News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[PS2] Drakengard - "Growing Wings" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, September 21, 2018, 07:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Drakengard
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Growing Wings
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Maelstrom

Latios212

Just looking at the PDF, looks like something happened with the lyric font conversion? Also a few of the D#s are flipped in the vocal line.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Right this is one strange case where I've checked notes before formatting.  I'll give this another pass later for that but for now, notes.

-At bars 67-68 (and again at 142-143) it should be this:
You cannot view this attachment.
-For the strange phrase heard in bar 21 and again multiple times I'm really not sure what part you're transcribing there, but I hear (subject to some slight rhythmic alterations that I don't think are worth putting in):

And finally, every time I've listened to this track I've been trying to work out whether the rhythm of the main ostinato is as you have written it or if it is:
and I'm still not sure.  Both of them sound pretty similar and so perhaps it's not really important which one you go for, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Latios212 on September 21, 2018, 08:48:29 AMJust looking at the PDF, looks like something happened with the lyric font conversion? Also a few of the D#s are flipped in the vocal line.
Fixed
Quote from: Libera on September 21, 2018, 02:37:14 PMRight this is one strange case where I've checked notes before formatting.  I'll give this another pass later for that but for now, notes.

-At bars 67-68 (and again at 142-143) it should be this:
-For the strange phrase heard in bar 21 and again multiple times I'm really not sure what part you're transcribing there, but I hear (subject to some slight rhythmic alterations that I don't think are worth putting in):

And finally, every time I've listened to this track I've been trying to work out whether the rhythm of the main ostinato is as you have written it or if it is:
and I'm still not sure.  Both of them sound pretty similar and so perhaps it's not really important which one you go for, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
Fixed the first thing, discussed the other 2 over discord and were not implemented.

AwesomeYears

Shouldn't the key signature be 4 sharps aka C# Minor? Even though the last chord in the piece is A MAJ7, it's you could say a variation of the interrupted cadence that finishes on the 6th and doesn't finish on the i chord. You've got D#s instead of Ds and the percussion beat in left hand is playing on the C# Chord.

Libera

Updated with minor edits, including the key signature change at Maelstrom's request.

I approve wholeheartedly.  Great sheet.

Files have reverted to old ones.  I'm just holding off my approval until I see the new files.

Libera

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot