News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Nine Lives' Arrangements

Started by NineLives, March 21, 2018, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NineLives

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 17, 2018, 04:13:07 PMI have a few suggestions (I'm only trying to help you):

- my computer blocked the PDF download to "Versus", saying that it detected a virus. While this may not be true, have you considered switching to Dropbox?
- you should really include all past arrangements in your original post, so that we can go back and check ones made before your latest sheet
- listening to the MIDI, I can tell you have a lot of wrong notes (from memory of my own arrangement of this). If you can try to tackle the above, we can get that taken care of

Again, I'm only trying to help you. But please, these suggestions will make things so much easier for us.
There's the Dropbox links then. For the past arrangements, I'll put 'em back after this sheet's sorted out. I'd like to focus just on this one for now.

LeviR.star

Ok, before we go any further, listen to that bass line in the original again, and fix any mistakes you find in your sheet. There's too many for me to list.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

NineLives

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 17, 2018, 07:21:01 PMOk, before we go any further, listen to that bass line in the original again, and fix any mistakes you find in your sheet. There's too many for me to list.
To be honest, I can only hear a couple of notes that were wrong and changed them. Other than that, I don't hear what you're hearin'. Is there a possibility that the reference in the YouTube is compressed in a way that it makes it come out wrong? I promise I listened to it along with making the sheet and I listened to the bass line on the slowest speed I could make it. Is it perhaps in a different key or something of that nature?

LeviR.star

Well, the most glaring error I can hear is the two LH eighth notes at the beginning of m. 1 - 8, which should be Cs, not Ds. If you use AudioStretch (Flash), you can raise the pitch of the song up an octave to hear the bass more clearly (I use it for that often).
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

NineLives

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 18, 2018, 07:52:11 AMWell, the most glaring error I can hear is the two LH eighth notes at the beginning of m. 1 - 8, which should be Cs, not Ds. If you use AudioStretch (Flash), you can raise the pitch of the song up an octave to hear the bass more clearly (I use it for that often).
All right. I changed the Ds to Cs and changed the sheet with what I heard from listening to the pitch shift.

NineLives

If anyone has any suggestions for this piece, just let me know. I wanted to bump this up on the list so I could possibly get some help on it.

Tomodachi Life
"Flashback 3" | Files

NineLives

It's a been a while, but I got another sheet ready. It's a bit more simple compared to my other arrangements. Hope y'all like Larry Laffer.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
"Theme Song" | Files

DonValentino

What?! Are there more games? Just who is this Larry guy?? I just saw like 5 min of this new Wet Dreams Don't Dry game and I couldn't believe something like that could exist, let alone more. Still, nice theme I guess! lol

NineLives

Quote from: DonValentino on July 06, 2019, 02:07:10 PMWhat?! Are there more games? Just who is this Larry guy?? I just saw like 5 min of this new Wet Dreams Don't Dry game and I couldn't believe something like that could exist, let alone more. Still, nice theme I guess! lol
Yeah, I think there are at least eleven games, with 3 not having the original creator on the team. The series is a bit of a hit and/or miss to most folks.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: NineLives on July 06, 2019, 08:28:29 PMYeah, I think there are at least eleven games, with 3 not having the original creator on the team. The series is a bit of a hit and/or miss to most folks.
Spoiler
[close]

DonValentino

Haha what a weird fella. I do like these kind of unusual ideas and characters.

NineLives

I thought I'd return to Chulip for another arrangement. I feel it's a bit of an underrated soundtrack. It's kind of weird, but in a good way.

Chulip
"Strictness of the Chitama Middle School Teachers" | Files

NineLives

Mario Kart has always had some great tunes, but I feel this one may be one of its best tracks (No pun intended). Very emotional, this piece.

Mario Kart 64
"Staff Roll" (Duet) | Files

NineLives

Well, I've arranged another Leisure Suit Larry tune. This one was pretty fun to make.

Leisure Suit Larry Goes Looking For Love (in Several Wrong Places)
"Kalalau's Love Song" | Files

NineLives

I've come to find that western games aren't too prominent in the videogame market. Red Dead Redemption is probably the most famous out of all of them. I, however, find Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist as a big game in that genre and one of its good points is its music. Here's one of my favorites from it:

Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
"Pharmacy Workbench" | Files