NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Author Topic: Finale Notepad? .mus files?  (Read 197 times)

Jenna Grace

• Blank Manuscript Paper
  • accumulating disaster
    • View Profile
Finale Notepad? .mus files?
« on: February 28, 2019, 05:06:39 AM »

I've been looking through this site quite a bit in search of what kind of Finale I should use, but I'm not sure what's free or not. I've gone to their website to download Finale Notepad, but it's asking for so much personal information I don't know what to do. All I want is to get a .mus file from my Musescore files, so I can try and see if I can submit some sheet music. If anyone could assist me I'd be infinitely appreciative.

Dekkadeci

• Hyrule Hymn
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finale Notepad? .mus files?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 07:02:11 AM »

I gave up and offered my personal information. I think I tried as hard as possible to give fake names, though.

Yup, that's the thing about getting Finale Notepad 2012 (for free, like it should because it's Notepad).

Bobbythekid21

• Fuzzy Fugue
  • The Sites Greatest Terraria Fan aka Shotgun Spider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »

I gave up and offered my personal information. I think I tried as hard as possible to give fake names, though.

Yup, that's the thing about getting Finale Notepad 2012 (for free, like it should because it's Notepad).
I did the same thing. I filled out as little as possible and when it came to my address I lied.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

• Termina Tango
  • Splatoon is the best
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ninsheetmusic.org
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »

Yah, I just got the free finale notepad 2012. The paid versions I've heard are amazing, but they cost about $600.00
S P L A T T A C K ! ! ! !

Jenna Grace

• Blank Manuscript Paper
  • accumulating disaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 04:42:42 AM »

I did the same thing. I filled out as little as possible and when it came to my address I lied.

Okay that sounds solid. I wasn't sure if there was a concrete reason for it to be asking for so much info, so it's good to know it's not important. Thank you for helping me.

And $600????? That is such an exorbitant amount of money I can't even think about paying that much for a computer program. Wow.

Splatoon Inkling

• Termina Tango
  • Splatoon is the best
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:24:53 AM »

Just about true, but they charge it because it's a really good program, and they know that there are composers, musicians, and arrangers that need a good program for it. Musescore has most of the same features as the newest version of finale, but it I have run into some problems with it. For me right now the free version of finale notepad 2012 works good.

Deku Trombonist

• Code Monkey
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
    • Deku's YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 05:27:57 AM »

If you are a student, you can get the full version at a hefty discount. See here: https://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/special-pricing/
If you want help with anything, feel free to send me a PM.

I have a YouTube channel.

Splatoon Inkling

• Termina Tango
  • Splatoon is the best
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 06:25:20 AM »

Sadly I'm only 15, in 9th grade. If I do go to college I might do something with piano performance or pedagogy, I have not totally decided yet though. Of coarse that's not all I would do because It would be difficult to make a living off of piano teaching, and performing. I also like repairing things (I'm actually taking an automotive repair class right now.)

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.