News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[MUL] Celeste - "Summit (No More Running Mix)" by PlayfulPiano

Started by Zeta, September 13, 2023, 11:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 16, 2024, 08:05:52 PM• m21 piano could be a little more centered/aligned over beat 1.0
• m93 widen this system a little so the cresc. doesn't touch the note stems
• m219-222 RH lower layer 1.5,2.5,3.5,4.5 this is An

Have one more thing I have to circle back on related to the rest heights in a few places, but that might cover everything afterwards
well it looks like alerts didn't actually work, got no notification about your reply here even though I had all "post" related notifications enabled. gonna try enabling one of the board and topics settings to see if that works instead.

Done but with the third point, this is the first time there's a C A B ostinato in the RH no? I feel like that's odd to have only happen this late.

Kricketune54

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on January 16, 2024, 09:21:32 PMDone but with the third point, this is the first time there's a C A B ostinato in the RH no? I feel like that's odd to have only happen this late.
m27?

m21-30, 91-126 LH that top layer's rests could all be normal height

Other thing wanted to mention, for staccatos on the stem side like m101 (2nd layer), we do recommend centering the staccato over the notehead as opposed to the stem itself. https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11591.0. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I will make sure not to ask again if this is your preference

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 20, 2024, 07:33:10 PMm27?

m21-30, 91-126 LH that top layer's rests could all be normal height

Other thing wanted to mention, for staccatos on the stem side like m101 (2nd layer), we do recommend centering the staccato over the notehead as opposed to the stem itself. https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11591.0. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I will make sure not to ask again if this is your preference
Ah, huh.

They are already at normal height, or at least a defaulted height. They weren't manually adjusted.

Fixed

Kricketune54

Sorry let me a bit clearer, I meant to manually adjust to the normal height for for rest (example is of m21). And the feedback applies to 95-126 rather than starting at 91.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 26, 2024, 07:46:13 PMSorry let me a bit clearer, I meant to manually adjust to the normal height for for rest (example is of m21). And the feedback applies to 95-126 rather than starting at 91.
Fixed.

Kricketune54

Sorry the 8th rests from 111-126 should be up to the standard height (rest head up between the lines one higher). At this point, minor detail though, and I will approve just have fixed for next updater.

XiaoMigros

• m18: beat 4 LH shouldn't be dotted
  • m63-78: I feel like the RH could take over more of the LH arpeggios, since it has less to do and the pedal is sustained
  • m98 & similar: beat 4.5 RH could use a staccato
  • m151 & similar: I question the playability of the RH b2 E
  • The low LH notes such as in m199 don't seem playable either

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: XiaoMigros on February 03, 2024, 11:38:55 AM
  • m18: beat 4 LH shouldn't be dotted
  • m63-78: I feel like the RH could take over more of the LH arpeggios, since it has less to do and the pedal is sustained
  • m98 & similar: beat 4.5 RH could use a staccato
  • m151 & similar: I question the playability of the RH b2 E
  • The low LH notes such as in m199 don't seem playable either

- Thanks for catching that. Fixed (was meant to be changed to an eighth / 16th rest).
- Unsure how this would best be implemented tbh considering that the current highest lh note is an E3, which matches with layer 2's off beat, unless the idea would be for it to only change at b2-b8 for each 2m phrase? (since otherwise the rh gap is probably a bit large, going from E2 to E5 or E2 to B4). Or would it be a better idea to have the lh's ostinato also occur in the rh like how m79-94 does it?
- Fixed.
- The main goal is to mimic the synth string that fades in and appears most noticeable at b2. I guess considering the higher note usage of the RH starting at m95, to fix this issue (and subsequent repeated E5 instances or B4 instances) if you think it might be worthwhile to move it to b1 instead, let me know. Or if you have an alternative idea on how to keep it.
- Good catch, hm. What if in those sections, like I mentioned in the second bullet, the lh follows the ostinato structure of m79-94? Would that be a good way to address it? (keeping the E3 in the case of m199, but with it absent in b2 for the low note case).
Image example of what I mean:

Will update after we figure out the remaining bullet points.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on February 03, 2024, 01:31:18 PM- Unsure how this would best be implemented tbh considering that the current highest lh note is an E3, which matches with layer 2's off beat, unless the idea would be for it to only change at b2-b8 for each 2m phrase? (since otherwise the rh gap is probably a bit large, going from E2 to E5 or E2 to B4). Or would it be a better idea to have the lh's ostinato also occur in the rh like how m79-94 does it?
Sorry, I think I meant 73-78 here, as the LH arpeggios stretch out a little. I'd be comfortable leaving this as is but I feel like there might be a more comfortable solution here...

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on February 03, 2024, 01:31:18 PM- The main goal is to mimic the synth string that fades in and appears most noticeable at b2. I guess considering the higher note usage of the RH starting at m95, to fix this issue (and subsequent repeated E5 instances or B4 instances) if you think it might be worthwhile to move it to b1 instead, let me know. Or if you have an alternative idea on how to keep it.
See my suggestion in the attachment

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on February 03, 2024, 01:31:18 PM- Good catch, hm. What if in those sections, like I mentioned in the second bullet, the lh follows the ostinato structure of m79-94? Would that be a good way to address it? (keeping the E3 in the case of m199, but with it absent in b2 for the low note case).
I think just dropping the E2 on beat 2 is good enough, but I would pull it through consistently, starting at m175.

Lastly, hairpins: In m8 make sure it ends just before the barline, instead of directly inside. And in m20, there should be a slightly larger gap between them both, I would nudge the left end left a little.