News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Striaton City" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, April 02, 2018, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Striaton City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Yo, awesome sheet! Don't know why this one hasn't been responded to yet.

A couple things:
- Any reason why the mp is so over to the left? If there is, keep it. If not, I'd recommend putting it directly under/above the first notes.
- M. 17 (beat 2; RH): I hear a harmony that you could add starting on the E (the first 16th note).

Nice work.

Latios212

Thanks!

Quote from: Sebastian on May 25, 2018, 06:50:07 AM- Any reason why the mp is so over to the left? If there is, keep it. If not, I'd recommend putting it directly under/above the first notes.
Yeah whoops I originally had it beamed differently and forgot to move the dynamic back. Fixed.

Quote from: Sebastian on May 25, 2018, 06:50:07 AM- M. 17 (beat 2; RH): I hear a harmony that you could add starting on the E (the first 16th note).
This was intentional to avoid quick parallel thirds.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Olimar12345

-About the missing sixteenth notes in measure 17: You should add those in even if you make them optional, it sounds weird without them. It isn't that hard to play; it certainly wouldn't be arrangement-breaking. Maybe make them small note heads and a note saying they're optional would do. It would be nice to at least have the option.
-I would highly recommend a D.C. in this piece, more than I would in other submissions, simply because it's a sight-reader's trap to see a repeat bar at the end and want to go back to measure 3 (where the tune starts). This piece is unique in that it repeats the two-bar introduction every time through, which the D.C. would greatly help address.
-You left out the pick up to the D.C. which makes the repeat seem weirdly abrupt. I would recommend adding that and at the least marking it "play on D.C. only" or something similar indicating that.

Everything else appears to be fine. Well done.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

All fair points. The thirds are fine to put in; I'd personally just ignore them when playing. Good point about the D.C. in this one; I can see how that'd add some clarity for this song in particular. And the pickup to the D.C. was an oversight that I forgot to add in.

Thanks for checking! Files updated.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta