News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Bloop's Colours Project Sheets

Started by Bloop, July 14, 2021, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Fixed everything!

Quote from: Static on September 11, 2021, 04:10:54 PM- Did you intentionally not put the slur under the 8th note in m45 RH?
I originally found it a bit weird to start a slur on a note you can't really play legato, but then again there are some of those that are in the middle of slurs too, so I guess this works better as a phrasing standpoint.

Static

Latios212

The Evil Count Bleck

I replayed Super Paper Mario last summer, good times :P

- The f is a little far right at the beginning
- The first system is a tad squished... I don't see an easy way around that after toying with the measure distribution a bit though
- m. 6 and 10 sound like they're missing a bass strike on beat 3.5. Maybe An?
- Staccatos for the cross-staffed notes (beats 1.5-2.5) in m. 7 and 9 would be better above the notes
- For m. 13 RH I'm hearing something different in the upper voice? From beat 3.5 I hear Db-Cb-Bb higher than what you have written, although that's a bit uncomfortably high above the main melody. Also m. 14 beat 1 sounds like it's missing a tritone Fb above the Bb
- Db in RH of the latter half of m. 13 needs a visible flat (the previous Db is cross-staffed)

Quote from: Bloop on July 19, 2021, 01:25:03 PMI heard a Fb instead of a Eb on beat 3.5 in m12.
I think it's an Eb
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM- The first system is a tad squished... I don't see an easy way around that after toying with the measure distribution a bit though
I squished m1 a little bit more so I could desquish m2-4 a bit. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but it's something lol.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM- m. 6 and 10 sound like they're missing a bass strike on beat 3.5. Maybe An?
Yeah you're right, though I think I hear Bb (An sounds really jarring)

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM- For m. 13 RH I'm hearing something different in the upper voice? From beat 3.5 I hear Db-Cb-Bb higher than what you have written, although that's a bit uncomfortably high above the main melody. Also m. 14 beat 1 sounds like it's missing a tritone Fb above the Bb
I sacrificed the lower octave of the L.H., so that can play a bit more of the main melody while the R.H. plays the trumpet part.

Fixed the other things too!

Also, I relistened to m16-17 again but now with actual audiostretch magic, and I'm fairly confident with the notes I have now. The tuplets on beats 3-4 of m16 are a low piano, which gets taken over by strings in m17 beats 1-2. There's a timpani roll stating on beat 3 of m17. Beat 5 of m17 actually has two staccato'd 8ths D and F in the R.H. (strings panned to the right), but there isn't really a place for them without a near impossible stretch of the R.H. or sacrificing holding the last F, so I just included the D in quarter note F.
Other additions are a Gb in the L.H. in m8 like in m12 (it's kinda obscured by a timpani but it's there), and an An in the R.H. on beat 4 of m17.

Latios212

Alrighty, sounds good! First system looks better for sure. Thanks for the attention to detail on the last part as well.

I will accept - Bloop can you generate the files since I just have v27 on my laptop right now?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop