News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Wind Scene, truly helped me out of a rock and a hard place

Started by Gooch, July 26, 2008, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooch

Hidey, hidey. Im going to recount a situation that popped up in my life just recently. I suppose you could say it pretty much began when G-Han stopped his rule as an Admin and adding in those new Chrono Trigger songs. Well, lets fast forward a few days (and before i go any furthur, i swear that if someone posts something about me saying church and related topics, i will come find you and gut you like a fish). So, im at camp with my Youth Group when our Youth Pastor hears me play piano for the first time and asks me to play music in front of the church and says he has music for me to play should i need it. I don't exactly have anything that i can play for Offering Music, so i said sure. Well, fast-forward a few more days and we're back home and he hands me a book that has some music in it and tells me to learn something, he doesn't care what. Take note, he just challenged me to learn and have totally foreign music ready to play in front of a crowd of about 200, about 50 of which my peers in less than 2 days (more like 1 and a half). So, im feeling sorta confident, i get home, sit down at my lovely (yet sadly out of tune) baby grande and open this music book. Im confronted with a delima head on upon the opening of the book. This book's piano parts have no melody to them what-so-ever, only accompanyment. So, obviously i cant play that or it just sounds like im just jammin on the piano. So, my mission, find and learn music that has potential to play in front of church. Well, obviously, the first place i turn is NSM (because this is my life, and we all depend on our lives in niches). And i look at the new songs that G-Han added for the first time. I loved Chrono Trigger, still do, play it quite often. My heart went a-flutter when i saw that he had Wind Scene up because i knew it not only to be pretty, but also a good challenge for me to learn in about 1 day and 7 hours. I download it, listen to it, its obviously beautiful so i print it out, and i have pretty much done nothing today but play that piece of music, and tomorrow night i go in to play it for the congregation. I'll tell you how it goes later, but i have to say, thank you G-Han, because Wind Scene is truly remarkable.

Forgive me taking about church, because i know some people are going to go crazy when they hear me saying im playing for Jesus (lol). It protained to the story, so i deem it acceptable in my thread else i wouldn't have put it in there. So i hearby ban all posts talking abou the fact i talked about playing in front of church from my thread. SO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

iDOWN

So, you're playing video game music at church? That's actually pretty cool. xD
I wonder if anyone will recognise it. Well, good luck. :]

Gooch

ok, it went pretty amazingly well. I have discovered that under great stress my fingers go superhuman and refuse to miss any notes. Yeah, one guy walked up to me and looked me in the eyes, gave me a bear hug and said "You are truly a saint for playing Chrono Trigger Music in a church". I told one of my best friends what it's from and he just laughed. I plan on playing more stuff in front of church (btw, they "hired" me as the new pianist for the praise band)

MetroidHunter26

Omg that is AWESOME!!!! man I wish I can play piano to do something like that :P I can't play piano T__T

Gu4n

Awesome, I'd wish you had a recording from it! You'd better play on an enormous pipe organ next time! (h)

I'm still not done with my Chrono Trigger Tribute, but Millenium Fair and Memories of Green are a pain in the ass, actually.

Jamaha

Quote from: Gooch on July 27, 2008, 08:00:19 PM"You are truly a saint for playing Chrono Trigger Music in a church"

I laughed. Just brilliant.

Gooch

Thanks ;D I'll probably use more Chrono Trigger next time 'round, so that means im bouncing off the walls for the entire Chrono Trigger Tribute to be finished!

PseudoMario16

lol u played chrono trigger music in church!!!
but yeah, the wind scene is a pretty good song for there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!