The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

undertale has almost no story progression at all
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

I would make a counter arguement but it would just waste time
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

true, because my point is valid.  All development in the game is pretty much relegated to flowey.  The rest of the characters are rather static

oh yeah: "'Hello by Adele has  more YouTube views than 'Mr. Brightside' by The Killers because it's a better song.  We know it's a better song because it has more YouTube views".
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

To be fair, most pop music including those two songs are absolute shit.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

there's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
unmotivated

Yug_Guy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Not true. We've just had more time for all the crap that came out in the early 2000's to fade into obscurity. More recent songs haven't yet had the time to fade out just yet. But they will eventually.

Latios212

The difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.
BAD JOKE. BAD JOKE. Quick! Somebody make a better joke, before we start another pun chain or something!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 11, 2016, 02:54:50 PMTo be fair, most pop music including those two songs are absolute shit.

The truest words ever spoken.

Also, new sig.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 11, 2016, 02:54:50 PMTo be fair, most pop music including those two songs are absolute shit.

Classic rock can have some really cool stuff in it, still waiting for an interesting pop song though.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Some people can't handle a "devil's advocate" within discussions. : /
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Meh, late response.

Quote from: Dudeman on February 10, 2016, 07:49:40 PMTo be fair, global warming is a real thing that exists and yes, if you project the trends as they are right now, things don't look good. But the Earth has historically gone through both warming and cooling periods in its climate, and what we're seeing right now isn't that much out of the ordinary and will eventually go the other direction, provided we don't severely increase pollutant outputs to beyond Industrial-era levels. Should we still work on reducing pollutants? Absolutely. Is the world on the verge of falling apart because of said pollutants? Absolutely not.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/GISSTemperature/giss_temperature2.php
(If you wanna claim that NASA is making this up and you have some much better source, then be by guest.)
We should be cooling right now, not warming. The fact that we're warming at all is out of the ordinary. Yes, our world isn't in this grave near apocalyptic state that some extremists claim, but nor is it in a "nothing to worry about" state that you're trying to argue now. At the rate we're going, if we don't see a significant reduction in emissions, we're going to see a lot more storms, droughts, and lose cities due to rising waters. No, humanity is not gonna end through global warming, it's just gonna make life a lot harder for our future generations.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 11, 2016, 08:20:47 PMSome people can't handle a "devil's advocate" within discussions. : /
who would ever advocate the devil!!!!!!?!?!?!?!????!?!?
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I can't believe that I started a page-long discussion because of my global warming comment. Did NOT mean to do that! XDXD I always blame global warming for everything, even if it is remotely random. It's all just random commenting, but I do get some strange looks!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 12, 2016, 09:05:50 AMwho would ever advocate the devil!!!!!!?!?!?!?!????!?!?
Beats me.

EDIT: ...So I've spent a large portion of the day dusting my house while my parents are gone. I've been playing the Kirby's Epic Yarn OST from my phone for while I've been dusting, but to dust, I had to put my phone in my pocket, and it's been so long that I've started to understand background music.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Hero of Trains

I do that when I do my homework and other things I really don't want to do, I just choose the most excessively dramatic song I can think of to make it seem a bit less dull.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back