Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Strike
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

I've been putting off submitting my 'old' arrangements since they're generally of lesser quality than my 'new' stuff but the FE section needs this so here we are.  This is the ... fourth sheet I made?  I've fixed up the formatting to match how I do things nowadays and I fixed some of the more ... interesting note choices.  Hopefully it's not too bad.

Khunjund

Hello! I know you just can't get enough of me, so here I am again!
Spoiler

[close]
I only have minor things to say about this one:
  • I'm not sure, but I think the bass line is silent on the last eighth of measure 10.
  • I believe there's a quarter rest at the end of measure 18.
  • Personally, I'd show the eighth rest in measure 19 to have the full beat on display (it looks a bit off to me with that naked eighth note), and I'd put the B in the third beat on the bottom staff for the sake of symmetry. I think you could hide the top staff quarter rest, too.
  • I was curious as to why you chose to include those left hand notes in measure 22, because they seem to be the tom line, not the bass. In any case, I do think it's a good idea to have it here and avoid losing momentum, but if you choose to include it, I recommend adding in the rest of the line in the last two measures. Also, I hear G>C>C instead of C>C>C for the three notes you've written.
  • I feel like there should be an indication that the glissando and the high C of measure 1 aren't present in subsequent loops, but I don't know what the best option would be. A box repeat would look messy, but just parentheses and a 1a volta indication probably wouldn't cut it.

Also, your left margin is just shy of 0.75 inches and it's driving me crazy.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

why did you make me look at that picture

Anyway, I've got some new files up after looking through your comments.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMI'm not sure, but I think the bass line is silent on the last eighth of measure 10.[/li][/list]

It's quiet, but I think it is there.  Not 100% certain on it though but if in doubt I think it'd be better to keep just for simplicity.  (It's certainly not as a noticeable as the bass dropping out in bar 9.)

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMI believe there's a quarter rest at the end of measure 18.

Yep, nice catch.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMPersonally, I'd show the eighth rest in measure 19 to have the full beat on display (it looks a bit off to me with that naked eighth note), and I'd put the B in the third beat on the bottom staff for the sake of symmetry. I think you could hide the top staff quarter rest, too.

Yeah, all of those changes make sense.  I probably should have looked at this section a little more closely when I was checking it over since I think this was my first attempt at cross-staffing.  Thanks!

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMI was curious as to why you chose to include those left hand notes in measure 22, because they seem to be the tom line, not the bass. In any case, I do think it's a good idea to have it here and avoid losing momentum, but if you choose to include it, I recommend adding in the rest of the line in the last two measures. Also, I hear G>C>C instead of C>C>C for the three notes you've written.

The tom line does play there too but I hear the bass joining in for those last three quavers as I have written.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMI feel like there should be an indication that the glissando and the high C of measure 1 aren't present in subsequent loops, but I don't know what the best option would be. A box repeat would look messy, but just parentheses and a 1a volta indication probably wouldn't cut it.

Yeah this is a good point.  If anyone has any good ideas on the best way to do that, I'm all ears.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMAlso, your left margin is just shy of 0.75 inches and it's driving me crazy.

I put the whole thing into my new template just to check and ... yeah I think all my stuff is like this.  I really don't want to go through and change it for all my sheets, and I'd kinda like them all to match.  Sorry :/

Thanks for looking through it!

Latios212

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 12, 2018, 08:36:49 PMI feel like there should be an indication that the glissando and the high C of measure 1 aren't present in subsequent loops, but I don't know what the best option would be. A box repeat would look messy, but just parentheses and a 1a volta indication probably wouldn't cut it.
Quote from: Libera on December 13, 2018, 01:10:59 AMYeah this is a good point.  If anyone has any good ideas on the best way to do that, I'm all ears.
You could just tack on a measure to the end and put the forward repeat bar at m. 2. You have room to redistribute measures, and this would make an even 4/system including the pickup. (Beat 1 of the measure is a sustained G in the RH instead.)

That's all, everything else seems fine.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Yeah that works.  Thanks, and thanks for checking it!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot