News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Finale Notepad? .mus files?

Started by Jenna Grace, February 27, 2019, 08:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenna Grace

I've been looking through this site quite a bit in search of what kind of Finale I should use, but I'm not sure what's free or not. I've gone to their website to download Finale Notepad, but it's asking for so much personal information I don't know what to do. All I want is to get a .mus file from my Musescore files, so I can try and see if I can submit some sheet music. If anyone could assist me I'd be infinitely appreciative.

Dekkadeci

I gave up and offered my personal information. I think I tried as hard as possible to give fake names, though.

Yup, that's the thing about getting Finale Notepad 2012 (for free, like it should because it's Notepad).

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Dekkadeci on February 27, 2019, 10:02:11 PMI gave up and offered my personal information. I think I tried as hard as possible to give fake names, though.

Yup, that's the thing about getting Finale Notepad 2012 (for free, like it should because it's Notepad).
I did the same thing. I filled out as little as possible and when it came to my address I lied.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Yah, I just got the free finale notepad 2012. The paid versions I've heard are amazing, but they cost about $600.00

Jenna Grace

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 28, 2019, 05:24:07 AMI did the same thing. I filled out as little as possible and when it came to my address I lied.
Quote from: Dekkadeci on February 27, 2019, 10:02:11 PMI gave up and offered my personal information. I think I tried as hard as possible to give fake names, though.

Okay that sounds solid. I wasn't sure if there was a concrete reason for it to be asking for so much info, so it's good to know it's not important. Thank you for helping me.

And $600????? That is such an exorbitant amount of money I can't even think about paying that much for a computer program. Wow.

Splatoon Inkling

Just about true, but they charge it because it's a really good program, and they know that there are composers, musicians, and arrangers that need a good program for it. Musescore has most of the same features as the newest version of finale, but it I have run into some problems with it. For me right now the free version of finale notepad 2012 works good.

The Deku Trombonist

If you are a student, you can get the full version at a hefty discount. See here: https://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/special-pricing/

Splatoon Inkling

Sadly I'm only 15, in 9th grade. If I do go to college I might do something with piano performance or pedagogy, I have not totally decided yet though. Of coarse that's not all I would do because It would be difficult to make a living off of piano teaching, and performing. I also like repairing things (I'm actually taking an automotive repair class right now.)