[Wii] Rhythm Heaven Fever - "Hole in One" by WaluigiTime64

Started by Zeta, June 03, 2018, 03:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on September 25, 2018, 03:21:29 AMI am in fact still a little out of ideas for that transition to the chorus (I'm probably just not thinking about it hard enough, but I'm busy, and would greatly appreciate having ideas thrown at me).

I don't think it has to be anything too fancy and I generally prefer simpler options when they can be taken.  This is what I would go for:
You cannot view this attachment..

I thought about trying to include the rhythms of the drums into the bass line but ... on trying it out I'm not sure it works all that well.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Libera on September 26, 2018, 04:07:43 AMI don't think it has to be anything too fancy and I generally prefer simpler options when they can be taken.  This is what I would go for:
You cannot view this attachment..

I thought about trying to include the rhythms of the drums into the bass line but ... on trying it out I'm not sure it works all that well.
Mainly waiting for MSF to chime in, but also laziness, sorry.

This feels quite nice (though playback says otherwise). Usually I like to be overly complicated, but sometimes it's good to use simpler ideas (I should think about this more often).
Definitely correct about the drum rhythms, and I prefer the longer notes anyway. I believe the drum pattern is one which also appears at the start, but considering I don't have it there, it wouldn't have as great of an effect put here anyway.

Files should be updated correctly now.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Glissando looks good!

• m60 beat 3 could still use a grace note.
  • I think the beginning chords are good, not so sure about the ending ones. I'm not hearing an A in the right hand, but instead a high B and a low C like so:

• Now of course, most hands can't reach that far. So you can decide how you want to write these chords here.
  • I know you said you probably wouldn't be convinced, but I'd be very strongly in favor of taking the LH part in m49-50 and copying it to m51-52 too. The half notes in the LH don't add much, in my opinion, considering that the right hand is already playing the chords. I just think getting rid of the funky rhythm for a whole measure and a half kills the mood of the piece.

That's all I have. I don't see any problems with this sheet otherwise!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Libera

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 10:22:01 AMGlissando looks good!
neat

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 30, 2018, 10:22:01 AM
  • m60 beat 3 could still use a grace note.
oops. fixed

• I think the beginning chords are good, not so sure about the ending ones. I'm not hearing an A in the right hand, but instead a high B and a low C like so:

• Now of course, most hands can't reach that far. So you can decide how you want to write these chords here.
Ah ok, thanks. I just removed the lower E, making it a playable 10th (the whole chord is pretty much impossible to play as it is).

• I know you said you probably wouldn't be convinced, but I'd be very strongly in favor of taking the LH part in m49-50 and copying it to m51-52 too. The half notes in the LH don't add much, in my opinion, considering that the right hand is already playing the chords. I just think getting rid of the funky rhythm for a whole measure and a half kills the mood of the piece.
I get that, but remember that the funky rhythm is also an absolute hand-killer, and having at least one break is nice.

Files updated.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Beautiful.

I noticed that the PDF has some unsightly large vertical margins... particularly at the top of the page. The MUSX looks fine though, so I'm not sure how it happened.

(For some extra nitpickiness, the tempo marking could be a little higher above the notes and the composer and arranger lines could be a little closer together.)

That's all.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 12, 2018, 03:53:49 PMI noticed that the PDF has some unsightly large vertical margins... particularly at the top of the page. The MUSX looks fine though, so I'm not sure how it happened.
That's because I printed it in A4, despite Finale being in US Letter.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 12, 2018, 03:53:49 PM(For some extra nitpickiness, the tempo marking could be a little higher above the notes and the composer and arranger lines could be a little closer together.)
lol why not

Files adjusted.

Libera

It makes me happy to say that I approve.

(I know I've said this before, but this is a really great sheet!)

Latios212

Finally glad to see this song through as well. Once again it's a really great song and the sheet is real neat.

Nice work, guys!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot