News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - Multiple Requests

Started by FireArrow, January 29, 2013, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

The base clef is very similar to the treble clef actually, so it shouldn't be too far off.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

sunnydelight18

That's what I originally thought, but then I thought maybe I was wrong since you said that the bass is so quiet. xD

It's actually quite prominent with my headphones, so it should be fairly easy. I guess I might end up with a fairly accurate version after all.

FireArrow

sunnydelight18

Merlee's Mansion ZIP

I apologize in advance for measures 29-34. I will continue to work on them and probably make a few minor adjustments, but I figured I'd go ahead and share it with you now so you can at least play around with the good parts. :)

FireArrow

spitllama

No feedback! >:-l What do you think this is? A supportive community?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FireArrow

Quote from: spitllama on July 03, 2013, 10:37:32 PMNo feedback! >:-l What do you think this is? A supportive community?

Yeah, I just don't wanna constantly bash sunny with "this is wrong, that is wrong." She's a great arranger and I don't wanna put out the wrong message.

sunnydelight18

No, it's fine. I strongly believe in constructive criticism.

And like I said, I do know some of what's wrong(I struggled a lot in the middle, as you could probably tell) and I will continue to work on it. I just knew I'd be busy for a few days and I wouldn't be able to work on it at all, and I figured at least the beginning wasn't too bad for you to play around with.

And if you can give me pointers, I'll be able to fix it up even easier and faster. :)

FireArrow

For learning reasons, I'm actually really happy your chose to arrange thing song because. First off, this is in A minor with a lot of chromatics. In case you don't know what a chromatic scale is, it's basically all the notes on the piano (only half steps.) So a chromatic scale starting on C would be all the notes in between that C and the on an octave up.

Anyways, the rule for notating this is: If your moving up in chromatic half steps, use sharps, if your moving down, use flats. This may conflict with the raised seventh stuff I told you earlier, so it's up to your judgment whether it's a chromatic half step or not (it gets a lot easier to decide the more theory you know.)

For the Time Signature, I don't think it's in 4/4. I'm not really sure, but it seems to be in phrases of 4 with a 2 beat "echo." So 6/4 or 4/4 followed by 2/4? I'm not really sure.

For the first measure, the base clef starts an octave down and moves in contrary motion to the melody, from there, I can't tell you exactly what it does, but I do know it isn't the same as the melody (just somewhat similar at times.)

You seem to be working on wrong notes, so I'm gonna let you do that.

Ugh, this ended up a lot longer then I wanted it...

sunnydelight18

Okay, that should be easy enough to fix.

I wasn't too sure on the timing, either. I tried a few different things and 4/4 seemed to work the best. I'll look into that a little more, though.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastian

FireArrow

Holy crap my grammar in the above paragraph is terrible...

Sebastian