News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SNES] Final Fantasy V - "Town Theme" (Replacement) by Static

Started by Zeta, August 15, 2018, 05:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy V
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Town Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

The track name should be changed to "Town Theme", which is the name listed in the Original Sound Version album (the first official release of the game's soundtrack).

Latios212

Title changed.

- Is there a reason you have the offbeat notes in the first measure written as a second layer in the right hand instead of part of the left hand layer?
- m. 5 beat 3 should be a C.
- Watch the slurs in m. 3, 4, 7, 8 around the D and A flat/natural. Also on page 2
- You use different chord tones in m. 11+ for the arpeggios, just checking that was intentional (so as to not duplicate the bass?) Also leaving out the offbeat bass in 15, 17
- m. 29 beat 1 LH is D?
- Is that a custom ending? Regardless, I like it :P though I'd suggest flipping the layer 3 ties downwards at the end.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brassman388

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on August 18, 2018, 07:41:43 PM- Is there a reason you have the offbeat notes in the first measure written as a second layer in the right hand instead of part of the left hand layer?
Yeah, the middle layer is closer to the RH and I think its a bit easier to play like that.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 18, 2018, 07:41:43 PM- You use different chord tones in m. 11+ for the arpeggios, just checking that was intentional (so as to not duplicate the bass?) Also leaving out the offbeat bass in 15, 17
Yep, all intentional. Not really to not duplicate the bass, but just to fit the arpeggios in the lower-middle range where I wanted them to be.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 18, 2018, 07:41:43 PM- m. 29 beat 1 LH is D?
In this section, I used the string bass as the bassline for beats 1 and 3, so that's why it's an F.

Everything else is fixed, thanks for the feedback!

Latios212

Awesome, sounds good!

Quote from: Static on September 22, 2018, 09:42:28 AMYeah, the middle layer is closer to the RH and I think its a bit easier to play like that.
It's also perfectly accessible with the left hand and sounded like it was part of the lower layer to me, which is why I suggested it. Personal preference, though, so you're free to leave it as it, just wanted to mention it :P

Last thing I have to suggest is to raise the eighth rests in 23/25/27 so as to not touch the notes. You could also put double barlines at the end of 18 if you want.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

This is very nice!  Just a few things from me:
-Are you expecting the performer to just know when to use pedal and not?
-The Eb in bar 18 should be a D#.  (It's a G aug chord not a Eb aug chord.)

Other than that this looks good to go.  Also thanks for showing me that we can do custom endings, I didn't know that.

Static

Quote from: Libera on September 22, 2018, 01:56:36 PM-Are you expecting the performer to just know when to use pedal and not?
Yep.

Quote from: Libera on September 22, 2018, 01:56:36 PM-The Eb in bar 18 should be a D#.  (It's a G aug chord not a Eb aug chord.)
Fixed.

Quote from: Libera on September 22, 2018, 01:56:36 PMAlso thanks for showing me that we can do custom endings, I didn't know that.
Yes, you can! I don't do it very often, but I was thinking of an ending as I was arranging this particular sheet, so I wanted to include it.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: I moved the middle layer of m1 to the LH after messing around with it some more; I think it works better there. I also filled out some more chords in the m11 section.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot