Console: Multiplatform
Title: Ladies of the Woods
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Bloop

Great game! Very different kinda music than what I usually arrange ^^

Fantastic Ike

Kricketune54

This goes pretty hard, feels like I need to go chop wood or run around in the forests of Eastern Europe

• There is no tempo mark on this sheet. Without it I'm also not really sure I understand why 3/2 was chosen over 6/4. It seems like the beat is much easier to follow in 6/4?
• Credit should be to CD Projekt Red, and for year 2015
•  for the 2nd RH tremolo in m1, I think I'm hearing F#/En instead of Dn.
• m27 LH it sounds like the Ab comes in an 8th note beat earlier than in the original, though seems like that screws up your upper LH layer. LMK if intentional phrasing
• m35 RH you could add a Cn grace note on beat 1 (to the upper Dn)
• m35 LH I guess depending on time sig decision could end up getting rid of top layer LH 8th rest (the second one)

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PMThis goes pretty hard, feels like I need to go chop wood or run around in the forests of Eastern Europe
the ladies like to chop things yes, but not wood:
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PM• There is no tempo mark on this sheet. Without it I'm also not really sure I understand why 3/2 was chosen over 6/4. It seems like the beat is much easier to follow in 6/4?
Yeah I had a hard time figuring out if I preferred it in 3+3 or 2+2+2, and chose 2+2+2 at first. It sounds like it just switches between those two or does both at the same time. Now I got the idea of just keeping it mostly vague and not beaming 8ths in 6+6 or 4+4+4, but just 2+2+2+2+2+2, that solves that issue hahaha.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PM• Credit should be to CD Projekt Red, and for year 2015
woops looks like i totally forgot to check the copyright, my bad

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PM• for the 2nd RH tremolo in m1, I think I'm hearing F#/En instead of Dn.
I didn't notice the higher choir voice at first, but I think I'd rather keep it as is to imitate the slow rising effect and still have time for the L.H. to jump down to the low G in m2.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PM• m27 LH it sounds like the Ab comes in an 8th note beat earlier than in the original, though seems like that screws up your upper LH layer. LMK if intentional phrasing
I think I still hear it as I currently have? But I also arranged the bass notes to imitate the percussion hits, so I'm going to call it intentional phrasing haha.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PM• m35 RH you could add a Cn grace note on beat 1 (to the upper Dn)
Ah yeah, same thing on beat 4!

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PM• m35 LH I guess depending on time sig decision could end up getting rid of top layer LH 8th rest (the second one)
I think I'd rather keep it to fill up the beat, since it's on beat 2.5

Reuploaded the files, thanks for taking a look!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on March 13, 2024, 04:30:13 AMthe ladies like to chop things yes, but not wood:
Spoiler
[close]
Oh...

Quote from: Bloop on March 13, 2024, 04:30:13 AMI didn't notice the higher choir voice at first, but I think I'd rather keep it as is to imitate the slow rising effect and still have time for the L.H. to jump down to the low G in m2.
Got it. Is it that much to jump down for m2? Not because of an error or anything just would think since there's two beats of rests the LH shouldn't be a challenge for moving from the tremolos

Quote from: Bloop on March 13, 2024, 04:30:13 AMI think I still hear it as I currently have? But I also arranged the bass notes to imitate the percussion hits, so I'm going to call it intentional phrasing haha.
I pitched up and still hearing as I had heard, but I am fine with the phrasing as is in this case.

Quote from: Bloop on March 13, 2024, 04:30:13 AMI think I'd rather keep it to fill up the beat, since it's on beat 2.5
Ah good point.

• Relistened, slowed down and played with pitching up octave, I think for m6-9 RH beat 2-3 are a half note as opposed to two quarters. I think the same half note instead of two quarters also applies for m14-17 as well (for both layers).

Although it is a performance, I would submit this as evidence, as it is performed by the composer.
Spoiler
[close]
• m18 and m20 RH it sounds like there is no Dn on beat 6
• Looks like in m35 the tremolos got separated, can just fix that

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 15, 2024, 08:30:14 PMGot it. Is it that much to jump down for m2? Not because of an error or anything just would think since there's two beats of rests the LH shouldn't be a challenge for moving from the tremolos
Not as it is right now, but if I wanted to add in the higher voice I would either lose a few notes in the process which doesn't sound right, or I would need to add the L.H. to the tremolos in beat 5-6 which then would make the jump down harder.

I pitched up and still hearing as I had heard, but I am fine with the phrasing as is in this case.
Ah good point.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 15, 2024, 08:30:14 PM• Relistened, slowed down and played with pitching up octave, I think for m6-9 RH beat 2-3 are a half note as opposed to two quarters. I think the same half note instead of two quarters also applies for m14-17 as well (for both layers).
Huh, I never noticed, but you're right! I shared it with my bf and he was like "wait excuse me" lol.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 15, 2024, 08:30:14 PMAlthough it is a performance, I would submit this as evidence, as it is performed by the composer.
Spoiler
[close]
Ah yes, I actually remember watching this to see if the conductor would count it in 2+2+2 or in 3+3, and I think that's where I decided on 2+2+2 before. Anyway with my current beaming I think it doesn't really matter anymore haha. At 1:21 is also a clearer Ab on beat 5 in m27 btw ^^

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 15, 2024, 08:30:14 PM• m18 and m20 RH it sounds like there is no Dn on beat 6
Ah yeah, I can kinda hear it on m20 but it's pretty faint compared to the others, so I kept them out! Tbh I'm guessing that might be the player's fault on the in-game recording, since it is there in later iterations and in the live version, but oh well :p

Fixed the tremolos too, files are updated!

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on March 02, 2024, 03:17:45 AMGreat game! Very different kinda music than what I usually arrange ^^
Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 11, 2024, 08:54:09 PMThis goes pretty hard, feels like I need to go chop wood or run around in the forests of Eastern Europe
these are accurate statements

What an interesting piece! Your sheet looks great, I just have a few visual things to mention:
- Wikipedia lists Marcin Przybyłowicz and Mikołaj Stroiński as composers. Is Percival an alias for the latter?
- Accent below instead of above the note in m. 5?
- Some of the RH middle layer small notes in m. 30-35 make it look a bit messy when the stems and beams are so close to the lower notes of the octaves. Maybe consider writing them in the same layer (still with small noteheads, just sttached to the stem of the octaves)? Though the lone dotted quarter+eighth rhythm on beat 2 complicates that slightly.
- The half rest in m. 33 is offset a bit
- Maybe flip beat 4 LH up in m. 35 so the stem/beam aren't awkwardly low below the tremolo?

Also, the 6/4 time signature and beaming looks good to me!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Okay! Updates look good and approved. If the next updater has any opinion on the last bit as far as potentially correcting mistakes in a recording, certainly will leave that up to your decision.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 18, 2024, 09:43:51 AM- Wikipedia lists Marcin Przybyłowicz and Mikołaj Stroiński as composers. Is Percival an alias for the latter?
Yes it is

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on March 18, 2024, 09:43:51 AM- Wikipedia lists Marcin Przybyłowicz and Mikołaj Stroiński as composers. Is Percival an alias for the latter?
I went with the credits from this soundtrack (2.08), which credited the two composers I credited. Apparently Percival is a separate person from Marcin and Mikołaj?

Quote from: Latios212 on March 18, 2024, 09:43:51 AM- Some of the RH middle layer small notes in m. 30-35 make it look a bit messy when the stems and beams are so close to the lower notes of the octaves. Maybe consider writing them in the same layer (still with small noteheads, just sttached to the stem of the octaves)? Though the lone dotted quarter+eighth rhythm on beat 2 complicates that slightly.
I moved some notes and beams around instead, this should be a bit easier to read!

Quote from: Latios212 on March 18, 2024, 09:43:51 AM- The half rest in m. 33 is offset a bit
Now that I look at it I prefer the rest hidden and the beams flipped, like in m35

Fixed everything else though!

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 15, 2024, 08:30:14 PM• m18 and m20 RH it sounds like there is no Dn on beat 6
Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:14:48 AMAh yeah, I can kinda hear it on m20 but it's pretty faint compared to the others, so I kept them out! Tbh I'm guessing that might be the player's fault on the in-game recording, since it is there in later iterations and in the live version, but oh well :p
Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 18, 2024, 09:46:21 AMIf the next updater has any opinion on the last bit as far as potentially correcting mistakes in a recording, certainly will leave that up to your decision.
Gotcha. Yeah they seem conspicuously absent in the original video Bloop linked; it does seem odd that it's missing in just those two places, but it is what it is! No qualms from me matching what we hear in this version if that's what we're using for reference.

The other changes look good to me, so it's accept time~

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot