You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Ideas for new Zelda stories

Started by Trainer Ave, December 08, 2015, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

lol you used the words "is ruining" in conjunction with the CDi games

bruh please

But yeah, I think having a game that did revolve around Dark Link would be cool. I'm just saying there's not a lot of precedent or reason to do it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:08:46 PMi am not trying to ruin the series. That CDi crap is what's ruining the series. I'm just saying a story like this would be interesting and unique. Plus it would provide an origin story for Dark Link

ruinING those games came out 20 years ago lol

Trainer Ave

Ok since you guys clearly do not like my game based on dark link, how bout I present a new idea. These aren't really story suggestions so much as they are timeline fillers. How about a game set during the Hyrulean Civil War or one that takes place in Hyrule while Link is in Termina? How about a game between Skyward Sword and The Minish Cap? How about a game that takes place after Spirit Tracks?

And oh sure correct my english while you're at it. I'm sure your dying to
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

they're not correcting your english though D:
Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:17:57 PMHow about a game between Skyward Sword and The Minish Cap? How about a game that takes place after Spirit Tracks?
this is unlikely to happen seeing as the minish come from the sky
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

ok so no game between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap fine. How about any of the others?
And let me just be clear. I'm not a friggin idiot ok. I just want to see something new in the Zelda series that isn't a huge disappointment like Triforce heroes. Now before you start raging, I'm just saying I didn't like the game. If you like it, that's you and I don't care
Also just something I don't understand.
Why was Link in Soul Calibur II?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Well, nintendo is really at liberty to do whatever they want with the timeline.  I for one am fine with the "century has passed to explain all possible changes".  What I'd really like to do is (preferably with friends who are fellow zelda enthusiasts) go over all the lore given during zelda cutscenes and reconstruct the timeline with what we know.  Any excess information we'd put to the side and use to create possible insertions.  But from my knowledge of zelda there aren't any big loopholes with the official timeline and going into the future timeline additions become a real concern
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Regardless of how much i talk about the timeline I have two major issues with it.
1. Master Sword---was forged during the events of Skyward Sword and not during the imprisoning war as described in LTTP
2. Downfall Timeline----now how the heck does a noncannon event spark a cannon timeline?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:52:06 PMRegardless of how much i talk about the timeline I have two major issues with it.
1. Master Sword---was forged during the events of Skyward Sword and not during the imprisoning war as described in LTTP
Hm, it's been a while since I've done a link to the past.  Can you get a video of that cutscene?
Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:52:06 PM2. Downfall Timeline----now how the heck does a noncannon event spark a cannon timeline?
this one is simple - even though as the player of a game the game can't end with you just losing, as far as an actual story goes, it's entirely possible.  Picture the story as its own thing and the video games merely a possible interpretation told by one person.  But in their story, the good guy always wins right?  So whatever.  Defeated timeline is fine.
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

No sorry I cannot get a video until i actually do my LP of LTTP. Also where the heck did the Song of Storms come from in OOT. So you learn it as an adult from the man you teach it to as a child. To me that seems kind of....odd
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:32:48 PMAlso just something I don't understand.
Why was Link in Soul Calibur II?
Namco wanted to do something special since it was on the Gamecube, so Nintendo let them include Link as a playable character. This isn't unusual; Darth Vader was a secret character in SCIII, I believe.
Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:52:06 PMRegardless of how much i talk about the timeline I have two major issues with it.
...I don't recall the intro to ALttP saying that the Master Sword was forged during the imprisoning war, so I'll have to look into that. However, since ALttP takes place in the downfall timeline, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to say that when Link was killed, the Master Sword was lost with him, so a new one was forged during the events described in the intro. ALttP is the next game after OoT in that timeline, after all.
Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 05:52:06 PM2. Downfall Timeline----now how the heck does a noncannon event spark a cannon timeline?
This is something I'm okay with. If we can have two parallel timelines as a result of time travel, I don't think it's out of the question to have a timeline based on a universe where the hero fails. Of course, that does mean that any and all games can have a sequel where Link failed in the previous game, but I think that'd be an interesting concept to explore. Going back to the original topic's idea, I think it'd be cool to see a game centered around a new Link protagonist who has to defeat whatever evil has befallen the land after his predecessor, the guy whose legacy he was supposed to live up to, died. It'd be a cool way to explore the concept of being yourself and not worrying about your past.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

I hope they release the original legend of Zelda for the NES, but this time it's accidentally upside down in my front loading NES and the twist is you have to take it out and put it in upside down for it to work.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 10, 2015, 06:26:03 PMI hope they release the original legend of Zelda for the NES, but this time it's accidentally upside down in my front loading NES and the twist is you have to take it out and put it in upside down for it to work.
that would be genius

or like you put it in backwards and you start the game from the end and play to the beginning
unmotivated

Olimar12345

On a quest to return things that you took from people and places

Genius.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trainer Ave

Sounds odd but strangely fun. I haven't beat the original yet but that sounds really cool. I'm trying to beat the original by exploration alone and not Googling anything.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

EFitTrainr

If you're going about a Zelda game starting with a story, then you're definitely doing it wrong. Nintendo doesn't start a game with a story in mind- they start it with a gameplay idea. That's one of the reasons they don't generally come out with new IP in terms of characters. The multitude of universes they already have established can fit whatever they want it to. That's why there are so many Mario sports games. Mario characters can fit in pretty much anywhere. For more experimental stuff, They use characters like Kirby (such as Tilt 'n' Tumble, or Epic Yarn) Hell, Splatoon almost used Mario characters. I'm not saying this is always a good thing, such as with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. It was a boring cash-grab that used the Mario Bros. to sell itself.

tl;dr: Nintendo makes an idea for gameplay and runs with it from there.
I like food.