Game: Target Renegade
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Levels 1-3: Parking Garage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Joeberryosponge

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Looks neat, but before checking pitches a few visual things catch my eye:
- Is there a reason beats 1 and 2 aren't beamed together in places like measure 3, or is that just because of Finale's default? It'd probably be best for them to be beamed similar to the left hand.
- Measure 28 and the following few look very odd because of the super long eighth note stems. How about trying to flip the main layer so that the beam is below the notes and the stems can be normal length?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2018, 11:54:05 AMLooks neat, but before checking pitches a few visual things catch my eye:
- Is there a reason beats 1 and 2 aren't beamed together in places like measure 3, or is that just because of Finale's default? It'd probably be best for them to be beamed similar to the left hand.
- Measure 28 and the following few look very odd because of the super long eighth note stems. How about trying to flip the main layer so that the beam is below the notes and the stems can be normal length?

I've implemented those changes. Thanks!

Libera

Sorry for the wait on this!  Checking things now.

-Bar 14 and 22 the left hand the Ebs should be Ens.  My guess is that this was just a mistake when inputting the notes and forgetting the key signature, I do it all the time.
-In the section bars 27-32 the higher notes are a fourth above rather than an octave.  i.e. they go C C C C Eb C Bb C etc.
-I feel like we're being a little inconsistent regarding the bends.  Sometimes you write them as graces, and sometimes just as semiquavers.  Is there a rationale behind the way in which you're writing them?
-The mf on the top of bar 38 looks a little odd there on its own.  I'd move it back to the end of bar 37 so that crescendo all happens on one line.

Nice work.

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Libera on November 04, 2018, 02:12:39 PMSorry for the wait on this!  Checking things now.

-Bar 14 and 22 the left hand the Ebs should be Ens.  My guess is that this was just a mistake when inputting the notes and forgetting the key signature, I do it all the time.
Fixed!

Quote-In the section bars 27-32 the higher notes are a fourth above rather than an octave.  i.e. they go C C C C Eb C Bb C etc.

I hear those notes as well, but they are an octave higher. I am going more for the effect rather than accuracy. I think octaves make it easier to play.

Quote-I feel like we're being a little inconsistent regarding the bends.  Sometimes you write them as graces, and sometimes just as semiquavers.  Is there a rationale behind the way in which you're writing them?

I used semiquavers when the bends are longer. I've made them a little more consistent in the updated sheets.

Quote-The mf on the top of bar 38 looks a little odd there on its own.  I'd move it back to the end of bar 37 so that crescendo all happens on one line.

Fixed!

Libera

Thanks for the fast response!

Quote from: joeberryosponge on November 04, 2018, 03:44:34 PMI hear those notes as well, but they are an octave higher. I am going more for the effect rather than accuracy. I think octaves make it easier to play.
Fair enough.
Quote from: joeberryosponge on November 04, 2018, 03:44:34 PMI used semiquavers when the bends are longer. I've made them a little more consistent in the updated sheets.
Yeah this has cleared up the biggest problem areas.

Looks good!

Latios212

This is a really rockin' song. Cool!

Just a last couple things:
- Write the URL like this: https://www.NinSheetMusic.org/
- There's a lot of space on the pages but the staff braces and footer extend beyond the margins. Mind adjusting that?
- m. 40-41 are cramped especially compared to the following measures. May I suggest the following for distribution (or something of the sort) -
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Also I edited your arranger name (for display on the main site, not your forum username) to have a capital J as you put on your sheets.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Latios212 on November 04, 2018, 05:47:07 PM- Write the URL like this: https://www.NinSheetMusic.org/
- There's a lot of space on the pages but the staff braces and footer extend beyond the margins. Mind adjusting that?
- m. 40-41 are cramped especially compared to the following measures. May I suggest the following for distribution (or something of the sort) -

Fixed! Thanks!

Libera

Latios212

Shoot sorry, last post I promise.

- Last 6 measures: it'd be simpler to just leave the G#s spelled as Ab and A#s spelled as Bb since they're already present in the key signature.
- / at the end of the URL

Good work!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Latios212 on November 05, 2018, 03:47:52 PM- Last 6 measures: it'd be simpler to just leave the G#s spelled as Ab and A#s spelled as Bb since they're already present in the key signature.
- / at the end of the URL
Fixed!

Latios212

Eep... there's an extra measure on an extra page. I'll just grab that for ya

Good to go!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta