Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 24, 2014, 01:36:26 PMWhy don't you tell us, mr. multi-prom
Well you all know about the first one
the second one is at MY school and it's with the girl I mentioned way earlier...  So I feel like it might be a little bit awkward.  The whole idea was my mom's, not mine.  Taking your friends to prom just seems weird >.>
unmotivated

Ruto

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 23, 2014, 10:16:35 PMSo, quick update on this situation, without all of the boring details.
1. We're dating now
2. She's even more amazing than I thought
3. Life is good
4. her roommates need to learn to knock

Heyyyy TMI D:

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 24, 2014, 08:03:15 AMNSM IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE MUSLIM TERRORIST HEAVEN. FULL OF VIRGINS.

COME ON YOU GUYS, QUIT RUINING THIS PLACE WITH YOUR PERFECT GENES AND IMPECCABLE SEXUAL CHARMS. FOR SHAME!

Lol but we're none of us perfect :P Also I can't say much about myself in this thread for a good reason but I can always try to be unhelpful. I actually don't have that much experience in dating, I'm just older than you guys so I can tell you stuff you're doing wrong.

One thing I can comment on is that I really like guys that are interesting to talk to and that I can learn stuff from. So I guess that means guys need to offer more than cuteness, cuddliness, good looks, love, money...hahaha XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Kman96

I miss being sexually provocative on here...granted, my love life is going nowhere.

That girl I made out with this past summer will be going to the conference again this year, so if I'm lucky, I might be able to hook up with her again...well, not "hook up," per-say, but...yeah...

There are several girls here that I would love to date, but being a senior makes it practically impossible. Practically as in, attempting it would be useless, because I'm leaving for college in the fall, so why bother getting into a new relationship with someone back home, when I'm going to be living the next four plus years somewhere else? My emotions are all over the place at the moment, but my heart has latched onto a few girls that I know I'm going to miss when I leave.

Does anyone have some suggestions? I was thinking of just talking to them about it near the end of school, but what good would that really do? I'd just let them know that I am attracted to them, or I have feelings for them, but what would the point be? I don't know. Any advice, peeps?

Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

Better to love and lose than never to have loved at all. Of course you could always just say "nah" and wait for college. Though the odds of meeting people in college is, like, zero.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Kman, think of it this way: if things go awry, you may never be obligated to see those people ever again. If they go well, the people should understand the fact that you're leaving, like, really soon, and they probably shouldn't expect anything long-term. Just be open about your intentions, whatever they are, and if you fail, you get a fresh start in a couple months :P

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 24, 2014, 06:55:00 PMThough the odds of meeting people in college is, like, zero.

It took me a few seconds to realize who was saying this hahahahahaha

SlowPokemon

Advice: go homo or go home
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

I did once, but most men can't handle 100% unfiltered Maestro.

Most women can't either, but they have the boobs so I try to make more of an effort.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Maestro filters: the #1 selling sex-related product in the continental US

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 24, 2014, 07:19:49 PMAdvice: go homo or go home
Well, I'm already at home, so....

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 24, 2014, 06:55:00 PMBetter to love and lose than never to have loved at all. Of course you could always just say "nah" and wait for college. Though the odds of meeting people in college is, like, zero.
Oh, I have definitely loved and lost. I won't lie, I did kind of expect to meet a girl in college, but of course, it's always a gamble.

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 24, 2014, 07:08:54 PMKman, think of it this way: if things go awry, you may never be obligated to see those people ever again. If they go well, the people should understand the fact that you're leaving, like, really soon, and they probably shouldn't expect anything long-term. Just be open about your intentions, whatever they are, and if you fail, you get a fresh start in a couple months :P
The thing is, Fierce, that while I had my little moment last summer where I made out with a total stranger, I can't date someone without the honest intention of wanting to see it go further. That's what dating is for me; I'm not saying I intend to marry the girl(s) I date, but instead to get an idea of what I want from a relationship. And that's the thing. these girls aren't girls I could just date for a few months and then leave at the drop of a hat. I want to give them an honest chance. I thought that way about the girl I had a crush on in November. We made out a couple of times, and had a bit of a fling going on for several weeks, but I ended it abruptly because I knew it wouldn't end well. Granted, we're polar opposites morally, and 87% of the time we can't stand each other's presence, so its a wonder how we became attracted to one another in the first place.

I just don't know what to do about those other girls who I'll never get a chance to be with.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Party Hard!
[close]

spitllama

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 24, 2014, 07:27:06 PMmost men can't handle 100% unfiltered Maestro.

Use a condom.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Waddle Bro

FierceDeity

Quote from: Kman96 on April 24, 2014, 07:55:36 PMOh, I have definitely loved and lost. I won't lie, I did kind of expect to meet a girl in college, but of course, it's always a gamble.

Trust me. If there's a time where you're likely to meet someone, it's college. You'll be surprised at how much more you connect with your friends/relationships at college than in high school, because there are (typically) so many more people to "choose" from. In my experience, at least, I thought of some people as my friends and as potential love interests because I spent so much time with them on a daily basis, and so it was really familiarity over everything. But now that I'm almost entirely in control of who I spend my time with, I realize how immature or incompatible a lot of the people I used to spend time with are. It's much less of a "gamble" than in high school, because a lot more people are looking, and there aren't all those pubescent hormones and underdeveloped frontal lobes (or whatever) getting in the way.

Quote from: Kman96 on April 24, 2014, 07:55:36 PMThe thing is, Fierce, that while I had my little moment last summer where I made out with a total stranger, I can't date someone without the honest intention of wanting to see it go further. That's what dating is for me; I'm not saying I intend to marry the girl(s) I date, but instead to get an idea of what I want from a relationship.

No yeah, I totally understand you. I'm the same way. I was just saying to be honest about your intentions, whatever they are. You'd be surprised at how satisfying (and no I don't mean that kind of satisfying) a relationship can be even if you know it has to end soon. There was this girl at the camp I went to this summer who I only met during my second week of our two-week stay, but we may as well have been "dating". It's not like I only enjoyed it for the physical aspect of the relationship, I truly enjoyed spending that time with her, even though after camp she went back to Brazil, and I may never see her again (though she might be going to college in my area next year, but I didn't know that at the time, haha). The point is, it can still be an emotionally fulfilling experience.

I definitely wouldn't recommend starting anything with somebody if they'd want a long distance relationship throughout the year, because I have honestly yet to see such a relationship not die out (in a blaze of hurt feelings) within the first year. But, if you're truly interested in them, I see nothing wrong with an arrangement like "If we get back over break and neither of us is still seeing somebody, pick it back up", if you were both okay with it (and I do know people who've had this arrangement work). Really, my advice boils down to this: do whatever you want as long as you're respecting the other person's wishes (and would ultimately be okay with it yourself), and whatever happens happens.

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 24, 2014, 07:19:49 PMAdvice: go homo or go home yo
somewhat fixed but it kinda sounds lame

I tired

Dude

got tinder

matched up with 2 people.

what do i do now ????

My heart is racing so hard right now i can't do this