News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Super Mario Maker Topic

Started by Latios212, September 11, 2015, 05:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Mole

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 12, 2015, 01:13:33 PMHere we go guys, curso número tres. (Course number three, for you non Spanish speakers.) The hardest and best one I've made. It uses probably 1 thing from each set of updates except for tracks. Hope you enjoy!
DCA6-0000-0025-57FF
Are you familiar with the video game piano channel on YouTube called Thomandy/Thomas Anderson? He did a livestream (his first one) of Super Mario Maker and I got him to play yours (since I don't have the game and had no levels of my own to offer) :P

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Magic Mole on September 12, 2015, 08:24:49 PMAre you familiar with the video game piano channel on YouTube called Thomandy/Thomas Anderson? He did a livestream (his first one) of Super Mario Maker and I got him to play yours (since I don't have the game and had no levels of my own to offer) :P
That's awesome! I want to find this! Where is this livestream (well duh, I know it isn't live anymore)? Or does it not show up on YouTube yet?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Magic Mole

Look's like he's uploaded it already!
I'd say 2:11:45 is a good starting point if you want to watch him play your level :)

TheMarioPianist

Aww, too bad he didn't beat it! Oh well. I was really rooting for him! Note to self: don't make a lot of levels with perfect jumps, note blocks, and trampolines. People hate them. A lot.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

For anyone who either doesn't have the game or wants to see the whole level, check it out here! Sorry in advance for my terrible video quality! XD

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Finally got around to creating an actual level. If you can beat it, I will give you imaginary cookies!

823A-0000-004D-7C39
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dude

Dude

Ok this time it's actually good lol

8CEB-0000-0050-F90F

Jamaha

34A7-0000-0030-FA4F (Don't Stop! Act on Instinct!)
CEDD-0000-0037-F416 (Synchronized Swimming)
3E9C-0000-0050-D4E7 (Stomp the Thwomps)

TheDreamingHawk

Why not, I suppose I could post more of my level ID's here and with a brief description. Here they are in order.

King Vs King: 7ACD-0000-001A-CF86, a simple level of sorts that I made when I had barely anything to use except some amiibo costumes and a few hazards. Nothing special honestly.

Big Mario Challenge: 109C-0000-001A-DFF5, a level I made around the big mushroom from the amiibo, a puzzle level of sorts where you have to find the perfect time to discard the mushroom or find a way to the exit. Not many people completed this one.

Greninja's Water Obstacle Course: 7662-0000-001B-96D0, which is another simple level that's just what the title says it is. I liked it a little better than King VS King at least.

Bowser's Underground Base: 9CCF-0000-0023-AB82, which I made after getting the SMB3 style. Again, just a short challenge level.

Mega Man's Block Challenge: 4FDD-0000-0029-900A A Mega Man style level I made, nothing special honestly

Temporal Tower: 8041-0000-0031-D9ED My absolute favorite of my levels so far, being based off of the dungeon from PMD2. Ironically despite it being my least favorite game in the PMD series I still like the dungeon a lot so I made a level based around it. Escape from the tower!

Mega Man II GB Wily Stage: 9083-0000-0048-1E3E Another recreation, this time of the final stage in GB MMII, with unneeded screens removed to make it flow better.

Mega Man and Bass Robot Museum: 7B82-0000-0059-72F6 A recreation of the first stage from Mega Man and Bass to the best of my ability. Made it rather challenging and actually ran out of blocks to use so I had to make a compromise at the end.

So those are my levels. Nothing too special but I do hope some of you try them regardless.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

WandringMinstrel

I've made it my goal to recreate Mega Man 2 in Super Mario Maker.

My current progress:

Metal Man Stage: 9F9F-0000-0037-4B96
Bubble Man Stage: 0264-0000-004A-BBEB
Air Man Stage: 93E8-0000-0077-572D
Crash Man Stage: 667C- 0000-007D-9711

Heat Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, and Wood Man are under construction. I might do the Wily Castle stages, but I might not.

BONUS: I love the new music Koji Kondo wrote for the Ghost House and Airship levels in SMB1, so I threw together some quick arrangements!
Dropbox
Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on September 20, 2015, 03:16:44 PMWhy not, I suppose I could post more of my level ID's here and with a brief description. Here they are in order.

King Vs King: 7ACD-0000-001A-CF86, a simple level of sorts that I made when I had barely anything to use except some amiibo costumes and a few hazards. Nothing special honestly.

Big Mario Challenge: 109C-0000-001A-DFF5, a level I made around the big mushroom from the amiibo, a puzzle level of sorts where you have to find the perfect time to discard the mushroom or find a way to the exit. Not many people completed this one.

Greninja's Water Obstacle Course: 7662-0000-001B-96D0, which is another simple level that's just what the title says it is. I liked it a little better than King VS King at least.

Bowser's Underground Base: 9CCF-0000-0023-AB82, which I made after getting the SMB3 style. Again, just a short challenge level.

Mega Man's Block Challenge: 4FDD-0000-0029-900A A Mega Man style level I made, nothing special honestly

Temporal Tower: 8041-0000-0031-D9ED My absolute favorite of my levels so far, being based off of the dungeon from PMD2. Ironically despite it being my least favorite game in the PMD series I still like the dungeon a lot so I made a level based around it. Escape from the tower!

Mega Man II GB Wily Stage: 9083-0000-0048-1E3E Another recreation, this time of the final stage in GB MMII, with unneeded screens removed to make it flow better.

Mega Man and Bass Robot Museum: 7B82-0000-0059-72F6 A recreation of the first stage from Mega Man and Bass to the best of my ability. Made it rather challenging and actually ran out of blocks to use so I had to make a compromise at the end.

So those are my levels. Nothing too special but I do hope some of you try them regardless.

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on September 29, 2015, 04:18:40 PMI've made it my goal to recreate Mega Man 2 in Super Mario Maker.

My current progress:

Metal Man Stage: 9F9F-0000-0037-4B96
Bubble Man Stage: 0264-0000-004A-BBEB
Air Man Stage: 93E8-0000-0077-572D
Crash Man Stage: 667C- 0000-007D-9711

Heat Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, and Wood Man are under construction. I might do the Wily Castle stages, but I might not.

I got some catching up to do on level playing. I'm currently working on a Shifty Boo Mansion (SM3DW) recreation. I'll post it here when I'm done. You know what would be awesome for this game? A Google Docs type environment, with multiple people having the ability to collaborate on a level online at the same time. You know, at least make a "multiplayer" aspect to the game. I wonder how hard it would be to implement that...

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

WandringMinstrel

I was looking through the promo idea book and noticed that the original, three-voice Ground Theme is watermarked on one of the earlier pages: in Kondo's own hand. I love the cool little references and behind the scenes development nods this game has.
http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/assets/SuperMarioMakerIdeaBook.pdf
I also noticed it's written in cut time - I always thought it felt that way.
Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on September 30, 2015, 09:38:23 AMI was looking through the promo idea book and noticed that the original, three-voice Ground Theme is watermarked on one of the earlier pages: in Kondo's own hand. I love the cool little references and behind the scenes development nods this game has.
http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/assets/SuperMarioMakerIdeaBook.pdf
I also noticed it's written in cut time - I always thought it felt that way.
I love all those little references as well. They fit so much in there. I also like the vagueness of the thing. Leads to more creativity!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

SlowPokemon

That's weird, because in the official Mario piano book, it's written in 3/4 (besides the ending part).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.