Guardia Millenial Fair: multi-voice trouble (Different one this time)

Started by Bobbythekid21, February 16, 2019, 01:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbythekid21

I'm almost finished with Guardia Millenial Fair, but I'm having a problem. There's just one little part I just can't put my finger on what the notes are. The second voice in measures 36-38 and 40-42 are the ones giving me trouble. If I could get some help that would be awesome, thanks. Here is the original song.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2019, 02:17:29 AMIt really helps to provide the files you're working on to demonstrate what you mean
Really need something to reference because we don't have the measures laid out like you do :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Latios212 on February 16, 2019, 01:29:04 PMReally need something to reference because we don't have the measures laid out like you do :P
*mega facepalm*
Wow, I feel stupid, I put them in my piano arrangements but not here...
Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 06, 2019, 06:11:42 AMGuardi Millennial Fair(Chrono Trigger)
Progress: I am very, very close to being done.
PDF
MID

Looks like I got ninja'd, but yeah those are the links.

Bobbythekid21

Oh, thanks I was about to do that... Sorry. (Dang I feel dumb)
Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

No worries!

Have you tried slowing the audio down using a tool like Audiostretch? Doing so can help you pick out different parts easily, and it seems like you've done a good job in other places so I feel confident you can take a good stab at this part with a bit of effort.

Anyway, there's actually two more voices under the melody present in this part, one of which you've already started writing in m. 39. Here's what I've got for m. 36-39. (Try not to peek until you've given it a shot!)

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Latios212 on February 16, 2019, 01:51:58 PMNo worries!

Have you tried slowing the audio down using a tool like Audiostretch? Doing so can help you pick out different parts easily, and it seems like you've done a good job in other places so I feel confident you can take a good stab at this part with a bit of effort.

Anyway, there's actually two more voices under the melody present in this part, one of which you've already started writing in m. 39. Here's what I've got for m. 36-39. (Try not to peek until you've given it a shot!)

Spoiler
[close]
No, I haven't... I'll give it a try later. I'm busy right now but I will listen to the original until my ears bleed... Or the dishes are done. Thanks though.
Spoiler
[close]

Bobbythekid21

Ok so I fixed it and updated it.
I downloaded finale notepad 2012 but I can't seem to figure it out... My staves are touching and I can't move them apart. Also, I can't figure out how to add a footer.
If someone could help me out with that that would be great.
Spoiler
[close]

Bobbythekid21

I've already read all this and I didn't find anything about moving staves apart from each other or closer together or footers.
Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Ok here's an example where I just took something random and made the staves too close together.
Spoiler
[close]

If you click on the staff tool (treble clef symbol) at the top those boxes will appear like in my picture.  Click on the purple one (its purple in my picture because I've clicked on it, but it won't be be purple in yours until you click on it) and then drag it down until it looks like this.

Spoiler
[close]

Note the 1 inch spacing that shows.

Also it's possible that none of this will work on notepad; it's been many years since I've used notepad so I'm not really aware of what it can and cannot do.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Libera on February 17, 2019, 07:43:20 AMOk here's an example where I just took something random and made the staves too close together.
Spoiler
[close]

If you click on the staff tool (treble clef symbol) at the top those boxes will appear like in my picture.  Click on the purple one (its purple in my picture because I've clicked on it, but it won't be be purple in yours until you click on it) and then drag it down until it looks like this.

Spoiler
[close]

Note the 1 inch spacing that shows.

Also it's possible that none of this will work on notepad; it's been many years since I've used notepad so I'm not really aware of what it can and cannot do.
Ok I'll try it. Thanks!

EDIT: ok, it appears notepad doesn't have the staff tool. I'm broke, so... Now what?
Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Get help with something that your version of finale cannot handle here.

That being said, I'm curious as to how the staves ended up on top of each other in the first place.  I can't think of anything that would cause that to happen, especially since you don't have access to the staff tool.