News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

New art for the main site?

Started by Latios212, March 12, 2019, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Hi everyone!

Lately a few people have expressed interest in creating new art for the main site. As the current banner is nearly 9 years old (over half the age of the site itself!) it's a good time for a visual refresh. We're going to need a new banner, as well as a logo (currently we're just using the banner image as the logo as well in multiple places).

So if you're interested please let me know here in this topic or message me privately! The details of technical specifications as well as any other requirements will be sorted out soon; we're just trying to gauge interest and give everyone a heads up for now. There's no guarantee we will be using anyone's particular artwork, but we will be open to submissions.

Thanks~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SuperMarina

What are the dimension limitations (width by height)? I noticed in the last banner thread that the original creator noted something was cropped off. I'd want the clarification to avoid such a thing if possible.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

mikey

unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

Do I have to have a special program to create a banner? I'm considering possibly doing it, but I want to know if I'll need something like Paint shop pro or something like that. Iv'e got a copy. Also, who made the banner that is up now, and what did they use to make it? Is the whole thing 100% original, or does it have images taken from a site? I'm just asking some questions ahead of time.

BrainyLucario

Sounds like something I'd be interested it
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

braix

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on March 12, 2019, 09:17:54 PMDo I have to have a special program to create a banner? I'm considering possibly doing it, but I want to know if I'll need something like Paint shop pro or something like that. Iv'e got a copy. Also, who made the banner that is up now, and what did they use to make it? Is the whole thing 100% original, or does it have images taken from a site? I'm just asking some questions ahead of time.
Just need any kind of digital graphics editing program, doesn't matter which. Also, this is for an official logo/banner so any copyrighted content such as images takrn off another site is a big no.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

B-b-b-but the main site art we have now is iconic! Nostalgic!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

Bobbythekid21

TBH I agree with BDS but I'm still interested in trying my hand at this if I have the time.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Hmmm... I think new art could be cool, but I also really like what we have. Perhaps have a way to keep both and choose which version you want to see? Is that a thing?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter


The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SuperMarina

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 13, 2019, 07:17:41 AMHmmm... I think new art could be cool, but I also really like what we have. Perhaps have a way to keep both and choose which version you want to see? Is that a thing?

Like Google Chrome Themes? I'd almost like to see that.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, something like that. I was thinking specifically along the lines of the different forum themes we can select here as another example.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter


The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

AmpharosAndy

keep the oldy innit

unless we're doing a re-brand sorta thing with new sheets and systems and magic yeh
innit

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 13, 2019, 08:29:55 AMkeep the oldy innit

unless we're doing a re-brand sorta thing with new sheets and systems and magic yeh
This is kinda how I feel about it, it would look weird if we got a new logo but everything else looked the same. It's like having a house where the kitchen is completely remodeled and looks really modern but the rest of the house just looks really old. I am NOT saying that the site as it is now looks bad, I'm just comparing "new kitchen-old house" to "new logo-old site" so you get my point.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

SuperMarina

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 13, 2019, 08:41:35 AMThis is kinda how I feel about it, it would look weird if we got a new logo but everything else looked the same. It's like having a house where the kitchen is completely remodeled and looks really modern but the rest of the house just looks really old. I am NOT saying that the site as it is now looks bad, I'm just comparing "new kitchen-old house" to "new logo-old site" so you get my point.
An all or nothing?
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.