[ARCADE] Donkey Kong - "Music from Donkey Kong" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, February 12, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Scroll up on page 1 until you see the purple font
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

I am so done.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Sebastian

- M. 19: The last two notes should both be eighth notes.
- M. 20: I'd do C# instead of Db.
- M. 39 (LH): A courtesy accidental on the C would be great.
- M. 39 (RH): A courtesy accidental on the F would be great.
- The second-page title is slightly off alignment. Re-align that.
- Since these are all individual songs, they all need dynamics.

Nice work. That's all from me.

LeviR.star

Thanks for the feedback, Seb; I have fixed everything --

Quote from: Sebastian on May 08, 2018, 10:15:26 AM- Since these are all individual songs, they all need dynamics.

-- except this is the only one I feel I need to disagree with. There are 16 different songs in this compilation, and I feel that - even with the microcontroller of this game cabinet having no dynamic variety - the tone of the songs seem like they're all mf, and I'm not going to kid myself by trying to decide on a different marking for each. That makes 16 mf's, so if I'm going to include that many, why even bother? I'd just leave it up to the performer if it were my choice. Objections?

Sebastian

You make a good point, but since they're individual songs I would go ahead and indicate somewhere that they should all be mf. Maybe a note or something saying that they should all be mf.

LeviR.star

Done.

Once more: Is everyone sure what I have written for "Miss" is accurate?

Sebastian

It sounds right, but I will check it out again and slow it down to make certain.

Sebastian

LeviR.star

Latios212

Looks pretty good to me in a cursory pass, but I do have a few things to say about the last two.

- Is there a way we can write "Miss" without a 7/8 measure? It just seems a bit... odd... to sandwich it between two 4/4 measures like that. And it's not like the sixteenths follow a certain larger rhythmic pattern, so I'd have another thought about this one. (I'm tired at the moment and don't have a good answer to this.)
- At this speed, I don't feel like the presence of staccatos would have much of an effect on how a performer would play it. Totally fine if you want to keep them, though.
- Watch your beam positionings. Towards the end of the 16h note run the top stems are very short and the bottom stems are very long.

- "Bonus" is missing a time signature.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Ok, I took another listen, and it turns out I really was off. This is how I believe it should sound, but I'm not sure if it is how it should be written:

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Sebastian

That works, but not my preference. What would you think of one 13/8 measure? Thoughts?

Latios212

Oof, definitely would not write the last measure like that, the eighth note D seems like a pickup to three strong beats. You could have 5 measures of 3/8 followed by one of 4/4, but I feel like that arbitrarily draws a distinction between parts of the chromatic descent.

Seb, did you mean a long 15/8 measure? I may lean towards that, leaving all the 16th notes in one big blob since there's really not any rhythm to count.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle