Console: PlayStation 3
Title: Aethervox
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Every sheet needs a friend.

In the original the second time plays without the singing, but I couldn't think of a nice way to direct that in the sheet so I left it out.  If anyone has any ideas I'm interested in hearing them.  (Just saying 'leave out the top voice' won't cut it unfortunately since semibreves in different layers are indistinguishable.)

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on October 30, 2018, 01:53:06 PMJust saying 'leave out the top voice' won't cut it unfortunately since semibreves in different layers are indistinguishable.
I think that'd be fine; there isn't any ambiguity since the voice is always the top layer - even in m. 23 it can be inferred that the voice is simply the top note in the stack. Though if you do notate the instrumental repeat, it returns to m. 9 after m. 33 instead of playing the ending and beginning?

- I'm not entirely convinced of the need to use 8/8 over 4/4 in m. 7...
- Page number isn't aligned with header.
- Cb in m. 5 should be natural.
- RH of m. 7 should re-strike the Eb on beat 1.
- More of a presentation concern than an accuracy one, but it would probably be better to introduce the tempo change at the section change in m. 9 rather than m. 8.
- Guitar plays an extra note at the end of m. 19 - not sure if you omitted that on purpose, though fine if you did.
- LH of 26 goes Bb-Gb-Ab-Db.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 01:11:56 PMI think that'd be fine; there isn't any ambiguity since the voice is always the top layer - even in m. 23 it can be inferred that the voice is simply the top note in the stack. Though if you do notate the instrumental repeat, it returns to m. 9 after m. 33 instead of playing the ending and beginning?
I guess; if you think it's sufficient then I'll put it in.  Also I think the repeats are still correct, at least according to any version I can find.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 01:11:56 PM- I'm not entirely convinced of the need to use 8/8 over 4/4 in m. 7...
I'm not sure what to say here other than because it's in 8/8 rather than 4/4? 4/4 implies the type of beat as a crotchet which isn't at all what's happening in this bit.  This bar is like 9/8 with a quaver missing rather than 4/4.  I could be more specific and write (3+3+2)/8 but I feel like that's overkill for just a single bar.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 01:11:56 PM- Guitar plays an extra note at the end of m. 19 - not sure if you omitted that on purpose, though fine if you did.
Huh, you're right.  I don't particularly feel like that flourish is worth sacrificing the uniformity of the current accompaniment though so I left it out, good catch though.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2018, 01:11:56 PM- Page number isn't aligned with header.
- Cb in m. 5 should be natural.
- RH of m. 7 should re-strike the Eb on beat 1.
- More of a presentation concern than an accuracy one, but it would probably be better to introduce the tempo change at the section change in m. 9 rather than m. 8.
- LH of 26 goes Bb-Gb-Ab-Db.
All fixed.  Thanks for looking it over!

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on November 03, 2018, 01:40:23 PMI'm not sure what to say here other than because it's in 8/8 rather than 4/4? 4/4 implies the type of beat as a crotchet which isn't at all what's happening in this bit.  This bar is like 9/8 with a quaver missing rather than 4/4.  I could be more specific and write (3+3+2)/8 but I feel like that's overkill for just a single bar.
I just think it's ambiguous here - the grouping of the notes isn't as explicit as in the previous measures. But I guess one measure of 8/8 is alright.

Everything else looks good. Nice!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

This looks great except for one thing: your rolled chord marks aren't that consistant, esp on page 2 in the C section. Some of them aren't vertical, some are too small while others are too large. Go through the piece and manually adjust them to be a uniform distance away from the notes and a relatively uniform height relative to the chords they effect.

Otherwise, great job.

Oh, and I'm with latios in that the 8/8 measure should be 4/4, but if you insist, keep it that way. It just overcomplicates things more than they need to be.

Libera

Thanks for looking it over!  I'll admit that the rolls weren't really something that I was thinking about when making the arrangement so I'll try to keep that in mind in future.  I've tried to make them more uniform; let me know if there's still something wrong with them.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 11, 2018, 01:28:35 PMOh, and I'm with latios in that the 8/8 measure should be 4/4, but if you insist, keep it that way. It just overcomplicates things more than they need to be.

I could talk more about this but I'm not sure that it would be terribly productive.  Basically I'd prefer to keep it how it is if that's ok.

Thanks again!

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot