News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Nintendo Direct March 8 Comments

Started by SlowPokemon, March 09, 2018, 06:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Most exciting game announcement?

Super Smash Bros.
WarioWare Gold
Dillon's Dead Heat-Breakers
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Adventure
Okami
Sushi Striker
No More Heroes
Captain Toad
Undertale
Crash Bandicoot
South Park (really?)
Luigi's Mansion

SlowPokemon

So Smash is obviously amazing, but I figured maybe some other users would like to talk about the other cool things announced (there were a LOT, in my opinion).

Oddly enough, my number one exciting announcement is actually the Luigi's Mansion remake for 3DS. That was the first game I got for GameCube and it's a personal favorite that I haven't touched in several years.

I'm also really pretty hyped for the Captain Toad ports, since that was imo the hands down best game on Wii U. It was one of those that the beginning was kind of iffy, but as you got into the more challenging things it became really fun. As odd as this sounds, I think I'm actually going to opt for the 3DS version rather than the Switch. I really do just enjoy the handheld gaming experience more (Switch is handheld, yes, but it's different).

I of all people am not really hyped for the Bowser's Inside Story remake, honestly. That's mostly because I'm a little irritated that they skipped over Partners in Time, which is really just a fantastic creepy adventure that I feel like even fans of the series overlook. Also, even though Bowser Jr. is one of my favorite characters, the Bowser Jr. mode looks like a rehash of the Bowser's Minions mode from the Superstar Saga remake. That mode wasn't bad exactly, but idk I don't want to play it again just for cute Bowser Jr. scenes. Of course, it won't be released until 2019, so by the time it rolls around I may feel ready, haha.

Also, Undertale on Switch, anyone? Hell yeah!

To be honest, I'm kind of amazed and excited for all this 3DS support this late in the console's lifetime. It's true that it's mainly remakes of other games, but damn they're first party and presumably high quality, right?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Did you really just create a nintendo direct poll and include the shit sushi game over the octo expansion
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I listed every new game announcement my dude

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 09, 2018, 07:02:24 AMI listed every new game announcement my dude

Incorrect. You're missing the Splatoon Octo Expansion, which is a newer game than undertale, Luigi's mansion, and South Park, to name a few. And if you're going to say that DLC doesn't count, you left out mario tennis, which isn't dlc.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I think he meant "new for the Switch". And I believe Mario Tennis was announced last year.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

^Um, several of those are 3DS games. Also he left out Dark Souls HD. And the Octo expansion is new for switch. It was arguably the second biggest announcement they made, second only to smash, and it's placement in the stream should have tipped that off.

Trasdegi

I saw some people arguing that the Undertale port is the biggest announcement, because they would port Game Maker Studio (Undertale's engine) to the switch, and a lot of games that use it could then be ported easily.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 09, 2018, 07:23:12 AMIncorrect. You're missing the Splatoon Octo Expansion, which is a newer game than undertale, Luigi's mansion, and South Park, to name a few. And if you're going to say that DLC doesn't count, you left out mario tennis, which isn't dlc.

Mario Tennis has been announced. I listed every game that was announced for 3DS and Switch that had not previously been announced for those consoles.

Olimar12345

...except for Octo Expansion. It hasn't been previously announced.

mikey

what kind of poll includes no splatoon news

biased
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

(sings wearily) "Octo Expansion is not a new gaaaaame it is just DLC"

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 09, 2018, 08:39:31 AM(sings wearily) "Octo Expansion is not a new gaaaaame it is just DLC"

"This full-on single-player adventure spans 80 missions starring Agent 8, a new character who awakens without her memories on a dark subway platform. Navigate this mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you'll finally be able to join multiplayer matches as an Octoling!"

More of a game right here than bullshit captain toad.

mikey

think of it like this

it mirrors normal splatoon content so well that it basically is a new game

This is like saying shovel knight plague of shadows is not a new game
unmotivated

mikey

PS the poll title says "most exciting announcement" not "most exciting arbitrary game I put up" so you should inlude splatoon DLC and Arms open
unmotivated