News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

DO WANT.

Started by SlowPokemon, July 21, 2011, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Yeahhhh I probably would put that $150 towards a decent pair of Senn's or AT-M50's. Unless you just want them for the silly look.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

I recommend Grado headphones if your are going for sound quality per dollar.

braix

I want m50s but my mom thinks the idea of having headphones is useless
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 09, 2014, 06:43:37 PMI recommend Grado headphones if your are going for sound quality per dollar.
I would definitely not blanket recommend Grado, they have a very unique signature that is only good for certain genres, and are far from a general 'all around'.

What does she want you to do, blast things from cheap speakers all night?

me irl
[close]

Ruto

$2-$10k seem a bit much for just cat ears on headphones XD couldn't you just attach on some for much less?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 09, 2014, 02:02:41 PMLooks like some weeaboo bs
The fact that it has external speakers going towards the price would make me think that the sound is compromised, plus the fact that it's made by some noname kids with no professional audio experience does not bode well

Yeah I was thinking that maybe the sound quality wouldn't be so good considering that we have to pay for the external speakers. However they got a truckload of money now so maybe they'll improve the quality somehow? They look really cool imho but I'm not sure I wanna pay that much without knowing if the sound quality is good or not D:

Quote from: Ruto on October 09, 2014, 07:09:29 PM$2-$10k seem a bit much for just cat ears on headphones XD couldn't you just attach on some for much less?

Who wouldn't pay 10k to get headphones with changing LED light colors and a custom paint job
Screw sound quality
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Waddle Bro

nothing like kefka's sunshine-filled comments towards fresh entrepreneurs

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 09, 2014, 04:17:06 PMYeahhhh I probably would put that $150 towards a decent pair of Senn's or AT-M50's. Unless you just want them for the silly look.
I have a nice pair of Sennheiser's HD 380 Pro headphones, but tbh they look silly and I don't like wearing them outside my home. I really love the look of these headphones tho

KefkaticFanatic

There's a difference between a startup originating from experienced people in industry vs some recent grads :P

With some software products it's definitely plausible, but someone is jumping into a highly saturated market without any of the r&d or even resources that *any* successful high end brand has had, that's when I think it's justified to be skeptical.

They could be magic makers and prove everyone wrong, but every 'fresh entrepreneur' success story in audio has come from some very talented and experienced engineers who show their specific expertise rather than spew out exclusively marketing fluff.

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

Tbh they've almost collected 500k instead of the 250k they were asking in just a day so I think they will have money to hire experienced people and prevent this from becoming shit

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 09, 2014, 07:01:02 PMI would definitely not blanket recommend Grado, they have a very unique signature that is only good for certain genres, and are far from a general 'all around'.
Let me be more specific. I have a pair of Grado Sr80i's and I haven't found a single thing they don't sound good for. I do use an eq a little, but it's pretty much the same for everything.

Ruto

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 10, 2014, 01:48:21 AMTbh they've almost collected 500k instead of the 250k they were asking in just a day so I think they will have money to hire experienced people and prevent this from becoming shit

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but then the chance of them failing to deliver the product is possible too...like all the failed kickstarters for games and still kept or blew all the money they raised :/ If you did fund them, you should find out who they are hiring, and make sure they're not just a bunch of random hipsters...

If they can pitch the idea to an established company to make the headphones for them, I think that would be better. They've probably raised enough money to be able to get the attention by raising the money so quickly. But I also suppose that the creators might not want to settle for their offers if they think they could make lots more by themselves XD

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 10, 2014, 05:21:46 AMLet me be more specific. I have a pair of Grado Sr80i's and I haven't found a single thing they don't sound good for. I do use an eq a little, but it's pretty much the same for everything.

>_>

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Maelstrom

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 19, 2014, 01:40:28 PM
I wouldn't mind having one of them....but I already have a N64. Btw it was the first console I ever got.

Olimar12345

Must you all quote the entire image just to comment on it? If you have to, reduce the quote like this:

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 19, 2014, 01:40:28 PMN64 pic

or put it in a spoiler.

But yeah, boss system mod rt.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!