News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Under Night In-Birth - "Night Walker" by Static

Started by Zeta, June 03, 2018, 01:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Under Night In-Birth
Console: ARCADE
Title: Night Walker
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

nacho2420

Blown away with this one! Very cool tune

measure 15 - I personally prefer the crescendos to end where the last note of the measure rather than through it as there are no notes to cresc. with.

meas. 18 - maybe add a dynamic marking at the end of the cresc?

meas. 19 - consider raising the RH up an octave for the phrase as well as the following ones?

meas. 23 - drag the slur from beat 4 to the second B that's tied to beat 2 on meas. 24

Good work!

Static

Fixed all the things you mentioned, but I'm a bit reluctant to move the melody up an octave at m19. The way it is now I think makes a better contrast between the m19 section and the higher m35 and m50 sections. I also think some of the chords in the m19 section sound better in a middle range, since they tend to ring out a little more.

Sebastian

The only recommendation I have for this sheet is to move the bpm marking up a little bit. Other than that, awesome work!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Echo

Super glad this got bumped, because I was just starting to arrange this, so seeing this thread just saved me a ton of time. Also super glad that someone else knows about this game, because the OST's amazing!

First of all, great job! This is probably my favourite track from the game, so awesome to see this done.

Editing wise, I'm not sure if you did this for the sake of playability, but measure 8 should be an octave lower for the right hand, and the latter half of it is inaccurate (unless you were trying to emulate the drum effect?). Here's what I wrote for that measure, so you can just see and copy/paste it if you want.

For measure 12, I'd raise the octave of the left hand's last bit, to make it more easier/natural to play (using your first few fingers closer together). This is also in my sheet I attached if you want to check out what I mean.

This is more of a stylistic suggestion, but for the area around measure 29, how about getting rid of the tail-end of measure 29 and the first half of measure 30, so that you can fit in the "echo" of the melody that plays there?

Anyways, again, cool to see this sheet, and I hope you cover more music from this game.

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on July 02, 2018, 10:35:53 AMThe only recommendation I have for this sheet is to move the bpm marking up a little bit. Other than that, awesome work!
Fixed. Also made it a bit larger and easier to read.

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2018, 08:34:54 AMSuper glad this got bumped, because I was just starting to arrange this, so seeing this thread just saved me a ton of time. Also super glad that someone else knows about this game, because the OST's amazing!
I had no idea anyone else here knew about this game either! The OST is indeed great.

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2018, 08:34:54 AMEditing wise, I'm not sure if you did this for the sake of playability, but measure 8 should be an octave lower for the right hand, and the latter half of it is inaccurate (unless you were trying to emulate the drum effect?). Here's what I wrote for that measure, so you can just see and copy/paste it if you want.
Yes, I did move m8 up an octave for playability. I'm confused as to what you mean by the latter half being inaccurate; I checked again and what I wrote down is indeed exactly in the original track, just moved up an octave. However, I did move the 16th note A on beat 4.5 up an octave to make it easier to play, similar to what you did there.

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2018, 08:34:54 AMFor measure 12, I'd raise the octave of the left hand's last bit, to make it more easier/natural to play (using your first few fingers closer together). This is also in my sheet I attached if you want to check out what I mean.
I moved the G# on beat 3.75 down instead. It makes the line easier to play but keeps the line lower, which I think sounds better.

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2018, 08:34:54 AMThis is more of a stylistic suggestion, but for the area around measure 29, how about getting rid of the tail-end of measure 29 and the first half of measure 30, so that you can fit in the "echo" of the melody that plays there?
I tried doing this when I first arranged it, but I didn't like how it sounded. I'd rather just keep the main melody there.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I reformatted this sheet, so now it fits on 4 pages instead of 6, the slurs are less wonky, the rehearsal number boxes are bigger and easier to read, and some notes/accidentals have been respaced.

Maelstrom

I forgot to mention that I notechecked this entire song and didn't post. It's still great and now even better.

Accepted

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot