for all the help!
It's your arrangement. I don't need to be credited this much. If you want, you can write in a "special thanks" below the arranger name. That'd probably be more appropriate

Latios212

Quote from: Beta on February 27, 2018, 03:38:02 PMI only have Notepad, so I can't do much with the timing.
This was a comment about the best way to arrange the sheet, not about what changes you have to implement right now. We can help you do things that Notepad cannot, but we need to be on the same page first regarding how to write it out.

Take a moment to compare:

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

This song is in compound time - four strong beats in each measure, each subdivided into three. Both 12/8 and 12/16 do that. So what's the difference?
- Tempo. Having a beat of 160 per dotted quarter note is rather high.
- More importantly I think here is how the notes are being read - each group of three is beamed together in 12/16, as opposed to in 12/8 only when you have three eighths playing. If we look at the sheet in its current state, there's a lot of quarter-eighth rhythm mixed in with triplet eighths. These quarters and eighths are disconnected, which becomes particularly noteworthy in measures 3 and 4 where you have a slew of eight disjoint notes in the right hand - it's not immediately obvious where the beat lies. If you write this in 12/16, it is crystal clear where all the strong beats lie, and is easier to read and interpret correctly. 12/16 would also lead to a more uniform appearance on page 2 where the "jig" rhythm alternates with triplets - you'd still have each beat beamed together.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Beta

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 17, 2018, 01:14:53 PMIt's your arrangement. I don't need to be credited this much. If you want, you can write in a "special thanks" below the arranger name. That'd probably be more appropriate

Noted and changed!

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2018, 01:35:53 PMThis was a comment about the best way to arrange the sheet, not about what changes you have to implement right now. We can help you do things that Notepad cannot, but we need to be on the same page first regarding how to write it out.

Sorry, thanks for clarifying! If someone could alter the file to 12/16 time, that would be fantastic! I agree, it's much more uniform/clear that way.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Really nice. Few more small things and we'll be done here.

-Composer/arranger names and copyright info are not aligned.
-The second page title and page number aren't properly aligned for some reason... Did you import this from another software? Weird...
-RH measure 4 last note in the bar should be a third-space C.
-RH measure 6 E natural needs to be an Eb.
-RH measure 14 E natural needs to be an Eb.
-RH measure 18 E natural needs to be an Eb.
-LH measure 8 last note in the bar should be a C above the staff. The last rest also needs to be adjusted.
-LH measure 10 E natural needs to be an Eb.
-LH layer 1 measure 10 last note in the bar should be a C above the staff. I might even suggest that it be moved up an octave and put in the RH since the line continues in that register. Your call there.
-LH layer 2 measure 10 I would recommend raising those F's up an octave. The last one needs to be a second-space C btw.
-Any particular reason you changed the chord at the end of the bar in 14 (LH)? Beats three and four sound the same in the recording...

This file contains all of the changes listed above. Hope it helps
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9fi9w0ecjq528i/Minigame12345.mus?dl=1
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!