News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Oh wait... I recognized the game for 11 and 14 and messaged you as such but neglected to go search for the actual titles. Oops :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bobbythekid21

333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

ShyYoshiGuy

Oh, Bobby and Inkling, glad you're considering participating. Ok, so uh, generally, there will be a Dropbox folder or something with files. In my case, they're MP3's. When it's anyone else, they will be MUS, MIDI, and PDF files. Listen to the files and identify the songs. You can guess however many or however few you'd like. Say you thought number #12 was Dire, Dire Docks (not sure why you'd guess that, that's pretty far off), you'd Forum PM the host (in this case, me) with your guess, something like "12. Super Mario 64 - Dire, Dire Docks". The format doesn't particularly matter though. You can guess in several waves if you'd like, but (at least with mine) you can only guess once for each melody. I really hope I explained that well. Feel free to ask questions if I didn't.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on March 01, 2019, 04:11:45 PMOh, Bobby and Inkling, glad you're considering participating. Ok, so uh, generally, there will be a Dropbox folder or something with files. In my case, they're MP3's. When it's anyone else, they will be MUS, MIDI, and PDF files. Listen to the files and identify the songs. You can guess however many or however few you'd like. Say you thought number #12 was Dire, Dire Docks (not sure why you'd guess that, that's pretty far off), you'd Forum PM the host (in this case, me) with your guess, something like "12. Super Mario 64 - Dire, Dire Docks". The format doesn't particularly matter though. You can guess in several waves if you'd like, but (at least with mine) you can only guess once for each melody. I really hope I explained that well. Feel free to ask questions if I didn't.
Nope, sounds pretty straightforward to me. 👍
Can't wait for the next one. Speaking of which... when is the next one?
Spoiler
[close]

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 01, 2019, 04:40:35 PMNope, sounds pretty straightforward to me. 👍
Can't wait for the next one. Speaking of which... when is the next one?

Tomorrow
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on March 01, 2019, 02:54:14 PMWhat can I say? I'm just a sly dog.
Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on March 01, 2019, 02:54:14 PMI know a certain someone that might have had something to say about this.
Hehe, I wonder who
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dekkadeci

Shoot, if I only remembered that I did play Big Brain Academy, I would have raided its OST for the answer to 14 because all I remembered was that 14 was from a brain-training video game I had played at one point.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 01, 2019, 04:46:27 PMShoot, if I only remembered that I did play Big Brain Academy, I would have raided its OST for the answer to 14 because all I remembered was that 14 was from a brain-training video game I had played at one point.
Ooh. Big Brain Academy is me and my mom's favorite brain training game.
Spoiler
[close]

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Bobbythekid21

Hosting one of these sounds fun too. I couldn't seem to find anything in the OP or next couple of pages on how to do that though. Also what host entails in the first place. (As in, what exactly the host does.)
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 01, 2019, 04:57:21 PMHosting one of these sounds fun too. I couldn't seem to find anything in the OP or next couple of pages on how to do that though. Also what host entails in the first place. (As in, what exactly the host does.)

I find myself partially unable to answer this because, well, I don't actually know how they do it. It appears they find the melodies they want from the existing sheets and put them all in one, but I honestly don't know. I'd tell you how I do it, but I'm not exactly sure if everyone is totally on board with my way yet. It's still in it's testing phase.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on March 01, 2019, 07:00:15 PMI find myself partially unable to answer this because, well, I don't actually know how they do it. It appears they find the melodies they want from the existing sheets and put them all in one, but I honestly don't know. I'd tell you how I do it, but I'm not exactly sure if everyone is totally on board with my way yet. It's still in it's testing phase.
Do you have to use songs that are on site?
Spoiler
[close]

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 01, 2019, 07:03:51 PMDo you have to use songs that are on site?

Yeah, that or the PA threads, unless you want to arrange the melodies on your own. (Again, I presume. I'm not exactly sure.)
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!