News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

TWG CIII: Seerious Moonlight

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, April 03, 2018, 05:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mikey on April 04, 2018, 05:18:26 PMI bet everyone is either secretly town or secretly a wolf
THIS USER HAS BEEN MODKILLED FOR INAPPROPRIATE LEVELS OF SASS
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

wow my PoE is coming along very nicely already hopefully the wolves don't kill me before I've shared all my thoughts during the day phase!
unmotivated

Toby

i think there has been a general consensus to seer the player beneath you on the player list:

1. BrainyLucario
2. Maelstrom
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Dudeman
5. Trasdegi
6. Mikey
7. Davy
8. Toby
9. Olimar12345

if anyone is against this speak now or forever hold your piece. if not...

make sure to seer the player below you on the player list

Dudeman

I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure the general consensus is not seering the person below. I know Maelstrom, Olimar, and myself at the very least were more comfortable with random seerings tonight.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Wait, did I miss something? Last time I was in the chat I disagreed and convinced most of the players. I have stuff to do so I can't do a massive post, but this whole thing made it easier to use paintings and faked seerings to gimp it. If everyone else is for it, I guess I can go with it, but I'd like to hear more opinions besides you just stating this as fact.

Olimar12345

Posting to say that I have already shown and continue to show opposition to this idea of making our seer claims public on the grounds that it is basically letting the wolves set up a plan of action. I will not be participating in it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Toby

mikey

Well looks like that's not happening
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Unless you guys can do a better job convincing us that it wouldn't just be giving the wolves our seering targets :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trasdegi

I've read the thread, still catching up with the discord (450 messages left...)

I see multiple seers plans possible:

1. Everyone seers the same person: while it can allow the random seer to find out who he is, it's not a good plan because it tells us nothing for tomorrow's lynch.
2. Everyone seers the person below: while we would have 2 seerings on each person on d2, we still have nothing for d1. And 2 seerings isn't even enough, because if you count the random seer, the paintings and potential fake check claims, we still haven't any reliable information.
3. Everyone seer whoever they want: This option is the best IMO because it tells the wolves nothing to help them build a strategy, and we might get multiple checks on the same person without the wolves knowing who that person is and thus not being able to paint it. And it's the only option that might get us valuable info for d2.

So I'm against that seer-the-person-below thing, and I don't see that "general consensus" davy is speaking of either.

davy

How does seering whoever we want give us any information for the next day phase?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on April 05, 2018, 01:06:52 PMHow does seering whoever we want give us any information for the next day phase?
I'd argue that everybody seering the person below doesn't give us any information for the next day phase either. Like I said before, doing this is only meaningful if we do it again night 2. Otherwise we've just got a group of seering results that mean nothing because nobody was looked at by more than one person. If we all pick someone at random, the wolves and Andy don't have as much of an opportunity to paint strategically, and we might get two people to seer the same person, which is a lot more reliable than everybody getting a single result on everybody.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on April 05, 2018, 01:17:43 PMLike I said before, doing this is only meaningful if we do it again night 2. Otherwise we've just got a group of seering results that mean nothing because nobody was looked at by more than one person.

This is exactly what I am proposing. Seering the person below this phase and seering the person above next phase.

Quote from: Dudeman on April 05, 2018, 01:17:43 PMIf we all pick someone at random, the wolves and Andy don't have as much of an opportunity to paint strategically, and we might get two people to seer the same person, which is a lot more reliable than everybody getting a single result on everybody.

Paintings only last for one day phase. If we cover our bases and seer everyone, we'll know who was painted based on what players changed colors between the night phases. And the only thing that makes two players seering the same player is more reliable is if one of the seers is the random seers or if players are lying. The miller will still be red, painted players will still be painted and the blue wolf will still be blue no matter how many players seer them during the same phase.

I'm not saying that seering everyone does not have it's disadvantages, but I literally see no benifit to seer whoever we want. Our seering results are going to mean nothing if we can't deduce what players have been painted and the only way we can deduce that is by seering everyone.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Trasdegi

Quote from: davy on April 05, 2018, 01:41:42 PMIf we cover our bases and seer everyone, we'll know who was painted based on what players changed colors between the night phases.

Then the wolf and andy re-paint the same players both nights. Bam, nobody has changed color and we lost two nights for nothing.