[SWITCH] Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! - "Congratulations!" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, December 10, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Congratulations!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

I'm not sure if there's an F# on the first beat of measure 1; I think it might just be the pedal. In any case, I'd combine the upper D into the right hand quarter note to keep the left hand consistently playing dyads.

In measure 12, I think the half rest should be in its usual spot on the third line.

I'd use a full bar rather than a dotted one for the left hand in measure 13.

The last beat of measure 24 sounds more like a quintuplet with a bit of rubato to me than the precise rythm you've notated.

Also, maybe lower the first system of the second page a bit so there isn't as much blank space at the bottom of the page.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 11, 2018, 12:09:50 PMI'm not sure if there's an F# on the first beat of measure 1; I think it might just be the pedal.
Not 100% sure either, but after playing around with it on the piano I'd like to keep it as the open chord sounds a bit empty without it.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 11, 2018, 12:09:50 PMAlso, maybe lower the first system of the second page a bit so there isn't as much blank space at the bottom of the page.
I prefer to keep the space between systems and space around the top margin consistent (with the first page) rather than space them out to fill up room at the bottom. In any case, I've poked it around slightly.

The rest of the stuff sounds good and I've made edits. Thanks!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

I'm hearing a major seventh sonority in the final measure -- if you change the D to a C# in the right hand chord at m.32, that'll probably work.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

Ah, you're right! (I had thought that resolution sounded a bit too plain...)

Thanks! Files updated.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

It's a nice piece and I particularly commend you for how quickly you got this out with a cover on youtube. :P  Still I've got a few things to mention:

-I'm hearing something like this for bars 15-16, though maybe the D would be better in the right hand rather than the left as I've written it, not sure.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
This is opposed to including the D in the rolled chord at the start of bar 16, but I guess you could re-articulate it if you wanted to.
-The sixth note in the left hand of bar 25 I'm hearing as an octave higher.
-The last note in the left hand of bar 26 I'm hearing as a G rather than a C.  It's got that distinctive tonic (of V) -> seventh (of V) -> third (of I) sound to it.
-I'm really not clear on whether the bass note in the second minim of bar 31 is an A or a G.  The A sounds very dissonant to me when I play it on piano, but I guess that might just be the orchestration in the original relieving some of that dissonance.
-You changed the D to a C# in the final bar in the pdf but not in the musx, probably just an accident.
-I totally agree with you on the margin at the top of page 2.  If you want to move it up again that's cool with me.
-Last note of bar 21 I'm heating as an octave higher.

I meant to check this ages ago, but alas, better late than never.

Latios212

I think it's better to think about that slightly early D at the beginning of m. 16 as a result of rubato rather than a strict rhythm. A sixteenth note seems out of place in this sheet.

Hm, I think both the A and G in m. 31 are present in some voice or other. Definitely wanted the A in the bass to highlight the V-I motion, but it'd sound better than the octave A's if I changed the top note in the octave to G! So yeah, thanks for pointing that out; I've adjusted it.

Everything else updated! Thanks for looking it over.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta