News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Splatoon 2 - "Acid Hues" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, April 08, 2018, 09:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Acid Hues
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

I have a few weird issues with this arrangement, but have no idea how to fix them. Basically, the arrangement seems to be identical to the original when the original is slowed down. However, when the arrangement is played at full speed, it feels janky and unnatural. This probably stems from the original song's style, but it still bothers me. I'd like to hear what other people think, and if they have ideas. I will tentatively approve this, but I'd like multiple other people to chime in before it's accepted.

Latios212

Is there anything specific you think sounds off? Splatoon songs are inherently weird, but the arrangement seems pretty straightforward and faithful as it's going to get.

(Side note, though, listening to the playback for the intro, particularly the bassline rhythm, reminds me of Mario Kart DS!)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

It just sounds and looks like it would be unnatural to play on piano. I'm not sure how to fix it or if it even can be, but idk how to better put in words. I guess I'll let it pass for now because I don't know what to do about it honestly.

I approve of this sheet.

Latios212

Cool, just a few small things.

- Consider putting 5 systems on page 1 to free up a bit of space. There's ample unused room on page 3 for things to be pushed downwards to.
- The D flat at the end of measure 30 is uncomfortably close to the preceding note.
- Mind checking the chords in m. 47 and 51? I feel like they should be inverted upwards, as the original track sounds like it's ascending to me (similar to what m. 3 does).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 07:55:39 AM- Consider putting 5 systems on page 1 to free up a bit of space. There's ample unused room on page 3 for things to be pushed downwards to.
Considered.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 07:55:39 AM- The D flat at the end of measure 30 is uncomfortably close to the preceding note.
Also considered.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 07:55:39 AM- Mind checking the chords in m. 47 and 51? I feel like they should be inverted upwards, as the original track sounds like it's ascending to me (similar to what m. 3 does).
That chord is already ascending, it just happens to have a common tone between the two destinations.

Latios212

Cool, page layout's great.

The D flat still looks the same as it did before? :(

About the chord, I meant I imagined it having the top note in each ascend as well. But this is fine as is.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 08:17:25 AMThe D flat still looks the same as it did before? :(
That's probably because I didn't change anything about it.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 08:17:25 AMAbout the chord, I meant I imagined it having the top note in each ascend as well. But this is fine as is.
That's not what the recording does.

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 02, 2018, 08:22:06 AMThat's probably because I didn't change anything about it.
You could be a little clearer next time about what you're changing. You said the same thing for a thing you changed and a thing you didn't change. Anyway, why not give the accidental more space? It's not like there's not enough room to shift things over a tad.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

How incredibly negligible. Check the file now.

Latios212

I would appreciate it if you didn't belittle my feedback. I'm offering suggestions to help improve your sheet, which is why I'm reviewing it. I'm not forcing you to change anything, but the least you could do is clarify why you want to or don't want to write something the way it is.

Anyway, looks better now!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Meh, I guess I don't really care anymore. This good now or what?

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle