News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Which Fire Emblem game should get a remake?

Started by ArchaneanHero, June 28, 2018, 06:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Fire Emblem game do you think deserves a remake the most. (Excluding Awakening, Fates, Gaiden and Echoes)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
0 (0%)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
1 (16.7%)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
2 (33.3%)
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
0 (0%)
Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
0 (0%)
Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
1 (16.7%)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
0 (0%)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
1 (16.7%)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
0 (0%)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
0 (0%)
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 05, 2018, 06:11:23 PM

ArchaneanHero

My question is, which Fire Emblem game do you think should get a remake? I am excluding Gaiden, since it just got a remake, Echoes, (said remake), Awakening, and Fates. By remake, I am referring to a game on 3DS or Switch with modern graphics, support conversations, and orchestrated music.
I... HAVE RESURRECTED... STUPID HUMANS... I WILL KILL YOU ALL...

Maelstrom

I'm torn on whether I'd like to see a Genealogy or a Thracia remake. I've played genealogy and I love the characters and mechanics, but I'd also love get to try thracia without the janky romhack stuff you need to use now. The mechanics seem really cool, and it's a shame the translation patches break a lot of the graphics.

edit: woah who else voted genealogy?

and shouldn't you exclude Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the emblem because those got the DS remakes, terrible as the shadow dragon one was?

ArchaneanHero

Well, I thought about excluding them. However, there are differences between the three versions of the "War of Shadows" games. A remake of the first game would most likely be more appealing to the old-school fans, or those who prefer the hardcore games. A "Mystery of the Emblem" remake I feel would be different that a remake of the first game because of a) Book Two, and b) the fact that the presentation is very different. And I feel a direct remake of the latest version, "Shadow Dragon" would probably be targeted at the newer fanbase, and include things like the pair-up mechanic, and be easier to get in to than the other versions would be. Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light or Mystery of the Emblem would actually be my top picks. I really like the characters and story, but I feel they haven't really had as much as a chance to shine as they might have. The first one was an NES game, the first remake was a SNES game, but it lacked the major improvements from Genealogy like the weapon triangle. And the Shadow Dragon version, as you said, definitely wasn't all it could have been. I feel that the War of Shadows story could really use an update, as long as they kept it as challenging as it was back in the NES and SNES days.
I... HAVE RESURRECTED... STUPID HUMANS... I WILL KILL YOU ALL...

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 28, 2018, 09:03:28 PMedit: woah who else voted genealogy?
I did! Since I've never played any of these games, I chose Genealogy since the characters and story seem most intriguing to me from what I've seen in Heroes. Also because it's not already available in English.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle