News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Static's Halloween Sheet

Started by Static, September 30, 2022, 01:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[PS3] Demon's Souls - "Old King Allant"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

Libera

No embed? :(

Anyway, here's the feedback:

-I feel like there should be some dynamic change going into bar 6, it definitely feels a lot less intense than the previous 5 bars, and although a lot of that is achieved through the voicings on the organ, it doesn't have nearly as drastic an effect on piano.
-I think there is a Bb in the RH on beat 3 of bar 9.  The minor 2nd sound is pretty distinctive.  I hear it as resolving up to the Cn on beat 4.
-Also I think there is a G# missing in the RH in bar 10, but it's always a bit tricky with organs haha.
-I think the Bn in the RH of bar 17 beat 3 is actually a Cn.  It's easier to hear on the repeat where the melody disappears.

As you are aware, I am a big fan of this pick for Halloween!

Static

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2022, 12:13:59 PMNo embed? :(
ask and you shall receive

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2022, 12:13:59 PM-I feel like there should be some dynamic change going into bar 6, it definitely feels a lot less intense than the previous 5 bars, and although a lot of that is achieved through the voicings on the organ, it doesn't have nearly as drastic an effect on piano.
-I think there is a Bb in the RH on beat 3 of bar 9.  The minor 2nd sound is pretty distinctive.  I hear it as resolving up to the Cn on beat 4.
-Also I think there is a G# missing in the RH in bar 10, but it's always a bit tricky with organs haha.
-I think the Bn in the RH of bar 17 beat 3 is actually a Cn.  It's easier to hear on the repeat where the melody disappears.
Made all the changes. I had those extra notes in m9-10 there originally but I removed them thinking it was just echoing from before, but it definitely sounds correct/better with them added. I also added As to m11.

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2022, 12:13:59 PMAs you are aware, I am a big fan of this pick for Halloween!
Glad you like it! I could've sworn we had a Demon's Souls sheet on here already, but I guess it was only Dark Souls. This also means we'll be getting some more of that PS triple representation...

Libera

Bloop

-m1-5: organs and overtones are hard, but I kinda hear the R.H. here an octave up with a separate flute-organ tone harmony beneath (playing A, G, A, E, A, G, G, G, A). Maybe you could incorporate that separate voice in some way?
-m16: Maybe you could add a courtesy natural on the F in the R.H. (to cancel the F# in the previous bar)

That's all tho, nice sheet!

Static

Quote from: Bloop on October 06, 2022, 11:48:58 AM-m1-5: organs and overtones are hard, but I kinda hear the R.H. here an octave up with a separate flute-organ tone harmony beneath (playing A, G, A, E, A, G, G, G, A). Maybe you could incorporate that separate voice in some way?
I kinda hear it, but also those notes are already included in lower voices that I wrote, and I'd rather keep the RH part in the current register. I think I'll just leave that part as it is.

Quote from: Bloop on October 06, 2022, 11:48:58 AM-m16: Maybe you could add a courtesy natural on the F in the R.H. (to cancel the F# in the previous bar)
Added

Quote from: Bloop on October 06, 2022, 11:48:58 AMThat's all tho, nice sheet!
Thanks, and thanks for taking a look! The new file should be up now hopefully

Bloop

Makes sense, then I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.