Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Started by SlowPokemon, May 29, 2018, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Game Freak confirmed that a "core series" game will be coming out next year, so as long as this isn't ""Gen 8"", I'm very okay with this. It's an extremely high-quality spinoff with support for one of the most downloaded mobile games on the planet.

But still. What the fuck.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I felt an INTENSE sense of relief when I realized that this Pokémon GO tie-in is not actually where gen VIII is going (well, as far as we know). But yeah, I do feel that maybe it's a step in the wrong direction. The gameplay of Pokémon GO is not good. But who knows, it could still be a fun time? And since it's not technically in the core RPG series, it's maybe a fun way to play Yellow with modern mechanics and without all of the new Pokémon. And I have to admit, the art style is lovely and HD Pokémon looks even better than I had thought. I love the chibi style, I loved it in XY and ORAS and I love it here.

Oronoco

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 29, 2018, 06:41:00 PMINTENSE sense of relief
YES.
I hope that if they put this much care into a spin-off, then they can put just as much into making a great core series game for next year.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Sir Dino

Kanto remake, with all the marketing strategies put together and none of the nostalgia!

SlowPokemon

Oh yeah, Gen VIII will get here in 2019 and it will be fucking fantastic. This game looks good too, but it's good to know it's not Gen VIII.

Which version will you guys get? I'm leaning toward Eevee because Eevee looks fucking ridiculous hanging off the protagonist's arm like that. I love it.

Oronoco

The Red, Blue, and Yellow originals released for 3DS are excellent for nostalgia, so I'm glad they're approaching the Switch titles from a different angle. Somehow it just makes me more hyped for Gen VIII.

I never got into GO, so I'm hoping the Switch titles are compatible with GO, yet independent. That looks so good so far.

I'd normally go for Pikachu, but Eevee might win me over with its pitiful cry.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

PlayfulPiano

Saw the trailer, it's going to be fine.

At its core, without PoGo, it's a Gen I Yellow remake with the addition of Eevee as a possibility. You still have levels, health, moves, the whole core everything.

The only noticeable difference is catching a pokemon, which seems more fun with an actual "hey i'm throwing a ball with motion controls" sort of shtick. Probably you can do it the normal way too, if people want, but it seems fun for sure.

The extra PoGo stuff is a nice bonus overall.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 29, 2018, 06:41:00 PMThe gameplay of Pokémon GO is not good.
I've heard that it's improved since it started. Still haven't picked it up because lack of app space. Sigh.

Quote from: Sir Dino on May 29, 2018, 07:13:13 PMKanto remake, with all the marketing strategies put together and none of the nostalgia!
:P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 29, 2018, 10:42:36 PMI've heard that it's improved since it started. Still haven't picked it up because lack of app space. Sigh.
:P
View it as a spin off with F2P P2W mechanics, and it isn't that bad.

DocDoom2

Many of the Pokemon Go mechanics seems to work better in Pokemon Go than in a main series game, like catching for example.
However, I can see that these games are marketed towards the people who first started playing Pokemon with P-Go and drawing them into the main series.
Definitely picking up Let's Go Eevee, though. I'll enjoy having these to hold me off until Gen 8!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.