TWG 100th Anniversary: Dinner and a Show - Postgame

Started by mikey, March 03, 2018, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Wow.  First of all, what a game.  Second of all, congratulations to the Human team for their comeback victory.  I had fun writing the story at first, but I ended it for bigger and better things (the whole thing was just a way to show the approach of monika).  If you want to know how the story would end without the presence of monika, a human victory would have led to ghosts=busted whereas the wolf victory allows the survivors to leave the mansion.  With that out of the way, let's look at the role reveal:
TWG 100: Dinner and a Show

Wolf team- as a team, the wolves may choose one player to kill each night.  Wins at parity.
1. Master Wolf- Each night, can send a PM to the host with the name of target player.  If that player is still alive, the Master Wolf receives a PM with the color of that player.  The Master wolf is seered green.-Rachel Scarlett von Karma, alias Bubbles
2. Wolf Cohort- Has no special powers.  Is seered red.-Miguel Antonio Del Rey, Captain of the USS Cleaver and Scourge of the East Sea, alias ThatHiddenCharacter
3. Wolf Cohort- Has no special powers.  Is seered red.-Lt. Kenji Higashi, alias raeko
4. Needy Wolf- If the needy wolf is the last wolf alive, the wolf team loses their wolf kill.  Is seered red.-Tarin Zapin, alias mastersuperfan

Human team- wins when all threats to the team are dead.
5. Seer- Each night, may send a PM to the host with the name of target player.  If that player is alive, receives a PM with the color of that player.  Is seered blue.-Natalie Marina Brady, alias SuperMarina
6. Brutal Human- If the brutal human is wolfkilled, one wolf at random is killed as well.  Is not told they are the Brutal Human.  Is seered blue.-Addison Gardiner, alias BrainyLucario
7. One-shot Reviver- Once per game, during a night phase, may send the host a PM with the name of a player.  If that player is dead, they will be revived at the beginning of the following night phase.  Is seered blue.-Olivier "Olimar" Martinez, alias E. Gadd Industries
8. Miller- is seered red.  Is not told they're the Miller.-Michael Buble, alias Dudeman
9. Traitor- counts for human numbers, but wins with the wolves.  Is seered red.-Tyler Henry Cormaci, alias TheZeldaPianist275
10. Sayori- is told she's a normal human.  Is seered Monika.-Sayori Ishizuka, alias Olimar12345
11. Vanilla Human- is seered green.-Skyler Brasher, alias FireArrow
12. Vanilla Human- is seered green.-Travis de Gillett, alias MaestroUGC
13. Vanilla Human- is seered green.-Gerik Paull, alias Charu
14. Vanilla Human- is seered green.-Zachary Sharpe, alias BlackDragonSlayer
15. Vanilla Human- is seered green.-Daniel Sharpe, alias Trasdegi
16. Khajiit- Begins the game with every item, but cannot use them.  Once each night (except for Night 1), may distribute a single item to target player by sending a PM to the host with that player's name.-Khajiit, alias Davy

Third Party- counts for numbers of neither team.
17. M̦̣͓̀ ̟̖Ò̦̦͖͔͖̜ ̡̱̲͓̞͔͖Ǹ͎̳̳͍͖̟ ̜̥̭͕̤ͅI̱͉̥ ̭̪K͇͕̺̭͞ ̫̹̘͇͍A̩̪͢- wins when it's just Monika.  Can't be wolf-killed.  Each night, may send the host a PM with the name of target player.  If that player is alive, becomes marked. Marked players are privately told they have been marked.  When the number of living marked players becomes greater than or equal to the number of living unmarked players, Monika may send a PM to the host containing the word "boom" to have all living marked players die.  Is seered literally every color except for red, purple, green, and blue.If wolves would win while Monika is still alive, Monika and the wolves both win.-Monika Candelaria/Just Monika, alias Lkjhgfdsa_77

Game Log
Night 1- Nobody is marked.  Davy is seered by SuperMarina.  Davy is seered by Bubbles.  Lkjhgfdsa_77 is targeted with a wolfing, but doesn't die.
Day 1- Davy is lynched.  He was Khajiit.
Night 2- FireArrow is marked.  FireArrow is seered by SuperMarina.  TheZeldaPianist is seered by Bubbles.  Trasdegi is wolfed.  E Gadd uses his revive then cancels it.
Day 2- Dudeman is lynched.  He was the miller.
Night 3- BlackDragonSlayer is marked.  BrainyLucario is seered by SuperMarina.  FireArrow is seered by Bubbles.  Olimar12345 is wolfed, causing monika to become self-aware.
Day 3- BrainyLucario claims seer with a red check on BlackDragonSlayer, who dies as a result.  He was a Vanilla Human.  At this point a night kill on any vanilla human would cause the human team to win as they would have 6 people voting with them, VS the 5 of the remaining humans.
Night 4- Monika starts to take over.  E. Gadd Industries is marked.  Bubbles is seered by SuperMarina.  MaestroUGC is seered by Bubbles.  BrainyLucario is wolfed, activating his brutal human power and killing raeko in the process.  TZP privately claims traitor to brainy.  E Gadd first uses his revive on brainy, which would have been sick, then switches over to davy.
Day 4- TZP goes on a rampage, claiming an orange check on FireArrow, when a seering of monika would actually return unicode/zalgo like sayori did.  Meanwhile, Bubbles privately claims to TZP.  They both lose precious time playing coy with each other.  TZP takes the hit and at this point it looks like humans finally have a chance.
Night 5- Monika completely takes over and the game falls out of my control.  Charu is marked.  Lkjhgfdsa_77 is seered by SuperMarina.  Charu is seered by bubbles.  SuperMarina is wolfed.  Davy comes back to life.  Davy gives the revolver to E Gadd.
Day 5- Lkjhgfdsa_77 is about to be lynched, and E Gadd bravely instakills bubbles with the revolver.  Both Monika and the Master Wolf die, and I get back to being the host.
Night 6- ThatHiddenCharacter, a wolf, is wolfed.  Davy gives FireArrow the knife.
Day 6- Mastersuperfan is insta'd and the game ends.  Human victory.
[close]

Player Profiles

<davy.chr>
You started talking about Khajiit a bit too soon, and due to time dilation, you were unable to defend yourself on day 1, which is really unfortunate.  I forgot to accomadate multiple time zones this game, which I'll change in the future.  However, you were revived and correctly identified the revolver to be the best item, without any information to go off of.  Good job!  You get the Best Guesser Award, because the only person to guess better than you was E Gadd and I don't hand out more than 1 award to a player.
[close]
<thathidden.chr>
People immediately wolf read you because of your jumpy behavior and your tendency to just rehash what others were saying.  Just act a little more confident in the future and these problems will probably go away.  Stylishly killing yourself is an interesting strategy.  You get the Jumping Spider Award, which is made of cardboard.
[close]
<brainylucario.chr>
Wow.  Okay, somehow you figured out you were the brutal without having any information to back it up, and made a gutsy play by posting something "private" in the public discord.  The wolves immediately jumped on this and almost killed you that night.  Fortunately for them and unfortunately for you, they didn't.  Now, claiming seer was the correct thing to do in my opinion.  However, you should have backed off the BDS train when you realized he couldn't be a wolf.  Simply saying you didn't truly have any red checks but you were pretty sure the game was in LYLO (lynch or lose) would have been better and probably led back to the THC lynch, which was waiting in the wings pretty much the entire game.  I can't give you an MVP award for your plays, because they were mostly awful, but it was a pivotal moment in the game, so I'm granting you the Earthshaker Award, for being the one willing to act as a catalyst for human victory, even if you didn't do much of the work yourself.
[close]
<supermarina.chr>
You played a really good seer game, even without factoring your relative inexperience.  Wolves didn't consider the possibility you were the seer until very late (though still before you claimed publicly).  It turns out your public claim was the right thing to do, as wolves decided you were more powerful than davy and that allowed the revolver to get through.  I'm giving you Power Role MVP for your tight play and well-placed seerings.
[close]
<olimar12345.chr>
You played moderately aggressively in the beginning-midgame, and as a result made yourself appear so towny that the wolves felt pressured to kill you.  Your reads were fairly accurate and you were willing to go to lengths to eliminate possible wolves.  Since angleshooting is a negative term, I'm going to give you the do wat i want Award!  You make me laugh sometimes.  Well played game, seriously.
[close]
<thezeldapianist.chr>
You played a pretty standard traitor game, minus the fact that you obviously weren't human from the beginning since your role PM didn't mention the possibility of you being a brutal human :P .  That being said, your fake claim was absolutely genius and took all of the pressure off a THC lynch.  You get the Look at me Award, an award exclusive to these types of roles!
[close]
<dudeman.chr>
Well, the fact that you were the miller made it seem like someone got a seering on you, but truthfully you got blamed for wolves buddying up to you.  Your reads weren't bad at all, either.  You get the Best Roleplayer Award, for playing an outstanding miller game without even realizing it.
[close]
<blackdragonslayer.chr>
Despite the fact that it was entirely out of your power, you got mislynched and that's something that rarely happens to you.  You're one of the most intellectual players on NSM, and this is reflected in your award: I Voted For Only Wolves!
[close]
<maestrougc.chr>
You nearly cost humans the game by voting on yourself.  Had they realized it and all been active, they could have insta'd you and regained tempo and control of the game.  Fortunately that didn't happen, and you absolutely redeemed yourself by coming back and feeding E Gadd's bubbles suspicion, indirectly aiding toward the final shot.  I grant you the Comeback Award, for players who display a dramatic reversal in gameplay.
[close]
<trasdegi.chr>
After looking at your posts, you had pretty good intuition and your background nature ended up getting you wolfed, which was their tactic for the early game (killing background characters).  For the sake of completeness, you get the Vanilla Award, for being the standard role-player wolf fodder that you were this game.  You also had some sick Monika edits :P
[close]
<raeko.chr>
You were initially suspected very early for saying something incredibly towny but not being specific enough.  The next day you came back with an amazing defense, and you were unfortunately picked as the random sacrifice to the brutal human's power.  It's hard to say whether or not you would have been lynched after that, so I'm tentatively giving you Wolf Right-Hand Man.
[close]
<egaddindustries.chr>
You started off REALLY, REALLY weak.  Like, weaker than THC weak.  This was entirely due to real life responsibilities, which you managed to juggle well, and then managed to discuss enough information with brainy to make the most important decisions for the human team.  Your incredible late game human play coupled with your raw instinct on the revolver shot means you get the Human MVP award.  Congratulations!
[close]
<mastersuperfan.chr>
You managed to stay in the background a fair bit, but like some players pointed out, the only time you were really confident was when you were saving a known wolf.  You sort of gave up at the end as well.  You get the Last Wolf Alive Award.
[close]
<lkjhgfdsa_77.chr>
You were inactive at the beginning and ended up... missing your mark.  Ehehehehe!  That was very funny.  Anyway, wolves got lucky and hit you night 1, so you didn't really need to do anything.  I was originally going to give you some kind of lack of effort award, but instead I'm going to give you the Sherlock Award for your close examination of Monika's posts.  The things you missed- the letter to Tyler Cormaci had capital letters spelling out MONIKA and the character chosen for chapter 6 is actually unicode row 6660 column 6.  The more you know!
[close]
<bubbles.chr>
I wanted to give you cutest wolf award for your constant referral to THC and MSF as your "lil wolf pups", but that's not a real award.  If you hadn't had a fever I'm almost certain you would have survived longer than any of the other wolves.  So I'm going to give you Wolf MVP.  Note that this was a close decision between you and raeko.
[close]
<firearrow.chr>
You came out swinging as usual.  I've noticed that you have quite an aggressive playstyle, and many of the dead players felt it was appropriate to give you the human mvp award.  If e gadd hadn't been absolutely fantastic, the coveted trophy very well could have been yours.  Your early reads were fairly accurate, though you tended to veer later in the game.  I'm giving you the Wolf Hunter Award for your aggressive search and destroy tactics.
[close]
<charu.chr>
You came in somewhere around midgame after a big fiasco involving rulebreakers.  You showed remarkable determination in the face of adversity and stuck to it even after realizing this wouldn't be your favorite game ever.  Some of your reads were pretty off, but that's okay.  You tried really hard to structure the humans into a cohesive wolfhunting unit, even if it didn't work very well.  I'm giving you the Temmy Award for your willingness to stay.
[close]

Hmmm, what else...

Oh!  Yeah!  I've calculated SIX awards promoting TWG excellence as part of TWG 100, and these awards (with runners-up) are going to be revealed in conjunction with the NSM Superlatives.  For those of you who earned one of these six prestigious awards, consider yourselves among the best in your respective categories.

I haven't been around for them all, but it's been a great 100 TWGs and I can't wait to see what NSM has in store for us TWGers.  Thank you all for 100 awesome adrenalin-filled games, and here's to many more.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperMarina

Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Charu

Olimar12345

Gj humans. Didn't see a chance of you guys winning for a while there, but you pulled through (I guess the wolves giving up helps too). Props to FA and E.gadd though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Well, that was a game. Good job everybody, man that was close. Also I can't tell if playing an outstanding Miller game is a joke because nobody ever knows they're the Miller until they're dead, but thanks for the award!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

That was probably the longest and best TWG game I've played in a while. Even though some people kept being bitter about my false read, I had a blast playing with you guys, Here's to 1,000 more TWG's!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

TheZeldaPianist275

Only now getting around to post my thoughts.  Good job hosting, Noc, I enjoyed that.

@Charu--obviously I wasn't going to say this during the game since you were agreeing with me, but I think your comments about how the seer should "never" play a certain way are a little misguided.  Brainy's move was the gutsiest thing anyone did all game, and while he could have executed it better (read: lynch someone other than a teammate) it made perfect sense for SuperMarina to float under the radar and let Brainy do his thing, since she knew exactly what was going on.

Noc, can we hear what the items would have done?  It sounds like not even Davy knew.  Even though he wasn't on my team, it would have been cool to see what they did to the proceedings.

My strategy for the game was just coast until the endgame, then when the water gets hot, go ham, confuse as many people as possible, draw out the human leaders, and get lynched.  I think I did a fairly good job with that, even if the seer claim was pretty transparent.  I will say, however, that it got pretty frustrating to only have one teammate trying to do anything (two if you count Lkj, I guess).  Seriously, just throwing in the towel like that at the end sucked to watch from the sidelines--even with Bubbles being shot, I think the wolves still should have been able to bag it.  THC and MSF, I'd really love it if you didn't do that again.

mikey

sure.  All items were instant.

Revolver- instakill
Knife- allowed you to track a player's actions the following night
Rope- prevented a player's actions the following night
Candlestick- seering
I don't remember exactly what the Lead Pipe and the Wrench did- they were written down at the time.  They were also less flavorful than the others.  I believe the lead pipe permanently changed a player's color and the wrench removed a player's vote.
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 06, 2018, 03:38:23 PMMy strategy for the game was just coast until the endgame, then when the water gets hot, go ham

This isn't a good strategy because the "coasting" part gives you away. If you're inactive and quiet most of the game, no one's gonna take your word over the peoples who have apperead to be actively trying to help town the entire game.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheZeldaPianist275

Coasting doesn't mean inactive and quiet! You said yourself during the game that basically every one of my posts brought something new to the table. Not everyone disbelieved me when I claimed seer.

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 06, 2018, 10:09:27 PMCoasting doesn't mean inactive and quiet! You said yourself during the game that basically every one of my posts brought something new to the table. Not everyone disbelieved me when I claimed seer.

I mostly mean talking in the discord, messaging people, and such. It was really obvious me and marina were constantly doing shit behind the scenes, so when you came out and said you were really the one chatting with brainy it seemed kind of iffy. Not saying you played poorly at all, but I think you may have been able to swing that lynch if you set a precedence for being seer instead of laying low!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber