News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Nintendo Direct 3.8.2018 Discussion

Started by Olimar12345, March 09, 2018, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What were some of your favorite parts of the direct?

WarioWare Gold
Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
Detective Pikachu + amiibo
Luigi's Mansion
Kirby Star Allies
Okami HD
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Dark Souls Remastered + amiibo
Mario Tennis Aces
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Undertale
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
ARMS US & Canada Online Open PLUS ARMS Global Testpunch
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC PLUS ver 3.0
Super Smash Bros.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

I'm cautiously optimistic about Mario tennis, pretty hype for Kirby, looking forward to Zelda, crash, and smash Bros

Trainer Ave

Zelda Okami and Smash

Actually I'm kinda pissed about the new Zelda
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

I was like wait what zelda then remembered hyrule warriors was a thing
my hopes were lifted if only for a split second
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: Trainer Ave on March 09, 2018, 02:42:06 PMActually I'm kinda pissed about the new Zelda
First of all, not new, it's an enhanced port of the WiiU and 3DS versions, neither of which got as much love as they could have due to poor console sales and subpar hardware, respectively.
Secondly, what exactly is pissing you off? If you don't like the genre or concept then you've had a few years now to hate the idea and get over it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

that response seems kinda...
never mind
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I'm pissed bc I already bought all the dlc.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: Trainer Ave on March 09, 2018, 05:53:27 PMI'm pissed bc I already bought all the dlc.
Ah, that would explain it. Fair enough.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Luigi's Mansion!!! :D I can speedrun 100% it on the go now!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Trainer Ave

I want to talk about my expectations for smash. Let's begin with the obvious thing. There will be new characters (probably about 10-15 given the pattern Nintendo has been following.) Any of these characters would be good.
Mario & its sub-franchises
I don't really care too much about these but they'd be nice to see.
--Waluigi
--King K. Rool
--Ashley
Additionally I don't feel that having Mario & Dr. Mario in the roster is worth it. I feel that they could be combined into one spot like Olimar & Alph
[close]
The Legend of Zelda
So i want to see one new character and it would be cool if it were any one of these.
--Midna
--Skull Kid
--Impa
--Ghirahim
--Linkle
--Lana
--Darknut
--Hilda
--Toon Zelda/Tetra
Additionally I would like to see Link's moveset to be updated to reflect Breath of the Wild as well as Ganondorf's moveset to better reflect Hyrule Warriors rather than having him be a clone of Captain Falcon.
[close]
Fire Emblem
Yeah so I only have one character for Fire Emblem.
--Chrom
Also Marth and Lucina don't need to be two separate characters. They could be combined into one character slot like Olimar & Alph.
[close]
Pokemon
Any of these would be cool.
--Blaziken
--Blastoise
--Decidueye
--Gardevoir
[close]
Xenoblade Chronicles
--Rex & Pyra
[close]
Square Enix properties
--Crono
--Tifa
--Sephiroth
--Lightning
--Cecil
--Rydia
--Sora
--Kairi
[close]
Star Fox
--Krystal
--Slippy
[close]
Sonic
--Shadow
--Silver
--Tails
--Knuckles
--Amy
[close]
Kirby
--Bandanna Waddle Dee
[close]
Kid Icarus
--Magnus
--Viridi
--Medusa
--Hades
Pit and Dark Pit should be combined into one character slot like Olimar & Alph.
[close]
Metroid
--Ridley
--Dark Samus
[close]
Other
--Isaac (Golden Sun)
--Sammy (Advance Wars)
--a Fossil Fighters character (preferably not from Frontier)
--Takamaru
--Banjo & Kazooie
--any returning character that was taken out
--Ashley (Another Code/Trace Memory) (idfk)
--Jeanne (Bayonetta)
--Lloyd (Tales)
--Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
--Bomberman (Bomberman)
--Amaterasu (Okami)
--Nintendog (Nintendog)
--Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
--a Monster Hunter character
[close]
I honestly don't expect most of these but i'll get excited about any of them if they're revealed.
I'd also like to see the return of the Coin Launcher because Trophy Rush kinda sucked. I'd also love to see something like the Subspace Emissary. Also I'd love for All-Star to be divided into rounds based on franchise like it was in Brawl.

I'd like to hear you gys' thoughts.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

I'm expecting a roster size about halfway between Melee and Brawl, featuring a starting roster of far more current characters (I think that's why Pit is in the teaser). Sm4sh was a huge game and I loved it, but the series is teetering dangerously close to becoming bloated and overstuffed. Plus a lot of the character movesets are outdated, and with a new game in the series featuring, at the very least, the newest design of Link, I'd be very surprised and disappointed if Sakurai didn't want to completely overhaul several of the characters.

Also, in terms of announcing new fighters, I get the feeling each new challenger will have a trailer similar to the Splatoon one, with them doing their own thing before suddenly becoming aware of the Smash logo somewhere nearby. At the same time, the shadows will strategically fall on less and less characters, revealing more of the starting roster. Also, I hope the entire roster isn't revealed before the game comes out. It's a lot more fun to stumble across an incredible character that you had no idea was in the game.

Trainer Ave

I'd love having a large roster. I'm just really tired of clones.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

I think SS impa would be a great choice.  Zelda needs another character

Also, with the localization of Mother and its general popularity I could see them adding another character from the series, hopefully Jeff.

I feel like Sonic characters would always be clones so I'm opposed to additions there.  Ice Climbers coming back could be nice too, since they can't lean on the "3DS is weaksauce" argument.  I think Shovel Knight and Shantae have both been successful enough to deserve slots in 5mash as well.
unmotivated